HM Flashpoints and Ops and PVP gear

Since I have hit 50 I have spent alot of time trying to gear up my PVP sets and so far have grinded to full Centurion with a couple pieces of Champion gear in there as well, but I wanted to take a break from the PVP grind and try out some of the HM Ops and Flashpoints, especially since I want the Rakata 2h Lightsaber for my main weapon. My real question is this, I know you should work to grind up the PVE tiers to work towards the hard mode, but in all honesty, are HM's doable in PVP gear or is there really that much of a difference between Tionese/columi and the PVP sets.

If I have to grind the dailies to get started from the bottom, no big deal but was just curious if I really need to start from the beginning or somewhere in the middle and play catchup.

You won't pull out as much with PVP gear for sure. Champion gear will be way enough for HM flashpoints or normal raids (maybe hard mode raids too I'm not sure), but as soon as you get Columni you should use those instead.

I assume that when you say "You wont pull out as much with PVP gear" you mean DPS?

I guess I really just wanted to know where I would stand with what I have before I try to join a pug group (guildies too busy leveling alts) and I dont want them to be like ***, or get in over my head for that matter.

Most hardmode flashpoints can definitely be completed in Centurion/Champion gear. Taral V, Maelstrom, Kaon and False Emperor certainly, Esseles and Battle of Ilum probably. Haven't done D7 hard mode yet, that's supposed to be the most difficult.

Since I have hit 50 I have spent alot of time trying to gear up my PVP sets and so far have grinded to full Centurion with a couple pieces of Champion gear in there as well, but I wanted to take a break from the PVP grind and try out some of the HM Ops and Flashpoints, especially since I want the Rakata 2h Lightsaber for my main weapon. My real question is this, I know you should work to grind up the PVE tiers to work towards the hard mode, but in all honesty, are HM's doable in PVP gear or is there really that much of a difference between Tionese/columi and the PVP sets.

If I have to grind the dailies to get started from the bottom, no big deal but was just curious if I really need to start from the beginning or somewhere in the middle and play catchup.

If you have full champ, you can clear hardmode operations fairly effortlessly.

Assuming your other 7 aren't ******* anyway.