Must buy items?

AussieAlan

So I am level 27 sage healer, I have 90k credits.

What/is there any must buy items?, maybe orange gloves or boots?.

I was going to save for a holostatue but I remembered I will get one from pre order the dlc, so know I am wondering what to spend it on, or should I keep saving for later in the game?.

Save it for skill purchase, I'm at level 44 and the skill upgrades are now 25k each, I find myself short on funds often, oranges are good but the down side is having to craft or but upgrades for them every few Levels. Am wondering if you might be better off just using item that drop. You will be lower on stats but better off credit wise.

There is absolutely nothing you MUST buy at any level. At all levels, whatever you participate in - solo questing, heroic missions, flashpoints, hard mode flashpoints, operations, and warzones, will provide you what you need to progress. Crafting and/or buying stuff off the GTM from crafters will only make those aspects of the game a little easier.

So I am level 27 sage healer, I have 90k credits.

What/is there any must buy items?, maybe orange gloves or boots?.

I was going to save for a holostatue but I remembered I will get one from pre order the dlc, so know I am wondering what to spend it on, or should I keep saving for later in the game?.

A lot of flashpoints and other missions will have orange gear as rewards. Once you get some, use your money to buy mods for your gear. ALso, you can use your planetary comms to buy mods for your gear.

Edited by zejaie

There is absolutely nothing you MUST buy at any level. At all levels, whatever you participate in - solo questing, heroic missions, flashpoints, hard mode flashpoints, operations, and warzones, will provide you what you need to progress. Crafting and/or buying stuff off the GTM from crafters will only make those aspects of the game a little easier.

QFT.

Orange shells are ridiculously cheap now as a result of the Cartel Market. So you can pick up those for next to nothing. Planetary Heroics will also give you orange shells for free.

Use your planetary comms to buy armorings, mods and enhancements. It is perfectly OK to be 4-5 levels behind on your gear-to-level ratio.

Save your credits for purchasing abilities. Also, check the Public Test Server patch notes for 2.0 they are removing quite a few abilities - so there is no point in wasting credits now on things that will be stripped away in a few weeks.

OK, but I craft all my mods, I enjoy making my own stuff and picking mods which are far superior to the ones on offer from buying comms such as making critical endurance, and absorb enhancements.

As for group, I give up on them.

I know you can get orange from quests and such but its only legs and chest that I get, which is why I was thinking of getting boots and gloves, I saw them on gtn for 10k each, with level 4 slicing its not going to take too long to replace the money, besides I'm subbed, if i need more coins I figure I will just buy some major xp boosts with my free cartel coins and sell them on gtn.

If you want to get good gear run flashpoints, pick up the daily for flashpoints at the fleet to get the extra commendations and do hc missions on the respective planets, again for exp and gear/commendations for gear. Do not spend your money whilst levelling on buying gear from the GTN and especially not NPC vendors.

Save your money for when you are lvl 50 because, quite frankly, that is when it matters and that is when it is needed.

You shouldn't really have to buy anything except for speeder and license and new abilites. Should be able to get by ok with drops or quest rewards. It's tempting to buy things but it's really not neccessary to get by your first time around to 50.

I dont bother gearing any of my toons while I level. You will outgrow it all really fast. Do quests and buy pvp gear with warzone commendations and you will be fine. Dont bother spending creds you will need them all when you hit 50:). Good luck to you!

My answer to the question is (depends on your crew skills however) - relics, implants and earpieces. As others are indicating above, questing will drop most other gear items, these ones are rarer as mission rewards so should be your focus.

There is a bit of an obsession with orange gear, which forces you down the cybertech or planet comms grinding. If you've got at least blue items within a level or two of where you are, it should be fine.

I gave up on groups, I always end up with noobs especially in +4 and get left to die, and then told not to attack by the noobs who do not know healing gens threat.

What about getting one of those crafting things so the gay ship droid is not useless.