Crest of the Dread Masters ~ Star Forge

Hello everyone! Ive been playing the game since release and there are some things i still have never done. One being getting the Crest of the Dread Masters. I was hoping i could get a team together to do this on Star Forge. My character name is Akame.

Before you continue reading you WILL NEED to already have a Dread Gaurds corrupted mask dropped from Dreadtooth.

From what I understand Dreadtooth drops a amulet we’ll need to summon the Dreadful Entity, but i dont have the ability to get him on 10 stacks (need someone with the ability to do this). I also read Nightmare Dreadtooth requires 20-24 players to defeat (correct if im wrong) if this is the case we will break off into two groups. After we have the amulet we have to run TFB HM and summon the hidden boss, Dreadul Entity, which will in turn drop an orb required to summon the Hateful Entity in SnV HM.

Requirements:

You MUST have a Dread Gaurds Corrupted Mask (or Crest for those who may want to help)

HM geared - this means at least rank 246 average gear

We will need 4 Tanks 4 Healers and 7 DPS

If dreadtooth requires 24m we need 8 Tanks 8 Healers and 15 DPS - we will break off into teo teams for the other bosses.

If you are interested please comment your character name and role.

I remember needing nightmare crystals in the past for this, if they are no longer a thing and this can just be run please let me know.

Edited by DMulisk

Hey,

I don't want to break your optimism, but Hateful Entity is currently one of the hardest DPS-checks ingame combined with one of the most unforgiving boss mechanics. Nothing compared to the other bosses (Dreadtooth, Dreadful Entity) you have to kill before in this bonus series. It's not for fun part of Scum and Villainy Master Mode (actually, it is, but that's some other sort of fun). You definitely need a group of 16 MM-capable players.

You probably can think about crystals of NiM-fury. That eliminates 90% of the mechanic, the healcheck and most of the dps-check. Without crystals, it is what it is: A 16man Nightmare-bonus-boss.

Regarding Dreadtouth and Dreadful: You just need 2 tanks to deal with the tank swap mechanic. For Hateful, you just need 1 tank.

However, when you start forming a group and raiding, you have my best wishes for luck. These are definitely enjoyable boss encounters.

Greetings

Exocor

Hey,

I don't want to break your optimism, but Hateful Entity is currently one of the hardest DPS-checks ingame combined with one of the most unforgiving boss mechanics. Nothing compared to the other bosses (Dreadtooth, Dreadful Entity) you have to kill before in this bonus series. It's not for fun part of Scum and Villainy Master Mode (actually, it is, but that's some other sort of fun). You definitely need a group of 16 MM-capable players.

You probably can think about crystals of NiM-fury. That eliminates 90% of the mechanic, the healcheck and most of the dps-check. Without crystals, it is what it is: A 16man Nightmare-bonus-boss.

Regarding Dreadtouth and Dreadful: You just need 2 tanks to deal with the tank swap mechanic. For Hateful, you just need 1 tank.

However, when you start forming a group and raiding, you have my best wishes for luck. These are definitely enjoyable boss encounters.

Greetings

Exocor

Thank you for your response, i do understand this but im willing to take the time and tisk to put my trust in my group i put together. If it doesnt work out then oh well, what matters to me is i tried. :)

You do realize the hateful entity has almost exclusively been killed with 1 tank? You won't ever make the DPS check with 4 tanks, and they simply aren't needed.

Also a few corrections. Dreadtooth 10 stack can be easily defeated with a traditional 16m team 2 tanks 4 heals 10 DPS. You have to kill TFB HM to summon dreadful, and you have to kill SNV NIM to summon Hateful, not HM. Also I don't know why you think more people in group = more tanks. The only thing I would suggest ever running more then 2 tanks for would be Ancient Threat where I prefer to have 3 tanks in the group. I suppose 3 tanks helps on NIM Pilgrim too, other then that there's nothing I can think of that requires 3 tanks.

Edited by GhOsTPrOz

You do realize the hateful entity has almost exclusively been killed with 1 tank? You won't ever make the DPS check with 4 tanks, and they simply aren't needed.

Also a few corrections. Dreadtooth 10 stack can be easily defeated with a traditional 16m team 2 tanks 4 heals 10 DPS. You have to kill TFB HM to summon dreadful, and you have to kill SNV NIM to summon Hateful, not HM. Also I don't know why you think more people in group = more tanks. The only thing I would suggest ever running more then 2 tanks for would be Ancient Threat where I prefer to have 3 tanks in the group. I suppose 3 tanks helps on NIM Pilgrim too, other then that there's nothing I can think of that requires 3 tanks.

Kephess 16m can't be cleared without a third tank. The debuff, that Kephess applies, lasts longer as in 8m, so you can't do the tank swap with just two tanks.

There are also some other fights, where a third tank is helpful. Dread Council NiM to have more taunts on Tyrans, to avoid Thundering Blasts in a camp of 8 or more rDPS/Healers; Brontes NiM to have a Tank tanking Brontes in burn phase; Dresh 16m (3 groups of snipers in 50%-phase); Blaster 16m HM to have more knockback-avoiders for P1 and P2 and more tanks, that can take stacks and cycle dcd's in P3; Zorn&Toth 16m NiM to have two tanks at Zorn, cycling dcd's; Tyth 8m HM to have the guardians collected faster.

Sure, in my examples, there is no clear need of a 3rd tank to execute the mechanics, however, a third tank is definitely helpful to make it easier for the DPS, the Healers and the other two tanks.

Edited by Exocor

Hi, I'd be happy to help you out (and maybe loot myself a spare Crest in the meantime!). Do you plan on raiding Impside or Pubside? I have a Sorcerer for DPS/Heal (average 246 for both specs, with full set bonus and mask). If it's Pubside I can tank Dreadtooth at 10 stacks on my Shadow (or however many stacks you want, but I've done 10 stacks before), but it's not geared for NiM raiding.

Hi, I'd be happy to help you out (and maybe loot myself a spare Crest in the meantime!). Do you plan on raiding Impside or Pubside? I have a Sorcerer for DPS/Heal (average 246 for both specs, with full set bonus and mask). If it's Pubside I can tank Dreadtooth at 10 stacks on my Shadow (or however many stacks you want, but I've done 10 stacks before), but it's not geared for NiM raiding.

Thank you for the willingness to help out, but i think im gonna call it off, seeing as how hateful is the strongest boss in the game rn and not many people are NiM ready on Star Forge. Thank you though :)

Another correction for the others in the thread. You do not need to clear either Op. But in SNV, you will probably want a styrak lockout whereas you only need to clear the first boss in TFB.

Why would you want a styrack lockout? At most you'd want Thrasher.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the willingness to help out, but i think im gonna call it off, seeing as how hateful is the strongest boss in the game rn and not many people are NiM ready on Star Forge. Thank you though :)

There are actually a decent amount of NiM raiders on Star Forge (maybe not compared to SS), even enough to possibly down Hateful without crystals. You certainly won't find good players trying to recruit on the forums though...

This was all a bit silly to begin with. No offense OP but it doesnt sound like you are very familiar with raiding in general. No need to correct what others have, but I will say that it's not something you can just run in and do and then expect to clear it. NiM raiding is hell, always has been, always will be. You most definetely wont clear it or really much with randoms from the forums. Starforge has some NiM raiding people you just have to look around, but you probably don't want to start there. If you haven't done HM progresion consistently you really won't be ready for nim.

Never pulled hateful myself, but doubt its that bad. It's a 16 man, very rarely are 16 man ops ever that rough. It is mostly lag and stupid crap that makes them hard. I wouldn't say just give up if you want it that badly, like all raiding it will just be something you have to put a lot of work into to get what you want out of it. But if you just expect to go in a stomp something, don't bother trying.

Satele Shan is a better server for NiM and nim is a lot easier than it has been in the past. We're about 6 gear levels over where the bosses have been tuned to. Many bosses have been nerfed as well, also, so it is most certainly doable. It's fun too. Raiding, especcially on a nim level is hard because if.you mess up once, or fail the number checks, you wipe.

At any rate OP, wish you the best of luck

Edited by zorngodofall

• 1 year later...
Just because you havent doesent mean others cant and everyone its to fricken lazy and are selfish and ask for 100mil if lucky to 350mil to 500mil all the way to 1bil for a fricken raid thats not how it was made to be but you underestimate the knowledge and people make it seem so hard which it is but still its not as bad as you think and its worth it and you make it sound impossible and think that few people can do it which is very false.

Just because you havent doesent mean others cant and everyone its to fricken lazy and are selfish and ask for 100mil if lucky to 350mil to 500mil all the way to 1bil for a fricken raid thats not how it was made to be but you underestimate the knowledge and people make it seem so hard which it is but still its not as bad as you think and its worth it and you make it sound impossible and think that few people can do it which is very false.

If you think that why don't you organize a raid with yourself and 15 other people and kill it then?

It’s because when you wipe to hateful he will port you to random places across the map from anywhere from dash to styraids. It’s just so you don’t die twice

I don't think it does that any more...? I could be wrong. I only ported to areas we had cleared -- up to Thrasher. I ended up in the sarlacc pit a few times though, ha.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Hello everyone! Ive been playing the game since release and there are some things i still have never done. One being getting the Crest of the Dread Masters. I was hoping i could get a team together to do this on Star Forge. My character name is Akame.

Before you continue reading you WILL NEED to already have a Dread Gaurds corrupted mask dropped from Dreadtooth.

From what I understand Dreadtooth drops a amulet we’ll need to summon the Dreadful Entity, but i dont have the ability to get him on 10 stacks (need someone with the ability to do this). I also read Nightmare Dreadtooth requires 20-24 players to defeat (correct if im wrong) if this is the case we will break off into two groups. After we have the amulet we have to run TFB HM and summon the hidden boss, Dreadul Entity, which will in turn drop an orb required to summon the Hateful Entity in SnV HM.

Requirements:

You MUST have a Dread Gaurds Corrupted Mask (or Crest for those who may want to help)

HM geared - this means at least rank 246 average gear

We will need 4 Tanks 4 Healers and 7 DPS

If dreadtooth requires 24m we need 8 Tanks 8 Healers and 15 DPS - we will break off into teo teams for the other bosses.

If you are interested please comment your character name and role.

I remember needing nightmare crystals in the past for this, if they are no longer a thing and this can just be run please let me know.

I know this is nearly 2 years old, but are you still wanting to do this? I've been wanting to do it. I'm a 254 gear Sorc heals if you still are.