Armstech - Second class citizen again.

Digtahk

Firstly they get shafted by giving them the worst of the augment schematics and now this has been compounded by making them totally uncompetitive in the Augment kit market because the components which are gathered via re-engineering don't drop from Re-engineering of gun barrels.

Armormech and Sythweave are both able to gather components via REing bracers and belts which cost 2 zal alloy and 2 Durasteel yet the only product we can manufacture for this cost doesn't give a component when RE. This means the main component in the construction of the Augment Kits costs Armstech crafters twice as much to manufacture...

Honestly how you can be so unfathomably short-sighted is mind boggling.

This issue was reported before 1.3 went live, and was ignored, it's not on "known issues" atm... Add to that the inability to craft anything of end game gear (no 22+ barrels, no tionesse+ guns). Only one good explanation i can see - they plan to revamp crafting considerably at some point, if not - armstech is even more dead than it was before. My hopes goes with schematics on some DB, where we can see lots of crafting options for this crew skill. Sadly none of them are in game.

It would be great to see some tiny comment on Armstech from devs, i'm waiting for it since game was released, and i'll be keeping this crew skill no matter what :confused:

I don't give 2 hoots about crafting or making money from it, I am more concerned about what this says about the complete ineptitude of the design team. If you give 3 professions the ability to manufacture a much needed item so that there is adequate supply, and then you don't even balance their relative costs such that its completely uneconomical for 1 of those three professions to bother crafting these why give it to three in the first place....

Honestly if you can't balance crew skills what hope do we have for more important parts of the game, its just an embarrassing lack of foresight.

I don't give 2 hoots about crafting or making money from it, I am more concerned about what this says about the complete ineptitude of the design team. If you give 3 professions the ability to manufacture a much needed item so that there is adequate supply, and then you don't even balance their relative costs such that its completely uneconomical for 1 of those three professions to bother crafting these why give it to three in the first place....

Honestly if you can't balance crew skills what hope do we have for more important parts of the game, its just an embarrassing lack of foresight.

It is balanced.

Armortechs and synthweavers have been utterly useless until very recently. Armstech could always make barrels and can continue to do so. Armstech can also make all the non-main stat based augments that are worth anything.

So stop whining already.

*shrug*

Most expensive/in demand augments on my server seem to be armstech ones, so not sure where you're going with "worst of the augment schematics". Overkill gives more damage per point than primary stat, from most analysis I've seen

Personally, i think Arsmtech is fine. I admit i was a bit peev'd before i could make modables without doing flashpoints, but that was more being lazy, the whole mess of orange modables helped me make a pair of blasteres more tailored to my needs than Rakata gear. i'd say that's pretyt handy. mix that with augments on everything now, and you can tailor any armour to your needs (i've seen the Armormech and Synthweaving equivalents in my guild bank) AND be a match for the Rakata, minus the special bonuses the complete kits affords. Arms tech is great for the ranged guys, especially DPS.

as for artifice, i love you guys. +31 crit crystals in the aforementioned pistols. love it. Your enhancements, love em.

i see on major issue here.