I Have to Subsicription??

asarburak

hello guys. i bought Swtor standart edition with 30 day play-time but i wondering about am i have to subsicription minumum 1 mounth for play Swtor??? My friends say "yes" to me =)) but Why? i got 30 day playing time. Why i have to pay another payment without my play-time is not end? Thank you and Sorry for my english =))

hello guys. i bought Swtor standart edition with 30 day play-time but i wondering about am i have to subsicription minumum 1 mounth for play Swtor??? My friends say "yes" to me =)) but Why? i got 30 day playing time. Why i have to pay another payment without my play-time is not end? Thank you and Sorry for my english =))

The subscription is for the next month not for the free one and this BW/EA will not use the subscription until your free month is over. This is just so u have the subscription set up before hand.

Yes, it appears to be a requirement at this point in time that you have to have a valid subscription to play. I'm not sure how Bioware/EA intends to account for people who use game cards, but it seems as though you cannot play the game without having a credit card put in at this point in time.

If your plan is to use game time cards, you might want to try buying one and applying it to your account and see if it still says you have no subscription.

Yes, it appears to be a requirement at this point in time that you have to have a valid subscription to play. I'm not sure how Bioware/EA intends to account for people who use game cards, but it seems as though you cannot play the game without having a credit card put in at this point in time.

If your plan is to use game time cards, you might want to try buying one and applying it to your account and see if it still says you have no subscription.

Gamecards will work. They just need some form of payment going forward.

ok i understand i can register my credit card but why i have to pay until my free 30 day not finish?

That's the point, you don't have to pay. You will not be billed until the 30 days are finished. Yes, you have to have the card on file, no, you will not pay anything.

That's the point, you don't have to pay. You will not be billed until the 30 days are finished. Yes, you have to have the card on file, no, you will not pay anything.

so after free 30 day play-time finish if i dont want to play swtor anymore can i cancel it? damn this system wierd

so after free 30 day play-time finish if i dont want to play swtor anymore can i cancel it? damn this system wierd

No, it's a normal industry standard that extends far beyond video games, welcome to the real world.

Edited by mamasee

Interestingly, I'm using my free play time without a subscription or any payment method for the next month. Meaning all of you are making assumptions with nothing to back it up.

Care to explain how? If you mean you haven't input payment info, there is no requirement to have it input until tomorrow. Today you can play without it. After tomorrow morning's maintenance, you will have to have a payment method on-file.

Interestingly, I'm using my free play time without a subscription or any payment method for the next month. Meaning all of you are making assumptions with nothing to back it up.

Oh, you know, except for all those pesky "facts"

http://www.swtor.com/blog/giving-grace-period-star-wars-old-republic

You may be wondering if your 30 days of game time will be affected by the grace period. The answer is no. If you redeem your product registration code during the grace period, and add a valid payment method to your account, you will begin your billing cycle from then, and you will be entitled to 30 days of game time.

Emphasis mine.