Snipers request

Ravenschild

Snipers cant access most of their decent attacks unless in cover and can easily be pushed out of cover. Is there a possibility we can get a range increase to assist with this? Because an additional 5m is silly for a sniping rifle. If a guy using a lightsaber (which is sword length even if its a double bladed...meaning its 48 inches or so from the top of the hand) can attack from 13 feet away (4m) snipers should get at least 40m range (excluding BM and WH bonuses) to adjust. Especially with the fact that the light armor (assassins and shadows) already soaks more damage than medium armor (which is also incredibly silly) at lower levels. Edited by Ravenschild
typo

Snipers cant access most of their decent attacks unless in cover and can easily be pushed out of cover. Is there a possibility we can get a range increase to assist with this? Because an additional 5m is silly for a sniping rifle. If a guy using a lightsaber (which is sword length even if its a double bladed...meaning its 48 inches or so overall) can attack from 13 feet away (4m) snipers should get at least 40m range (excluding BM and WH bonuses) to adjust. Especially with the fact that the light armor (assassins and shadows) already soaks more damage than medium armor (which is also incredibly silly) at lower levels.

It is a problem for all ranged classes not just snipers. Just because you escape the animation of the attack doesn't mean you escape the attack. Nothing can be done to fix this sadly so you are just gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. Suck it up or reroll fella.

Also 40 meter range.....? I LOL'd.

Just add an extra +5 meters talent on tech abilities.

If you want an extra mmph, ambush could be made so it does not interrupt when target gets past 35 meters, but can only initiated <35 meters.

Anyway, entrench is your friend.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Snipers cant access most of their decent attacks unless in cover and can easily be pushed out of cover. Is there a possibility we can get a range increase to assist with this? Because an additional 5m is silly for a sniping rifle. If a guy using a lightsaber (which is sword length even if its a double bladed...meaning its 48 inches or so from the top of the hand) can attack from 13 feet away (4m) snipers should get at least 40m range (excluding BM and WH bonuses) to adjust. Especially with the fact that the light armor (assassins and shadows) already soaks more damage than medium armor (which is also incredibly silly) at lower levels.

why just 40? I would go for all 100m. Seems like enemy rangies atm can attack you back too easily ;)

At 40m its an additional 5m increase. That puts it a 1/3 rather than 1/6 additional over a regular ranged weapon. Surprised that made people smile and laugh. I mean its not like the request is the ability to soak more damage with less armor,go stealth, have 3 times the range its supposed to have physically and be able to be immune to cc's while moving *amused* Edited by Ravenschild

Sniper is fine.

use entrench, cover pulse, leg shot and heavy shot if you have it.

i agree, sniper dmg is very bursty and someone needs to get real close to get u out of cover..

until then u cant be charged grappled or interrupted....

as a sorc id kill to have the burst potential snipers have

At 40m its an additional 5m increase. That puts it a 1/3 rather than 1/6 additional over a regular ranged weapon. Surprised that made people smile and laugh. I mean its not like the request is the ability to soak more damage with less armor,go stealth, have 3 times the range its supposed to have physically and be able to be immune to cc's while moving *amused*

You are playing a MMORPG where the mechanic is made to prevent some lag issues, thats why a melee can have a 4m range with a 48 inches weapon.

Go play an Assassin in Aion and see how many times you get the ''You are too far away from your target'' message (assassins in Aion have a 1-2 meter range) You'll see how annoying it is even when you are ON the target you can get this message because of the possible lags.

Also, if you want a game with realistic sniper mechanic, go play Sniper Ghost Warrior or Sniper Elite. Those games have awesome sniper mechanic.

I can make my own wish list as an assassin. I want the ability to one shot people when I come out of stealth because I'm an assassin and I should be able to hit a vital spot and one shot every one yo.

Also, since I'm a Sith I want a passive ability that makes me parry and deflect all laser coming from a gun in front of me. Siths and Jedis can parry A LOT of laser coming so I should be invincible when I 1v1 a sniper. BH should be able to kill me because they use grenades and missiles so the explosion could hurt me.

On a serious note, MMORPGs are not made to be realistic. I understand your point but thats not logic MMORPG wise.

Not to mention that sniper is the most balanced class in the game imo.

• 2 weeks later...
You are playing a MMORPG where the mechanic is made to prevent some lag issues, thats why a melee can have a 4m range with a 48 inches weapon.

Go play an Assassin in Aion and see how many times you get the ''You are too far away from your target'' message (assassins in Aion have a 1-2 meter range) You'll see how annoying it is even when you are ON the target you can get this message because of the possible lags.

Also, if you want a game with realistic sniper mechanic, go play Sniper Ghost Warrior or Sniper Elite. Those games have awesome sniper mechanic.

I can make my own wish list as an assassin. I want the ability to one shot people when I come out of stealth because I'm an assassin and I should be able to hit a vital spot and one shot every one yo.

Also, since I'm a Sith I want a passive ability that makes me parry and deflect all laser coming from a gun in front of me. Siths and Jedis can parry A LOT of laser coming so I should be invincible when I 1v1 a sniper. BH should be able to kill me because they use grenades and missiles so the explosion could hurt me.

On a serious note, MMORPGs are not made to be realistic. I understand your point but thats not logic MMORPG wise.

Not to mention that sniper is the most balanced class in the game imo.

Really? First a real game mechanic in the SWU would be at least a kilometer for a sniper, Im only asking for an additional 5 meters. Second have you played the new WZ? No hides in range of either cap nor if we run can we make the mid once the alarm goes off. Third yes they can deflect what they can see as long as it is an energy weapon. Look it up. Many of the sniping rifles werent. Nor was the bowcaster...you might stop the energy surrounding the bolt but thats it. As to being the most balanced class,sure if you think so. But what does that say about the ability to get that burst of speed,force leap up to end zones etc and have both of the force dps classes be able to stealth (at least temporarily) on top of the armor bonus in the tree for shadows and assassins? Im not certain about marauders and sentinels yet as I have not played them. Did I forget to mention the multiple stuns? If snipers are the most balanced class then I would agree that the force users are the most unbalanced,just not in the way you meant. Not to mention if I wanted real game mechanics for an SWU game only 3% of the population would be force users. So please lets not bring up real SWU mechanics...because that isnt what I was talking about.

Edited by Ravenschild

Snipers cant access most of their decent attacks unless in cover and can easily be pushed out of cover..

Entrench..............troll thread or op did not reach lvl 20 to pick it up

/thread

No on the range increase and yes on increasing all leaps to 35m.
ok but only if they nerf operatives 1st! Edited by iDraxter