Marauder Class Representative

EricMusco

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a vote for oofalong. He already helps the Marauder community a ton on MMOMechanics. He has developed ways of testing Relics, rage effeciency, skill tree points, u name it he has a formula/spreadsheet/simulation to check it out. Most of why I am good comes from reading his and others posts (in his thread) on mmo-mechanics and staring at torparse numbers. Aluvi is a great guy and awesome pvper but his passion for pve died long ago. I believe Oofalong would be best for this. Edited by Lafay

I have a novel idea to solve the PvP vs. PvE issues...

Fellow Sentinels and Marauders let's collude. Let's nominate a PvP-focused Sentinel and a PvE-focused Marauder or vice versa. This would allow both player bases to be equally represented.

Edited by oofalong

If you actually read their post explaining this, they say there will be only one representative for marauder/sentinel.

So the plan of getting 2 representatives, 1 for pve and 1 for pvp is just not viable.

I presume your comments was directed at me?

Perhaps you didn't read the follow-up comment by Musco

Mirrored AC Representatives - The way it will work is that once the Reps are chosen, one of the mirrors will act as the Rep the first time and then it will rotate. For example, the Gunslinger Rep will submit the top 3 for July, the Sniper will then be the new Rep and will submit the next round of Top 3 in August or September.

I understand this to mean there will be a Marauder Rep and a Sentinel Rep although only one will be active or have a voice at any given time. Do you have a different interpretation of this?

Assuming my interpretation is correct, then we could be able to have a PvE-focused Sentinel and a PvP-focused Marauder for example...

This is gonna be a joke with all the bads being nominated who can't even gear their dual weilder properly. Bioware might as well do this internally. This is just going to be a popularity contest of familiar faces, not actually of players who know the class. Edited by PoliteAssasin

Frog-dawg hands down

My credibility- I started playing with mvp when Justbodies and I were recruited after transferring over from Black Vulkars. We played the same amount of games and did very well....we contributed Cameronz's rating to the top of the server/game as well as the rest of the teammates. Frog-dawg was one of them as well. Justbaddies ended up getting 3k+ as well. I'm sure they can vouch for me when I say I would have 3k+ rating as well if I didn't have such **** connection and dc literally every other game....imagine cam's rating if I didn't lol.

So that being said, I've seen my share of pvp and played against countless marauders. There are only 4-5 that I truly respect their skill and know I have to play on my top game to win. They all belong from either Mvp or Don't Panic. I've played against Frog-dawg and with. I know one thing for sure, I'd much rather play with him because I know I'll have the advantage. Not only is he good with his cds and puts out pressure, he knows when to fall back. Also he is very responsive to assisting targets, half the time I don't even have to call out. I feel like we're just telepathic and already know who the next target is going to be or when to switch.

So yes, Frog-dawg to represent marauder class, he's my favorite duo to play with in our comp because he knows the classes strength and weaknesses.

I'd have to pass and thank everyone for their nominations. I'm retiring after this progression cycle due to being accepted into medical school this coming September. I'm also primarily a PVE Annihilation guy, so I imagine the community would like an individual or two that know all three specs, in orientation of PVE & PVP.

Oofalong does great work with Annihilation theorocraft, LagunaD does good work with Carnage discussion, and Rage spec just gets no love in general in the PVE scene, lol. Guddarzz would be my recommendation for the PVP scene with all three specs.

My vote and those for me should be deferred to Steadfast, elyvnfrenzy is his handle on the forums. He's my right hand-man when it comes to progression and dps, as well as a master of all three specs for PVE & PVP. If anyone is looking for the same kind of representative as I depicted above, Steadfast is your man.