guildies hitting 50... which flashpoints/ops to start with?

do we start running hard-mode flashpoints first? or normal-mode operations?

and whichever it is, which is the one you would reccomend starting with (example, esseles) and why?

I healed maelstrom prison(HARD) the first night I hit 50. It was easy as heck. Id start there.

You can pretty much do any of the normal mode ops once you hit fifty as long as you have 49 - 50 starting gear this goes with hard modes as well. The two easiest hard modes are Black Talon and False Emperor though.

Also doing the PvP dailies to get the champion bags is a good way to get gear that compares to tionese almost columi stuff as well.

Edited by Keling

okay, and gear requirements?

I'm in mostly oranges with level 49(50) mods, a few purples and a blue belt. Buffed strength (my main stat as sentinel) was 1447 or something. High end of 12k HP.

The rest of our guild party has some ops gear though, as I'm joining the end-game a bit later than they did. Our tank had over 20k HP.

Why waste time on FPs. They are time consuming, repair bills and some are even bugged. In my opinion not worth spending time.

Group up and do daily and weekly pvp. You will get bags and from them you will get tokens and gear. With in 3-4 days you will be running Regular mode EV raid and get even better gear.

I have been there and found pvp to be easier way to get geared.

I have a lot of PvP gear, but I find that the Columi (sp?) gear is better for PvE, just like it should be. For PvP gear to fit in the "expertise" stat it has to give up other bonuses that the PvE gear can have.

The PvP gear is a great upgrade from blue stuff, eve for FPs and Raids, but I prefer PvE, so I want to focus on my PvE sets. Not to mention that the set bonuses for my PvE gear are much better to me than the PvP gear bonuses (I am a Merc-firebug).

I have a lot of PvP gear, but I find that the Columi (sp?) gear is better for PvE, just like it should be. For PvP gear to fit in the "expertise" stat it has to give up other bonuses that the PvE gear can have.

The PvP gear is a great upgrade from blue stuff, eve for FPs and Raids, but I prefer PvE, so I want to focus on my PvE sets. Not to mention that the set bonuses for my PvE gear are much better to me than the PvP gear bonuses (I am a Merc-firebug).

What I meant was that get PVP gear as a starter set to run EV, of course PVE gear is MUCH better for PVE content. Wont argue there bro.