Who's your nemesis?

justdrop

Enemy Snipers... but not for the same reason as every else!

Only when I'm on my Gunslinger (Sharpshooter)

I always feel like it's a Sniper Wars shootout! I mean... It's the mirror class, no OP, no unbalanced advantage...all skill. Being a sharpshooter I have my Diversion smoke canister to pop them out of cover but... on that rare occasion, where I toss out that 'Diversion' at the exact time I get hit with a 'Diversion' and were both standing there covered in dat green smoke...

... Marksman Vs Sharpshooter... my ultimate nemesis. Not in a negative way, I love it. :D You'll find me abandoning the objective just to see who is the better shot. :o

LOL I always take note, but it depends on the other player. Often, I have some marauder or jugg on my team that is just dieing to take out a vendetta on the opposing gunslinger/sniper. Once I throw that canister, I might as well covered him in blood and dropped him in a shark tank. I am free to focus on other things.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Powertech/Vanguard who kills me in Huttball by using Grapple/Harpoon. Jerks.

:rak_04:

And what about the hybrid/tank shadows/assassins that yank you into the flames? I think the shadow/assassin pull should be tied to a 'Surprise!' emote.

At least you can see the PT/Vanguard grapple coming...

Edited by truchaos

LOLsmashmonkeys, there is no creativity on their attacks. At leas a scoundrel or shadow makes me swear when I get caught by surprise.

In real honesty I hate that one maneuver that ops / scoundresl have where I have to stand up to fight after being knocked down, but by that time they can stun me yet again! Dang all those stuns.....

You make it sound like you can counter the grapple...

An organized team with awareness can deal with an enemy grappler trying to set up a pull if the character is visible. Otherwise you have to get lucky with a scan to pop the stealther out before s/he sets up.

An organized team with awareness can deal with an enemy grappler trying to set up a pull if the character is visible. Otherwise you have to get lucky with a scan to pop the stealther out before s/he sets up.

The majority of the pulls I see from shadows/sins come from out of stealth. Most of the time being in stealth can hurt you more in terms of keeping in range to perform said pull but what you said is also true.

Situationally, there's less than a second to react. If you can LOS in that span of time, you will be pulled against the wall/column, rather than brought to the grappler.

Yeah.

It is 'slower' and at least I can see him planning it. :D :D :D

Sometimes, if they are slow, you can stun him while in mid air, speed a little and overload into the fire. It felt so good. :o

Edited by Boyana

/Guilty, I can't help doing exactly the same whenever I see another MM/SS :)

Man, I LOVE sniper wars. I can't help it.

Whenever I see another cover screen I'm like a chubby guy at McDonald's with a coupon.

As my marauder, knockbacks are my nemesis :p Also troopers of any sort, for some reason I just can't deal with them.

Most instances across my characters I can handle 1v1, sometimes 1v2 if I'm careful with cd's. But whenever a trooper shows up I find myself in trouble.

Every Powertech/Vanguard who kills me in Huttball by using Grapple/Harpoon. Jerks.

Im glad to hear you dont dislike being pulled into fires by shadows, ill keep it up then. Thank you for your support! :)

Pyro PT here.....the only class that i have trouble with are (pro)assassins.....activate shroud right before detonator explodes, then activate deflection so i miss my railshots like crazy for 12 seconds....and they ask why we spam flame burst?:D then they combat stealth(that even with the dot on them that breaks it) it buys enough time for him to get a shot on me while i don`t have a target to hit

funny how u can see that PT/VG from a mile away that hes near the firetrap and could EXPECT a pull, but the sin/shadow that stay in stealth and u don`t even EXPECT the pull nobody says anything huh?:rolleyes:pull ball carrier in fire, activate shroud, force spd, score Edited by iDraxter

On my sniper, if even a half-decent assassin/shadow wants to kill me, I will die, simply put, their skills and abilities are just designed in a bizarrely thorough way to counter snipers that they can literally make all of my abilities instantly useless.

It's like being drunk and trapped in an apartment with an axe murderer, you can delay him, but you can't avoid the inevitable, you will die. Only way I can seriously survive is as mm and I pop entrench on a hunch that I see a stealther, it's a simply dps race then, even better if i can keep him cced and prevent him from vanishing.

That is my only viable strategy against an assassin hehe, I don't even fear operatives anymore because of them, they're one trick ponies compared to the assassin, who has an endless bag of tricks to pull out of his ***.

Marauders? Pts? The poor buggers won't get within 20 meters of me if I can control the battlefield.:p