• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess ill update my parses:

Lethality NO ACID BLADE: 3046.55

http://www.torparse.com/a/319825/3/0/Damage+Dealt

Lethality With Acid Blade: 3159.28

http://www.torparse.com/a/319950/time/1372806862/1372807195/0/Damage+Dealt

Concealment (just for whoever is interested)... trim doesnt work right, in the full fight you can see 305 second the 3030 DPS... but when u trim, it miss something during the fight and goes lower.

http://www.torparse.com/a/319950/3/0/Damage+Dealt

pick w/e u prefer with acid blade or without acid blade

LOL Carlenux! Overpowered Operatives! What gear did you have on you?

Thanks, i didnt do anything special. All I did was replace a dmg proc relic for the Power Proc relic. I think its good to note that the only "outlier" in terms of crit was FiB and the initial hit of mind which are always a little higher because of Force Potency. I wish I would have hit high 20's for crit with all my dots. That would have been a special parse. :D

What are your stats like?

How much power?

Any crit?

Accuracy vs. Surge

Updating Mruniverse- Vanguard- Hybrid 2/22/22- 3002.15 dps

Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/319062

Nice to see some competition as a vanguard.

Makes me do better.

As a result i made some modifications in my gear , dropped below 10%(9.42) accuracy to got the 71% surge and it worked better. Also the 75 OH armoring helped.

Have 250 crit rating.

Update on my parse: Thoric - Vanguard 2/22/22 - 3051.9

Edited by MoJozor

Nice to see some competition as a vanguard.

Makes me do better.

As a result i made some modifications in my gear , dropped below 10%(9.42) accuracy to got the 71% surge and it worked better. Also the 75 OH armoring helped.

Have 250 crit rating.

Update on my parse: Thoric - Vanguard 2/22/22 - 3051.9

Lol holy **** that's awesome! You better watch out, you've awoken the beast =p

What are your stats like?

How much power?

Any crit?

Accuracy vs. Surge

At the time of the parse yesterday my stats were

Willpower 3109

Strength 155

Power 1287

Force Power 2012

Crit 110

Surge 395

Accuracy 381

Alacrity 0

Im going to be playing around with higher crit the next few days and hopefully I will win some KD stuff this week. Also im not full 72, I have 2 initiative enhancements that are still 69 grade.

Edited by mmerry

Updated with a 72 barrel and 72 offhand. Mix of 69/72's

Blackbox - Vanguard - Assault - 8/7/31 - 2727 http://www.torparse.com/a/312358/time/1372390158/1372390483/0/Overview

This was post #425. It didn't get updated? I should be 4th... Though, not that I expect to stay up there with my spec. I am tempted to try on the 2/22/22 spec, but I don't like the idea of relying on a lot more 4m abilities and channeling skills. Looking at actual boss fights, I think pyro/assault is competitive with the best, just not on the dummy.

Universe and Thoric,

Can you guys provide your gear? Be interested to know main stat, power, crit, surge, accuracy, relics and set bonus. I believe there is a gear gap. It will provide for a better comparison.

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

There is a single boss fight in the whole game up until now in which i prefer Full Assault over Hybryd , and that is Dread Guards on TFB.

All the other are more than viable for hybryd spec.

And i did say my stats : 9.42 accuracy (388 rating), 71% surge (395 rating)

250 crit rating, rest power, using BA and SA relics.

3001 main stat (no stim), using 4 Partisan Eliminator Armorings for the pvp setbonus.

Edited by MoJozor

There is a single boss fight in the whole game up until now in which i prefer Full Assault over Hybryd , and that is Dread Guards on TFB.

All the other are more than viable for hybryd spec.

And i did say my stats : 9.42 accuracy (388 rating), 71% surge (395 rating)

250 crit rating, rest power, using BA and SA relics.

3001 main stat (no stim), using 4 Partisan Eliminator Armorings for the pvp setbonus.

Because I can't assume you are all adept 31 or initiative 31 minus 250 crit, saying 'rest power' doesn't really help me understand any gear gap. You could have 1000 power or 1300. Just wanted to know the power figure since you provided the rest.

Because I can't assume you are all adept 31 or initiative 31 minus 250 crit, saying 'rest power' doesn't really help me understand any gear gap. You could have 1000 power or 1300. Just wanted to know the power figure since you provided the rest.

Is that Full 72 gear or with 75?

so vanguard deeps is still viable..!

A vanguard is top in our raid in NiM TFB about half the time. They've been viable, with the potential to be excellent, but the ones who are performing at those levels haven't posted in this particular thread (until now at least).

Edited by namesaretough

A vanguard is top in our raid in NiM TFB about half the time. They've been viable, with the potential to be excellent, but the ones who are performing at those levels haven't posted in this particular thread (until now at least).

i feel that all classes are viable, a little bit more than it was pre 2.0... but like you said, theres that small group of people that can do those numbers with certain class (lets say SSin - PT maybe some others)... so it gets to the point where people dont use them in raid because only 5-10 people can play it, rest barely do 2700, something other class can do with less gear / trouble... thats the problem.

i had this same problem pre 2.0 with operative, i was the only one i knew that played op decently... they buffed them, everyone started watching dizella's and i numbers, everyone rerolled OP dps, now u see like 10 on each chart like... really? ... next patch they nerf us a bit... buff Ssin or w/e "underpowered" class... 3 months later you will see no operatives forgotten like PTs are now, and there will be 10 new Ssin dps everyone is playing.

guess ill update my parses:

Lethality NO ACID BLADE: 3046.55

http://www.torparse.com/a/319825/3/0/Damage+Dealt

Lethality With Acid Blade: 3159.28

http://www.torparse.com/a/319950/time/1372806862/1372807195/0/Damage+Dealt

Concealment (just for whoever is interested)... trim doesnt work right, in the full fight you can see 305 second the 3030 DPS... but when u trim, it miss something during the fight and goes lower.

http://www.torparse.com/a/319950/3/0/Damage+Dealt

pick w/e u prefer with acid blade or without acid blade

In your 3159 parse.. umm what is all that at the 1 second mark?

18:44:23.064] [@Invinc] [Operations Training Dummy {2857785339412480}:143118842965] [Orbital Strike {2145301804613632}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] 6300* elemental {836045448940875}) <6300> [18:44:23.675 Invinc's Hidden Strike critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 6300* kinetic damage, causing 6300 threat!

2 attacks all in the same time slot doing the same amount of damage and in different font than everything else? Idk, not saying its fake just saying I've never seen that in the million parses I've looked at. Go to the actual parse and look at it, it's weird.

Yea I know Thorric is up there in torparse all the time during HM TFB 55 and HM SnV. We only have 1 PT DPS and did not try this X/22/22 Hybrid spec and i think he was running either AP or PYRO. Do you agree though that the Full PT DPS trees are a bit lacking?

Edited by paowee

so vanguard deeps is still viable..! 3050 in full UW gear on the dummy... just gota roll hybrid spec. interesting... you always parse great thoric especially in raids!

I tried looking for his parses, sorted by VG for 16M HM in both TFB and S&V and there are a number of fights he isn't even on. So then I wondered if maybe you guys were from the same server, but nope... So, now I am just wondering what you have seen?

In fact, I went back to look even more thoroughly through every single fight on 16M HM and don't see anything current, at all. I seen some older parses where he was standard assault... Not doubting he can pull good numbers, just not seeing where. Mr Universe pulls some great numbers on boss fights. He is always up there.

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

I don't believe that is factual... Just because we have some high parses from hybrid builds on the dummy, it does translate 1:1 on the bosses. IMO - Assault has the greatest carry-over from operations dummy testing to real boss fights mainly because the dummy doesn't allow for the under 30% damage increase that assault will give, and doesn't take into account that an assault VG can stay on the move the entire time, without stopping. You can literally kite circles around the boss within 10m without missing a shot, thus avoiding all sorts of nasty floor candy.

If your healers are up for the task, or if you want to memorize how the exact fight goes, then it probably isn't a big deal to sit in floor candy, or time your channels when you know you don't have to move, but having the freedom to make changes on the fly is what brings assault to the top, in my opinion. Then again, I can see where 2/22/22 works great for 8M TC for add duty. Plenty of AoE power... I found myself using the 2/22/22 on that fight specifically.

Dummy testing is fun and all, but it easy to get caught up in 3K ops = 3K bosses damage. I know most here know it doesn't work like that, but it seems to be a prevailing thought. Some specs have a lot of carry-over, some not so much. What matters most is what can you do in a raid environment? And that is when you actually notice, that the game is pretty decently balanced for DPS. Perhaps a few outliers....

I tried looking for his parses, sorted by VG for 16M HM in both TFB and S&V and there are a number of fights he isn't even on. So then I wondered if maybe you guys were from the same server, but nope... So, now I am just wondering what you have seen?

In fact, I went back to look even more thoroughly through every single fight on 16M HM and don't see anything current, at all. I seen some older parses where he was standard assault... Not doubting he can pull good numbers, just not seeing where. Mr Universe pulls some great numbers on boss fights. He is always up there.

that was in the previous tier like before makeb hit. Thorric is especially high up there in HM Dread Guard Council with DFA on cooldown on all three bosses.

I don't believe that is factual... Just because we have some high parses from hybrid builds on the dummy, it does translate 1:1 on the bosses. IMO - Assault has the greatest carry-over from operations dummy testing to real boss fights mainly because the dummy doesn't allow for the under 30% damage increase that assault will give, and doesn't take into account that an assault VG can stay on the move the entire time, without stopping. You can literally kite circles around the boss within 10m without missing a shot, thus avoiding all sorts of nasty floor candy.

If your healers are up for the task, or if you want to memorize how the exact fight goes, then it probably isn't a big deal to sit in floor candy, or time your channels when you know you don't have to move, but having the freedom to make changes on the fly is what brings assault to the top, in my opinion. Then again, I can see where 2/22/22 works great for 8M TC for add duty. Plenty of AoE power... I found myself using the 2/22/22 on that fight specifically.

Dummy testing is fun and all, but it easy to get caught up in 3K ops = 3K bosses damage. I know most here know it doesn't work like that, but it seems to be a prevailing thought. Some specs have a lot of carry-over, some not so much. What matters most is what can you do in a raid environment? And that is when you actually notice, that the game is pretty decently balanced for DPS. Perhaps a few outliers....

Huh interesting.. So you think as PT Hybrid build, dummy DPS is going to be that hard to carry over to raids? It would be nice to see your logs in raids ^_^