Jedi defense good survival for PVP

JediMasterJav

The issue with three of the four tank stats is that they don't work very well. For instance, defense only works against melee/ranged white damage, which wasn't too much of a problem until Bioware decided that EVERY tank mod would now have defense. Shield and absorb are linked together, and both are kinda worthless because you can't shield critical hits, and the average crit chance these past few expansions has gone from 20% ish to 40-45%, making both shield and absorb a lot less useful.

The only tanky stat left of you really want to be a meat shield is just to stack endurance for more hp, since that works against crits and yellow damage.

Tnx god, I thought this is another QQ thread about defense/immortal being OP 1v1.

Lol me too, I was like oh crap another one?!

Anyway... to answer the question.

For PvP i run a skank because my tank gear did nothing for my survivability. As the person before me mentioned, I endurance stack too. Basically I run tank set bonus amorings, lethal b mods, high endurance dps enhancements, and a shield using the same setup. Then augment with straight high endurance/low power mods.

I suppose you could aim for higher dps by using enhancements and straight lethal mods. And augmenting for crit and alacrity, but if I'm tanking my goal is to be a pain to the other team and next to impossible to kill with a healer support.

Not trolling: Is there a reason why, since tank stats don't work well and you need other gear anyway, that tanks don't just run one of the DPS trees?

Play vigi in an arena and you'll see why. I'd tell my story again but apparently I tell it too much so I'll just say PvP as a dps guardian is miserable.

this is the downside of having dps that can "tank" if only for a small amount.

imagine having a proper tank in 4v4 or even 8v8 + a healer.

who's going to stop them? now imagine if you can stack these.

i like the idea of all roles being viable but it does not work in small scale pvp and especially when the matchmaking is what it is in SWTOR pvp.

this is the downside of having dps that can "tank" if only for a small amount.

imagine having a proper tank in 4v4 or even 8v8 + a healer.

who's going to stop them? now imagine if you can stack these.

i like the idea of all roles being viable but it does not work in small scale pvp and especially when the matchmaking is what it is in SWTOR pvp.

I've had groups with stacked tanks and healers and still lost because you can't kill anything. Believe it or not, skanking does not have the damage of an actual dps. Assuming I stay alive enough, I will do more damage as a vigi guardian. The issue is especially in 4v4 who's going to give the guardian enough time to do damage when you can just focus him? Unless of course a pt or sorc dps is around anyway.

I do happen to agree that some matchmaking would be nice, but lower population servers might never have matches. Bring on harby, it's not as much of a problem.

Edited by KendraP