Does the War Hero set bonus transfer?

Marqhill

I need someone who knows the answer to this question to please respond as soon as you can. Do you know for certain if the PvP set bonus transfers over when you move the mods, enhancements and armoring? I just switched to synthweaving so that I can craft augmented jedi gear for myself and a friend and it's kind of important that I get an answer to this question as soon as possible. I'm considering crafting augmented war hero gear but if the set bonus will transfer to any other orange gear set then I'll just do that instead because the War Hero gear for jedi knights looks kind of dumb. (stupid troopers getting all the coolest looking gear... :D )

Please let me know as soon as you can.

Set bonus is on the armoring for WH. So move that in and you can load up the mod and enhancement with whatever you want. You'll also note that the armoring has piece limitation on it (head/chest/etc) to prevent farming 1 piece over and over to get the full bonus.

Set bonus is on the armoring for WH. So move that in and you can load up the mod and enhancement with whatever you want. You'll also note that the armoring has piece limitation on it (head/chest/etc) to prevent farming 1 piece over and over to get the full bonus.

Ya know, all in all I actually like the stats on my war hero gear. There's some accuracy but not too much and there is A LOT of surge and power. So Im happy for that as well. My crit may decrease by a small margin though but I'm willing to accept that for the significant increase in surge and power that I'm getting.

While you can follow the rule of "gear that is new in 1.2 or later has the set bonus on the mods," there are also a couple ways to tell if a set bonus will transfer by looking at an item you have:

1. Open the modification window for the item, then mouseover the Armoring. If the tooltip for the Armoring lists a set bonus, then it is the source of the bonus.

2. If the item is equipped, check the set bonus criteria in the item tooltip. Instead of seeing something like "War Hero Force-Master's Boots" you will see "War Hero Force-Master's Boots (Armoring)." The (Armoring) indicates that the set bonus is coming from the mod, not the gear.

While you can follow the rule of "gear that is new in 1.2 or later has the set bonus on the mods," there are also a couple ways to tell if a set bonus will transfer by looking at an item you have:

1. Open the modification window for the item, then mouseover the Armoring. If the tooltip for the Armoring lists a set bonus, then it is the source of the bonus.

2. If the item is equipped, check the set bonus criteria in the item tooltip. Instead of seeing something like "War Hero Force-Master's Boots" you will see "War Hero Force-Master's Boots (Armoring)." The (Armoring) indicates that the set bonus is coming from the mod, not the gear.

AWESOME! I'll check this out when I get home. This is incredibly helpful!

I have a Battle Master Chest piece and the armoring has the (chest) tip when I mouseover. I moved the items from a Vendor BM chest to a custom Augmented BM chest and the tool tip is not giving me the bonus. This does not seem to be working for me.

It is not transferring the bonus.

I can send screenshots if needed.

I have a Battle Master Chest piece and the armoring has the (chest) tip when I mouseover. I moved the items from a Vendor BM chest to a custom Augmented BM chest and the tool tip is not giving me the bonus. This does not seem to be working for me.

It is not transferring the bonus.

I can send screenshots if needed.

Battlemaster bonuses are not supposed to transfer with the Armoring. (does the armoring say it has a bonus? no)

And crafted Battlemaster pieces do NOT have any bonus on the shell.

You misinterpreted the yellow text. He explained that the way to see if the Armoring has the bonus is NOT by seeing if it has the (chest) on mouseover, but the set bonus criteria should have (armoring) in it.

So working as intended.

Edited by Rhaphael

I was certainly bummed that the BatlleMaster bonuses didn't transfer as well. I switched from Artifice to Synthweaving for the new craftable PVP gear for this purpose. It's my own daggon fault for not verifying beforehand.

I was certainly bummed that the BatlleMaster bonuses didn't transfer as well. I switched from Artifice to Synthweaving for the new craftable PVP gear for this purpose. It's my own daggon fault for not verifying beforehand.

At least you were able to check here before you spent over 600k credits to transfer the Mods, Enhancements, etc into the augmented gear only to find that the bonus didn't transfer as well

Keep in mind though...

The lack of BM set bonus transer should NOT be enough to stop you from favoring the aug-slots over those meager set bonuses!

Yeah, it would've been nice if they transferred, or at least allowed the craftable versions of the BM shells (that they are selling the schematics for!) to carry the set bonuses, but the impact is minimal at best. Particularly, now that BM is transitional gear to WH anyway.

At the very least, you can use an aug-slot chest and still get the 4/5 which should maintain your set-bonus.

Edited by XLJedi

• 2 weeks later...