Kaggath Heats - Ascending Empire vs Alliance of Worlds

Beniboybling

Im an idiot.

Was posting a Kaggath response whilst listening to music at a London train station, guy walks into me, knocks my phone out of my hand and it smashed....

Still works though :D

Ngl, worth it.

Was it intentional? Because that sounds so very rude.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a battle of attrition, which I think is what this will come down to (honestly I don't see Tune winning a ground fight in the Core), the AE has superior resources at its disposal. the AoW however might be able to fight a successful defensive war while splitting the AE's forces up and picking them off bit by bit (like the Rebels did) till he has sufficiently weakened him to land a death blow.

But if AoW tried the above I imagine there would be a strike team including Plo Koon, Obi-wan, and some Imperial Knights knocking down Leia's front door at some point.

Also, IG-88 is something of a major threat considering he could hack Imperial systems rather easily..

Any ground invasion will fall in my favor, no matter where it takes place.

But your other points are valid. In fact, if I chose, I could remove the AoW's command staff with my Imperial Knights. And IG-88 poses a threat, but not as significant of one as I had first thought.

Good thing I've already devised plans to eliminate any other advantage the AoW may have.

Including the numbers advantage?

I'm unsure about the number of the Rebel Alliance Army, but it is said that they were rather small, at least compared to the Galactic Empire's forces. However, the Imperial Knights only consist of 25 individuals. And according to the Wookieepedia entry for "Battalion" the 212th only has 660 members.

I am almost certain that the Rebel Alliance Army has more than 700 people.

Likewise, it appears that the AoW has the numbers advantage in space as well. The Alliance Defense Fleet actually consists of nine different fleets. In contrast, the Death Squadron and Thrawn's fleet are only two. Death Squadron only has 5 permanent SDs, as does Thrawn's fleet. However, Wookieepedia lists about 40 known capital ships in the Alliance Defense Fleet.

It seems that the AoW outnumbers the AE.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Unintentional, as far as I can tell, but he kept walking until I made him stop and apologise :p

Bloody Londoners, why couldn't I just stay in Paris >.>

OK, good. That would have been so weird if some goober just walked up to you and smacked your phone.

Im an idiot.

Was posting a Kaggath response whilst listening to music at a London train station, guy walks into me, knocks my phone out of my hand and it smashed....

Still works though :D

Ngl, worth it.

IPhones are fragile little things, should'a got a Nokia :D

Glad it still works though.

Including the numbers advantage?

I'm unsure about the number of the Rebel Alliance Army, but it is said that they were rather small, at least compared to the Galactic Empire's forces. However, the Imperial Knights only consist of 25 individuals. And according to the Wookieepedia entry for "Battalion" the 212th only has 660 members.

I am almost certain that the Rebel Alliance Army has more than 700 people.

Likewise, it appears that the AoW has the numbers advantage in space as well. the Alliance Defense Fleet actually consists of nine different fleets. In contrast, the Death Squadron and Thrawn's fleet are only two. Death Squadron only has 5 permanent SDs, as does Thrawn's fleet. However, Wookieepedia lists about 40 known capital ships in the Alliance Defense Fleet.

It seems that the AoW outnumbers the AE.

I was assured that Death Squadron is as it appeared at the Battle of Endor, and I was told that Thrawn's fleet encompassed his entire armada, not just his personal fleet.

I was assured that Death Squadron is as it appeared at the Battle of Endor, and I was told that Thrawn's fleet encompassed his entire armada, not just his personal fleet.

Even so. As I said, it is nine fleets against two.

EDIT: Having nine fleets also makes it much easier to defend. The AoWs could have five fleets guarding all its planets and send the other four to attack. Whereas the AE can only defend a couple of its worlds or risk leaving some unguarded as it moves to attack.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Even so, the GA Fleet still outnumbers you (not by as much but still).

And Viscounts and Mediators and Scythes oh my!

Even so, the GA Fleet still outnumbers you (not by as much but still).

And Viscounts and Mediators and Scythes oh my!

Like I said, I've already dealt with it. I knew what I was getting into when I picked smaller fleets.

I find it humorous that some seem to believe you're unprepared, lol Death Squadron, trollbere at his finest.

Hehe, I reserve the right to give him grief as much as I'd like till he posts his opening argument! :D

Till then we're all just speculating anyway.

Ok, one mistake has been made when assessing my forces...... Assuming I ONLY have brute force at my disposal.

The rebels were more then just masters of attrition warfare they were also master spies and espionage. Leia was a leader who knew how to focus on the big picture while Luke and Wedge are more then capable of focusing on the here and now for strategy.

The spy and espionage part helps even more with access to Command guns from Hapes, able to take over the minds of any one even force sensitives and force them to do anything the wielder asks even kill themselves, making those that were already good at espionage and sabotage even better.

To top this out Brentaal has a large criminal underground and so does Corucaunt, my people have both the money and the known affinity for using such a criminal underground to get intel or do damage from the inside with assassinations or bounty hunters.

Speaking of Bounty hunters as most have already figured IG-88 would be capable of hacking Aurbere's fleet, but this would not be his end goal. Ultimately he would be assigned to find and kill Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Ibilis.

So ultimately while a large scale assault is likely, its not going to be the only thing the AoW is doing, as always their main target is clear and while the battle will serve as a distraction the main thing that needs to be watched out for are the assassins and bounty hunters going for Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Iblis.

For defense against such an assault on Leia she is a capable Force wielder at this time, while not a fullfledged knight she still has Lightsaber training in Jar'Kai, Battle meditation and the ability to ward off and use all kinds of Mind Tricks and Telepathy. She is capable of keeping in contact with her brother during any engagements. Also the Rebels defense strategy was based around a "let the worthless thing go and make sure the important thing stays". If ever in trouble the Rebels would purposely give up useless ground to protect the more important things. This of course would include Leia, likely by the time any one tried to be knocking on her Door she would be long gone especially with the number of force sensitives heading her way both Luke and her would be more then capable of sensing them coming.

The spy and espionage part helps even more with access to Command guns from Hapes, able to take over the minds of any one even force sensitives and force them to do anything the wielder asks even kill themselves, making those that were already good at espionage and sabotage even better.

There's only one Gun of Command.