Sith Inquisitor Ending (spoilers)

SithInitiate

so i just finished the SI story for the first time. yeah, i know its a little late.. but this is my 3rd character at 50 and i have another on its way to 47.

anyway, i enjoyed the SI storyline quite a bit, with the exception of the ending - i.e:

you become a dark council member.

why is this bad?

its insignificant in the world of the MMO. its already been said that class story content will most likely not be addressed in the future.. so the odds of SIs actually getting a quest line regarding them being a part of the dark council in the future is pretty small.. yes, its POSSIBLE they may come back to it.. but for now, its not happening. also, i get that NPCs might mention you being a member in a couple of one liners here and there.. but in the end, you being a dark council member has ZERO affect on the outcome of the quest you are on or the story. you mind as well be be an employee of Czerka Corp, an imperial agent, or a bounty hunter.. plot wise it doesnt matter.

also, just take a look at the amount of max level SIs on your server.. thats A LOT of dark council members lol. kinda diminishes the importance of the role doesnt it?

now, yes, i understand.. this is a game and an MMO. but if they continued the class story.. they could have easily thrown in a quest line or two that was related to the dark council and was tailored to the choices you have made throughout your adventures.. to me, this kind of thing is how bioware could have set themselves apart from the competition. also, when swtor was being developed, this is the feature i was most excited about. im just afraid we will never get to see that part of the game again.. which is sad because, IMO, its the best part of the game.

so i just finished the SI story for the first time. yeah, i know its a little late.. but this is my 3rd character at 50 and i have another on its way to 47.

anyway, i enjoyed the SI storyline quite a bit, with the exception of the ending - i.e:

you become a dark council member.

why is this bad?

its insignificant in the world of the MMO. its already been said that class story content will most likely not be addressed in the future.. so the odds of SIs actually getting a quest line regarding them being a part of the dark council in the future is pretty small.. yes, its POSSIBLE they may come back to it.. but for now, its not happening. also, i get that NPCs might mention you being a member in a couple of one liners here and there.. but in the end, you being a dark council member has ZERO affect on the outcome of the quest you are on or the story. you mind as well be be an employee of Czerka Corp, an imperial agent, or a bounty hunter.. plot wise it doesnt matter.

also, just take a look at the amount of max level SIs on your server.. thats A LOT of dark council members lol. kinda diminishes the importance of the role doesnt it?

now, yes, i understand.. this is a game and an MMO. but if they continued the class story.. they could have easily thrown in a quest line or two that was related to the dark council and was tailored to the choices you have made throughout your adventures.. to me, this kind of thing is how bioware could have set themselves apart from the competition. also, when swtor was being developed, this is the feature i was most excited about. im just afraid we will never get to see that part of the game again.. which is sad because, IMO, its the best part of the game.

Regarding the amount of SI on your server, well it doesn't really matter much on pve or pvp servers but on RP servers many do not RP as a member of the dark council but as some other important role, i mean at the end of it all the story is how it is and weather u choose to follow it is up to you.

As for your importance is does come up a hell of a lot on makeb but in relation ot it i dont know.

Regarding the amount of SI on your server, well it doesn't really matter much on pve or pvp servers but on RP servers many do not RP as a member of the dark council but as some other important role, i mean at the end of it all the story is how it is and weather u choose to follow it is up to you.

As for your importance is does come up a hell of a lot on makeb but in relation ot it i dont know.

^This.

Though truth be told, from what I've seen on the RP servers, if you were to accept every player on the server as part of your RP world, you'd still be going ***.

TOR is not setup to be a RPG among the masses. The setting doesn't work for it, and works even less for it if you accept the storyline (the reason many came to game) as part of your characters canon.

If you want to accept the storyline as part of your characters canon, you're best left with just RPing with three others (basically one of each class).

It's not just SI, but I understand what you are saying. No matter what sclass you play there is a point where "there is only ever one blah-blah named every 400 years and this time it is you ... and 3.5 million others."

But for you there is only one story. Your story. Were all those other Inquisators in you story when Darth Xxxxx fell? (trying to avoid spoilers there) No? Well then you are Nox and all those other sith are just posers :) They have their own problems, struggel to rise above their own Masters and fulfill their own destinies. Don't worry about them. Your story is the only one that is canon.

This is knid of the Bioware philosophy in most of their games anyway. The only thing that is canon is your canon.

It's not just SI, but I understand what you are saying. No matter what sclass you play there is a point where "there is only ever one blah-blah named every 400 years and this time it is you ... and 3.5 million others."

But for you there is only one story. Your story. Were all those other Inquisators in you story when Darth Xxxxx fell? (trying to avoid spoilers there) No? Well then you are Nox and all those other sith are just posers :) They have their own problems, struggel to rise above their own Masters and fulfill their own destinies. Don't worry about them. Your story is the only one that is canon.

This is knid of the Bioware philosophy in most of their games anyway. The only thing that is canon is your canon.

This. Not to mention that a mmo just doesn't cater to what the OP is looking for, the only way it could work was if SWTOR was designed the same as the original two KotOR games. TOR in many ways is like a hybrid of a single player game and an mmo and unfortunately there are many aspects affected by or restricted by the fact that it is an mmo and not a single player game.

Only thing I'd suggest for the OP if you are a role-player is to pretend all those others aren't around and focus on your own character and the circle of people you role-play with.

i get what you guys are saying.. but im not talking about "role playing". im talking about continuing a story arc, (a pretty important one i might add) that bioware themselves created. i get that they cant design each and every quest in the game around each individual SI. but what they CAN do is continue to develop the class storylines, and design those particular quest arcs around your specific character and the choices you have made during your adventures. the tech is there. in fact, they did that just fine with the 1-50 content.. why cant they continue that with future expansions. isnt that what they originally advertised?

also, isnt this the story and lore section of the forum? and arent we talking about a bioware game that was supposed to epitomize everything bioware was supposed to be about.. good character development and storytelling? i think they accomplished that with the level 1-50 content and the SI storyline in particular.. i just find it funny that people arent upset that this isnt going to be continued going forward. yes, i understand that they can make an expansion with a good overall story arc.. all i am asking is that they carry over the class stories as well.