BiS Relic Question

Satedbuffalo

What's the BiS relic for healers, at this point?

A Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages combined with the Dread Guard Relic of Ephemeral Mending offers the best total healing output (so long as the Boundless Ages is used on cooldown), mathematically.

That said, I'm really nervous about the RNG-based healing relics and I definitely don't like the idea of using an on-use relic for healing.

I'm currently sitting w/ WH Boundless Ages Relics.

Would folks mind weighing in on their experience using the Dread Guard PvE relics as opposed to the WH relics? I'm not so much interested in raw output, but in 'feel'/rhythm issues.

Edited by Satedbuffalo

for nmec i use 2 WH relics for the tanks and for kephess because the need for steady healing is greater than burst, but for pretty much everything else i like using the on use for oh crap moments. i havent reached kephess yet, so my need for burst healing in the last phase might make me reconsider using 2 WH relics.

the 85% downtime of the healing relic, and the fact that is tends to overheal makes me dislike the proc healing relic.

The healing relic is fine when you are not doing content which stresses healers and everything is easy, peasy.

Once you get into NiM EC, throw that thing in the garbage and pick up double war hero.

Edited by Justcae

I'm using 2x WH (3/4 NiM EC). However, 1 WH and 1 Activated Power Dread Guard would also work, I just don't use it as healing already gets chaotic enough, this way I don't have to worry about another cd to watch. The proc relic is just bad. It would work if it went off on the target I am currently healing but more often than not it goes off a full hp DPS in a Salvation or even a CC'd target.

• 2 weeks later...

I also use 2x War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages (4/4 NiM EC). I just like not having to worry about clicking another thing while healing... I do use the DG Power clicky for dps though, but that's another thing entirely.

Stay away from the Ephemeral Mending relics...