Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if strongholds will implement more SGR? As my bounty hunter...he's meant for Torian!!!

Well if it adds the next stage of the forged alliances story arc then that probably means more Theron Shan and Lana Beniko, but I'm guessing Torian will have to wait a while longer yet.

My BH is still waiting to be created... :(

...nobody who cares is around anymore...

Hey! There's still a whole bunch of us -- we're queer and we're here ! ! ! *pumps fist in the air*

...they've lost hope...

No, hope never dies. But certainly there's massive disillusionment with BioWare and the Customer Support team.

:mad:

I've been playing a lot of The Secret World lately, as it's new to me and SWTOR doesn't have any content at the moment.

I mean, we just had Mr. Boyd tell us about two flashpoints that came out months ago. Wee. Yay. Maybe in 2020 he'll tell us about how to romance Vector with your ding-a-ling still attached.

hey! There's still a whole bunch of us -- we're queer and we're here ! ! ! *pumps fist in the air*

no, hope never dies. But certainly there's massive disillusionment with bioware and the customer support team.

:mad:

woot!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Lana Beniko. The way she touches my inquisitor's face, I'm feeling like there's a strong possibility she'll end up as one of the next companions. The way Lana Beniko steps in when she touches my face, that isn't what a friend or someone that isn't attracted to you would do. To me that was either or both of two things: 1. She's letting me know she's romantically in to me. 2. and/or is making a power play by getting in with another powerful Dark Council member (me/my inquisitor - holy identity crisis), and she also feels like I'm her potential protector from anything Darth Arkous may do. Maybe there will be a future story ark where a player helps her become a council member by getting Arkous out of the way. The added consequence being a relationship of a more personal nature with Beniko. That's a speculative tangent, but here's how it went down with my inq:

Both Lana and Theron seem almost perfect cut to fit 'SGR companion' slots.

We already know from Manaan FP on PTS that they end up working together so likely we will meet them on both factions and the entire goal of this Forged Alliances story is cross-faction work against something else. They could possible be the main new companions added in the 3.0 expansion who would lead the story and bring SGR companion romances

Edited by Pietrastor

Both Lana and Theron seem almost perfect cut to fit 'SGR companion' slots.

We already know from Manaan FP on PTS that they end up working together so likely we will meet them on both factions and the entire goal of this Forged Alliances story is cross-faction work against something else. They could possible be the main new companions added in the 3.0 expansion who would lead the story and bring SGR companion romances

But then we'd still end up with only one SGR companion for each side: Lana for the bisexual and lesbian ladies of the Empire, and Theron for the bisexual and gay men of the Republic. It's the reverse of the problem we had with Makeb, but I suppose if they do eventually become companions it will be better than the Makeb situation, which (at least for Imperials) seemed to be "One kiss and then permanent 'death' with no chance of true resurrection" and they ever lovely "we're super sorry that we divided gay/lesbian to Empire/Republic respectively, and we'll say we'll address in future story content, but we'll only half-arse it because we can't be bothered."

I'm sure Lana's great on the PTS (I don't have the room to install it at the moment so I've played), but frankly I don't think my (gay) Agent would want to have to deal with looking after a Force Sensitive or

another bloody moron on the run from the Dark council.

Frankly, it'd probably be Vector, Lord Cytharat (if he's even alive by this point - we might have chosen Light Side to save him but apparently that means nothing to Bioware) or an II Agent he can "trust".

Besides, with the amount of cutting down Bioware is doing on story content (it's a single flashpoint this time, isn't it? Not the two and one-quest we started with, but just a random flashpoint?) we'd be damn lucky that they even entertain the notion of companions again, and considering they promised not to put story content on the Cartel Market, they won't put Lana, Theron or any other SGRA companion on there. And if they can't charge us through the nose, they're likely not going to do it. I'd like them to surprise me, of course, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

That being said, would you guys recommend installing the PTS just for the one flashpoint?

That being said, would you guys recommend installing the PTS just for the one flashpoint?

Unless you don't have the space on your drive then you might as well, but given that 2.9 is going live in a week and some change if you don't have the space I wouldn't go out of my way to free up any. Can't say I've regretted it myself, but I was doing a bit of GSH research on there too.

I'm liking Lana a lot; my agent originally only flirted with her because she has a tendency of buttering up people she thinks may be important, but I think if it came to it she'd pick Lana over Vector at this point (doesn't help that I've basically forgotten what I liked about Vector in the first place after so long).

I'm not the world's biggest Theron fan yet, he seems a bit businesslike to me, but maybe when 2.9 goes live and I try it with some different characters I'll warm to him.

But then we'd still end up with only one SGR companion for each side: Lana for the bisexual and lesbian ladies of the Empire, and Theron for the bisexual and gay men of the Republic.

You didn't read what I wrote, if Lana and Theron end up as companions then I expect them to be cross-faction, on both sides, just like HK and Treek because of the way Forged Alliances story is being set up. As for 'only one'. Don't expect anything more. The game came out nearly 3 years ago, if we even get these 2 as SGR companions it will be a surprise because at this point I stopped even considering anything else than 1-line flirts will get implemented.

Besides, with the amount of cutting down Bioware is doing on story content (it's a single flashpoint this time, isn't it? Not the two and one-quest we started with, but just a random flashpoint?) we'd be damn lucky that they even entertain the notion of companions again, and considering they promised not to put story content on the Cartel Market, they won't put Lana, Theron or any other SGRA companion on there. And if they can't charge us through the nose, they're likely not going to do it. I'd like them to surprise me, of course, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's not 'just a FP', it's continuation ot the story from Tython/Korriban, set on its own planet and will be continued in another FP in part 3 of Forged Alliances that leads to 3.0 expansion. This is the best story treatement and vision they had since the game launched, it's like they actually do try again to put some focus on the story.

As for installing just for PTS? 20GB+ download. If you feel like leaving your PC/laptop overnight to install it sure, if not don't bother, everything is on Youtube.

I'm not the world's biggest Theron fan yet, he seems a bit businesslike to me, but maybe when 2.9 goes live and I try it with some different characters I'll warm to him.

He's rather sweet, and there are multiple options to flirt with him in Part 1 and Part 2

Edited by Pietrastor

You didn't read what I wrote, if Lana and Theron end up as companions then I expect them to be cross-faction, on both sides, just like HK and Treek because of the way Forged Alliances story is being set up. As for 'only one'. Don't expect anything more. The game came out nearly 3 years ago, if we even get these 2 as SGR companions it will be a surprise because at this point I stopped even considering anything else than 1-line flirts will get implemented.

It's not 'just a FP', it's continuation ot the story from Tython/Korriban, set on its own planet and will be continued in another FP in part 3 of Forged Alliances that leads to 3.0 expansion. This is the best story treatement and vision they had since the game launched, it's like they actually do try again to put some focus on the story.

As for installing just for PTS? 20GB+ download. If you feel like leaving your PC/laptop overnight to install it sure, if not don't bother, everything is on Youtube.

I did misunderstand your point there - I suppose I'll have to wait until it drops live (and level my Smug) to see if the Theron Shan thing would make sense cross-faction.

As for being "just" a flashpoint - does it have a linking quest chain (as the Korriban/Tython flashpoints did)? I assume it does, given how you're talking about it, and that such would be required for further (appropriate) Lana/Theron interactions. If they're actually putting focus on story again, I'll be pleasantly surprised. In spite of my tone (and I realise I just *****ed up a storm, that's was entirely wrong of me and I apologise), I do actually very much enjoy story content (but I do prefer the solo stuff over the flashpoint stuff, hence my hesitation about being excited about 'Forged Alliances', seeing as it appears to be mostly flashpoint based - I never ran any of the flashpoints while levelling because I dislike such disorganised grouping, which was probably detrimental to my story experience, in retrospect.)

I did misunderstand your point there - I suppose I'll have to wait until it drops live (and level my Smug) to see if the Theron Shan thing would make sense cross-faction.

As for being "just" a flashpoint - does it have a linking quest chain (as the Korriban/Tython flashpoints did)? I assume it does, given how you're talking about it, and that such would be required for further (appropriate) Lana/Theron interactions. If they're actually putting focus on story again, I'll be pleasantly surprised. In spite of my tone (and I realise I just *****ed up a storm, that's was entirely wrong of me and I apologise), I do actually very much enjoy story content (but I do prefer the solo stuff over the flashpoint stuff, hence my hesitation about being excited about 'Forged Alliances', seeing as it appears to be mostly flashpoint based - I never ran any of the flashpoints while levelling because I dislike such disorganised grouping, which was probably detrimental to my story experience, in retrospect.)

Majority of story cutscenes in Forged Alliances FPs are set before, after and in-between the actual FP instaces thus you don't have to deal much with spacebar group members. Much better than in some of the old FPs. I just think this is vastly superior to what they've been doing before. Czerka here, now Dread Guards, Black Hole over there, rouge Sith on Ilum, now Hutts etc. There was no focus or vision for the long-term story. For Forged Alliances + 3.0 they've seemingly planned the arc for the entire year in advance. I wish they did it like that from now on, the game would be much more engaging if we had focused story arcs each 'season'/year Edited by Pietrastor

Wait. Did I miss something? What is the storyline that people are talking about with Lana and Theron? Is it already in the game? If so, is it only for Level 55? Are the same-gender flirts already active or are they coming? This makes me excited because, while my Imp guys could flirt with Cytharat (in theory, none of them are level 55 yet), my Pub guys are out of luck.

It's attached to the Tython/Korriban flashpoints, which are currently in game and are tactical (meaning any level/class composition can do them), and I believe they and the quest are available for any level. Where you can get it though, I can't remember.

It's attached to the Tython/Korriban flashpoints, which are currently in game and are tactical (meaning any level/class composition can do them), and I believe they and the quest are available for any level. Where you can get it though, I can't remember.

Forged Alliance is only lvl 55. When you hit 55 there is a droid on fleet, I think named "Story Arc" that starts it for you.

I'm more than certain there's nothing I can say now that hasn't been said a dozen times; but my 2 cents are just; Not throwing in female on female or male on male romance options really makes it pointless to be nice to some of my companions. Now that's purely just my opinion. But I'm really disappointed that Bioware of all companies only recently decided to implement it.

I'm more than certain there's nothing I can say now that hasn't been said a dozen times; but my 2 cents are just; Not throwing in female on female or male on male romance options really makes it pointless to be nice to some of my companions. Now that's purely just my opinion. But I'm really disappointed that Bioware of all companies only recently decided to implement it.

It's not that they decided only to do it recently. They had said pre-launch they were going to have it. The problem was EA effing everyone by slashing BioWare's development funding and ripping out 90% of its writing staff over the last 2yrs to make them work on other games. BioWare is left with a much smaller staff and far less funding to be able to do all the big things for SWTOR that they really wanted to do. SGRA's were promised to players already and the most we have gotten is some convo choices with NPC's. It's a start, but what the majority of those seeking SGRA's want a Companion to join you and not some meaningless fluff one-night-stands.

With slashed funding and staff, BioWare has to try and keep improving the game and giving us what they promised, but there's only so much they can do, so things're coming out much more slowly and in smaller increments than both we and they would've liked.

It's not that they decided only to do it recently. They had said pre-launch they were going to have it. The problem was EA effing everyone by slashing BioWare's development funding and ripping out 90% of its writing staff over the last 2yrs to make them work on other games. BioWare is left with a much smaller staff and far less funding to be able to do all the big things for SWTOR that they really wanted to do. SGRA's were promised to players already and the most we have gotten is some convo choices with NPC's. It's a start, but what the majority of those seeking SGRA's want a Companion to join you and not some meaningless fluff one-night-stands.

With slashed funding and staff, BioWare has to try and keep improving the game and giving us what they promised, but there's only so much they can do, so things're coming out much more slowly and in smaller increments than both we and they would've liked.

I don't think we can blame just EA. The fault lies on both sides.

I don't think we can blame just EA. The fault lies on both sides.

Well yeah, Bioware* could have put it originally, as expected of a Bioware game.

I mean, The Sims has been around quite a few years now, so it's not as if EA were new to the whole "two pointy pixels together" idea either.

*This studio (Austin), iirc, was created by EA, but I am under the impression it had some Bioware vets in as well

Exactly. 1 [flirt] line for imps, 1 for repubs. Hardly worth remembering. Unless I'll end up forging an alliance between my trooper's d*ck and Theron's a*$*s, which I doubt.

I imagine rigging the animation for that would be a bit tricky.