Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

AngelofCain

The reason why I mention Oshmeow is that since him, I haven't had a big issue with mara's. THey may have more cd's and they may hit like a truck, but making them spin and rotate and keep trying to face you hurts them more than us. then you add in the 2 sec movement impairment and it messes with their flow of combat. All I am stating is yes sever tendon is awesome, My probe absorbs 3k or more, and evasion let's me pretty much kick the **** out of most mara's and within that entire 5.5 sec stun on top of 4 secs of evasion 2 sec sever tendon and probe, you really need to just be standing in front of them to get creamed,( and if you get creamed) you aren't using your positional awareness and cd's to your greatest benefit.

BTW!!!! this is assuming everyone both has all their cd's up. Undying rage is like what 4 secs, now cc their dumb *** cause they just took even more health away from themselves, to just be cc'ed and watch it expire.

p.s. 5.5 sec stun = knockdown and debillitate in total.

I'm using a bit of a different tactic on my fresh 50. Since I'm rocking like 1k exp and very low stats, using Sever Tendon and going to about 10m where you are outside the normal hitbox of a mara or similar can help out when you are squishy. A full EWH operative would obviously use different tactics and can take a lot more punishment, but using your abilities in a different way when you don't have the gear to back you up helps out a lot.

Just something to note, since everyone who reads the guide may not yet be at optimized gear levels.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a bit of a different tactic on my fresh 50. Since I'm rocking like 1k exp and very low stats, using Sever Tendon and going to about 10m where you are outside the normal hitbox of a mara or similar can help out when you are squishy. A full EWH operative would obviously use different tactics and can take a lot more punishment, but using your abilities in a different way when you don't have the gear to back you up helps out a lot.

Just something to note, since everyone who reads the guide may not yet be at optimized gear levels.

thanks, duly noted. I keep forgetting the basic gear difference. SO while these maybe more advanced tactics, the basics are still the same. hopefully I can figure out some recording software and make some video's Courtesy of the powered by naps crew.

The power of respec is your friend. Don't be afraid to go heal or run a spec with Sedatives if you are solo guarding.

Sedatives is still broken, at least according to the test I did 2 months ago, and I haven't seen any patch notes on it since.

Sedatives is still broken, at least according to the test I did 2 months ago, and I haven't seen any patch notes on it since.

When I ran a few duels w/ my brother (Smash spec) I cut his smash in half with sedatives up.

Duels ran: About 3 weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive recently dusted off my Op and brought her out again due to this thread. I quit playing in Feb last year after years of waiting only for my favourite class to be nerfed into the dust, after putting so much time and effort into my Op, every datacron, every mission, every bonus series, all those goddam dailies, I couldnt bear to do it all again on a class I didnt even want to play because the devs srewed our class..

Ive finally got to full WH with the EWH main wep and that took some serious bending over and taking it like a man., Im hoping that the class does finally get fixed with our DPS reinstated in the upcoming expansion, so sick receiving 6k crits when im dealing out 2.5k-3k if Im lucky.

Im gonna hang in there and take your recommendations on the mods and enhancements, Im just really hoping this thread bears truth and the actual physical pain in WZs will stop. Absolutely disgusting that we have to farm so many comms and so many WH pieces just to compete.

One question apologies if asked, Advanced Skill Augment 22 or Overkill Augment 22 on each piece of gear and why, how do the numbers crunch out?

Cheers

Edited by DrastusKrohm

Ive recently dusted off my Op and brought her out again due to this thread. I quit playing in Feb last year after years of waiting only for my favourite class to be nerfed into the dust, after putting so much time and effort into my Op, every datacron, every mission, every bonus series, all those goddam dailies, I couldnt bear to do it all again on a class I didnt even want to play because the devs srewed our class..

Ive finally got to full WH with the EWH main wep and that took some serious bending over and taking it like a man., Im hoping that the class does finally get fixed with our DPS reinstated in the upcoming expansion, so sick receiving 6k crits when im dealing out 2.5k-3k if Im lucky.

Im gonna hang in there and take your recommendations on the mods and enhancements, Im just really hoping this thread bears truth and the actual physical pain in WZs will stop. Absolutely disgusting that we have to farm so many comms and so many WH pieces just to compete.

One question apologies if asked, Advanced Skill Augment 22 or Overkill Augment 22 on each piece of gear and why, how do the numbers crunch out?

Cheers

What is your tech damage at if you're only getting 2.5-3k crits and being dealt 6k in return? You did state you're in "full WH with EWH MH" so I' d assume you're over 900 tech dmg, which should be hitting way higher than 3k. My alt scrapper/op are both only in just standard WH gear, not min/maxed and don't have all buffs, and they're at 932-ish tech and can crit up to 6k with luck.

Once you're min/maxed and have your tech dmg over 970 or so, you'll be hitting for 5.5-5.8k a game. 6k happens a lot more often at the 980+ mark and if you're good at playing an Op, you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

I predominately use Advanced Skill Augment 22's over the Overkill as Cunning increases your secondary stats, even if it's just a little. Hallow prefers the Overkills for more power, as I recall. In the end, either will get you to the same tech numbers that you're aiming for.

I think Hallow was even kind enough to post his armory link from Mr Robot, so have a look there.

Yeah, I just looked at the first page again and Hallow does have a link to Mr Robot for his gear. Check that out.

And Hallow, you are a beast man. 7.3k hit is very nice. My highest is just over 6.3k, so I can't contend. Might be able to compete with you for overall DPS in a warzone though, my highest is just over 792 (which is good for a scrapper, can't compete with 1500 of other classes, lol).

See if i can find the pic.

Just got off the pts. not much in the way of changes. Scamper is wicked nice, and spammable. eats energy if you spam it way to much. Gearing will be a P.I.T.A.

super disappointed in the gear bonus changes. For pve they made it 15% crit on shiv.... what kind of crap is this.

unless you gimp the crap out of yourself to keep the 15 percent crit on back stab.

While shiv is nice. I never had a issue with it critting before. Why do I need more crit on shiv?... when backstab is our second hardest hitter.

I know no dev's will probably read this but I ask you to reconsider the shiv crit. Please keep the crit to backstab or give it to hidden strike.

I ran around and pve'd to get a sense of the abilites, since you have to rebuy all the warzone crap. plus I can grind coms while leveling in the xpac. Just testing the tree's as it were,(for concealment anyways). Using more a alacrity build, since it regens energy more. Just from talents alone we can get 8 percent more alacrity, energy management shouldn't be an issue. I wish they would remove the healing debuff or non debuff from ghost, as with scamper I am considering dropping it.

while it is nice to increase acid blade dmg by a total of 39 percent, that does kind of gimp self healing. and stim boost gives health but it's only up for 45 secs with a 2 minute cd, almost not worth taking the revitalizers in the tree.

I'll update more when it goes live.

Edited by AngelofCain

Damage output seem the same? Things looking up for us? Or are we pretty much staying the same.

LOL!!! as to this... well in my current gear at lvl 55, my tech dmg went from 992 to 1090. with proper gearing it could be 1100 easy. Think they nerfed crit a bit much though. could just be the gear difference and DR with crit and what not.

Even still running around pve'ing to see about dmg, in BH anyways, 6k HS and 5k BS, easy. Like I said I don't understand the crit to shiv crap.

so current gear at lvl 55, about 1000 extra dmg per hit. So should be interesting.

this is the build I was running around with:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/operative/230/

Edited by AngelofCain

LOL!!! as to this... well in my current gear at lvl 55, my tech dmg went from 992 to 1090. with proper gearing it could be 1100 easy. Think they nerfed crit a bit much though. could just be the gear difference and DR with crit and what not.

Even still running around pve'ing to see about dmg, in BH anyways, 6k HS and 5k BS, easy. Like I said I don't understand the crit to shiv crap.

So things are looking up. Good stuff.

So things are looking up. Good stuff.

yes and unknown. TIl everything goes live and the gear matchs the lvls, it will be hard to say if lethality would be better or concealment. While dmg currently is nice, it's no where near the 63k crits I saw in some videos of smash mara's

yes and unknown. TIl everything goes live and the gear matchs the lvls, it will be hard to say if lethality would be better or concealment. While dmg currently is nice, it's no where near the 63k crits I saw in some videos of smash mara's

But you know the drill Hallow, if you want to be the best on this class, you have to outplay everyone. Thats the beauty of it. I don't want to be overpowered to where everyone plays Operative. I want to just to be given tools to stand out from the rest. I like the challenge, and I know you do too.

**** those smashers

But you know the drill Hallow, if you want to be the best on this class, you have to outplay everyone. Thats the beauty of it. I don't want to be overpowered to where everyone plays Operative. I want to just to be given tools to stand out from the rest. I like the challenge, and I know you do too.

**** those smashers

well said. Personally I am looking forward to the changes, once they fix the bugs of course. OH no they leap at me, roll away!!!!! I am Sonic the hedge hog now!!!

the real kicker is how everything meshes with the skills of the other classes. Like how quickly/much can smash monkeys cast that reflect shield? That shield appears to be designed specifically to fight snipers/op dmg.

Can you use the roll while stunned? It appears the sin can use the phase teleport while stunned, and the PT can use the shoulder skill while stunned as well. not sure about the other classes atm..

the real kicker is how everything meshes with the skills of the other classes. Like how quickly/much can smash monkeys cast that reflect shield? That shield appears to be designed specifically to fight snipers/op dmg.

Can you use the roll while stunned? It appears the sin can use the phase teleport while stunned, and the PT can use the shoulder skill while stunned as well. not sure about the other classes atm..

don't know haven't tried it. With bolster system cracked to hell atm I haven't pvped on the PTS.

On the phase walk note... even if they can use it... ( i don't know if it has a cd after use) they are then 60 m away, and have just now blown their cd,( if there is one) that means we are probably out of combat and able to roll our merry way.

Saber reflect: apperantly BW isn't quite done with that ability cause it actually will cause people to miss and not reflect dmg. if they saber reflect, sever tendon and roll away til it goes away.

I just had a thought. Now follow me with this, btw I know most people think I can be insane with my thoughts but try to follow.

Imperial brew now inceases accuracy by 3%. if you have maxed companion affection, thats 4%

Tech is a auto 100% accuracy and anything more than 100 percent is then calculated I believe as so sort of armor pen right...? or the ability to by pass defenses. I don't remember exactly, but anyone who knows, comment. I want your thoughts.

So... the thought is this... with this talent, our accuracy goes up passively, giving us more bypass on defenses for dmg... I think... oh, damn. People are gonna be pissed, specially tanks.

I just giggled a bit inside.

Edited by AngelofCain

See I thought that too, but wouldnt we of wanted accuracy before as well if that was the case?

not to stack. concealment already has 100% accuracy. we didn't need more. So this talent points just made me giggle cause they gave us a way for no one to resist our attacks anymore..

not to stack. concealment already has 100% accuracy. we didn't need more. So this talent points just made me giggle cause they gave us a way for no one to resist our attacks anymore..

I suppose because tech wasn't mitigated by tank damage anyway. I see I see.