A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

Their problem is that while you shared a way that they could cover the increased repair costs, that way would require actual EFFORT from them. Never mind that the effort could be minimal, AND done while they enjoy the "fun" parts of the game, they would still have to actually do something other than complain and expect someone else to fix it.

I know right! except the change isn't working as intended. Change was only for moddable gear, it's not doing that. Also, not doing it to everyone. So it's a bug. So shut up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do work. SWTOR is a game. When it becomes "work", I'll quit.

Then quit, because if you can't handle 10-30k credits, I'm sorry, you shouldn't be wearing that gear.

It's not like running the dailies one time a week will settle the bill for a week. Or that you make 400-600k from a run.

No, not at all. :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah, I didn't read the posts I just felt like being awesome online.

change isn't doing what it should be, the change was meant only for moddable gear, that's not what happened. Also, it's not happening to everyone. This usually means bug unless Bioware has decided to RNG repair bills.

I read 7 pages of them. And it's all complaining and over exaggeration. Everyone is saying how they need money and want to do what they want without dailies. Crew skills solve the issue.

My repairs didn't change because I'm not in moddable gear.

Their problem is that while you shared a way that they could cover the increased repair costs, that way would require actual EFFORT from them. Never mind that the effort could be minimal, AND done while they enjoy the "fun" parts of the game, they would still have to actually do something other than complain and expect someone else to fix it.

This is a gross generalization and false.

One) many of the people discussing (not complaining) this change and proposing it be changed have plenty of money in the bank. I have a few mil banging around on my new character just for spending money. In fact I use a variation of what he does and have since about the first month the game came out.

Two) The reason we are discussing this is it is a bad decision. It is practically pointless and bad game design. That's all. No other reason.

However the people calling others names and ************ about the complainers apparently are only following and replying to the thread to feel superior in some misguided way.

I pity you.

I do work. SWTOR is a game. When it becomes "work", I'll quit.

Anything worth having requires effort. That applies in game as well to real life. Would you expect to be given campaign or dread guard gear for nothing? Then why would you expect not to have to put forth some effort to pay for repairs?

I read 7 pages of them. And it's all complaining and over exaggeration. Everyone is saying how they need money and want to do what they want without dailies. Crew skills solve the issue.

At least some people in these forums realize what is up

Let me rephrase: "This didn't affect me, so I don't care what it does to everyone else." Awesome. :rolleyes:

This is a gross generalization and false.

One) many of the people discussing (not complaining) this change and proposing it be changed have plenty of money in the bank. I have a few mil banging around on my new character just for spending money. In fact I use a variation of what he does and have since about the first month the game came out.

Two) The reason we are discussing this is it is a bad decision. It is practically pointless and bad game design. That's all. No other reason.

However the people calling others names and ************ about the complainers apparently are only following and replying to the thread to feel superior in some misguided way.

I pity you.

Allow me to quote you:

This is talking about lessening the pointless, mindless parts of the game so people can spend more time on the fun parts of it.

Mindless money grinding, whether it be through the GTN or through dailies is pointless in part because it is a complete waste of time.

I'm not the one here complaining that about having to earn the credits to pay for my repairs, or expecting EA/BW to lower the costs. That would be you, among others.

It's a big change for people who just hit 50 or are new to the game/still leveling. You and I may have run 8,000 dailies/made millions from crew skills or cartel items/etc. but it doesnt mean everyone has. But the bigger issue here that a small gameplay change was made that wasn't entirely necessary and most people don't like it, why not get rid of it?

Also it's not working the way it should(should only change modded gear repair prices but it's not), and not effecting everyone the same way which would mean it's a bug.

At least some people in these forums realize what is up

So the part that it looks like it's not working as intended means what? It should only change repair prices for moddable gear, that's not happening. Also the costs are high for fresh 50s and people still leveling and they don't need to be and people don't like it sooooooooooo why leave it in?

Edited by justiceface

That first line made me laugh. There are skills that when levelling, you have to use the GTN. There's no way to avoid that. To explain why, buying Titanium for instance, would take too much time, but what I say is true and I don't waste credits lightly. I had 1,8 millions hitting 20 due to a lucky sale of a crystal in the GTN, I have 1,83 millions now, hitting 45. Why would I lie?

Why would I lie? It doesn't matter whether you want to believe me or not, but:

Level 28 Sentinel - 141,675 C

Level 41 Shadow - 532,767 C

Level 23 Sorcerer - 120,719 C

In terms of our casual progression/raiding guild. I have not heard anything in regards to us stopping our normal gameplay and noob 50 alt progression runs. In fact, we are in the process of forming a second progression run group now.

BJ

It's a big change for people who just hit 50 or are new to the game/still leveling. You and I may have run 8,000 dailies/made millions from crew skills or cartel items/etc. but it doesnt mean everyone has. But the bigger issue here that a small gameplay change was made that wasn't entirely necessary and most people don't like it, why not get rid of it?

Also it's not working the way it should(should only change modded gear repair prices but it's not), and not effecting everyone the same way which would mean it's a bug.

Then those people will have to adapt to the changes of being 50.

or as Kai Leng puts it "We Evolve or We Die"

Let me rephrase: "This didn't affect me, so I don't care what it does to everyone else." Awesome. :rolleyes:

Seriously? That was to point out that what they intended obviously is working how it was supposed to. I've been paying 40-50k the repair bills while all these people have been having 5k repair bills for a good chunk of time. How's that for effect? But guess what. I didn't complain. I made money.

And as I said before I care enough that people enjoy the game so I posted how I make money. And it is 0 effort. Literally 2 clicks and 7k in your wallet 5 mins later. But yes. I don't care.

Allow me to quote you:

I'm not the one here complaining that about having to earn the credits to pay for my repairs, or expecting EA/BW to lower the costs. That would be you, among others.

Allow me to educate you on the difference. I have in no way complained about it. I have pointed out why it is a bad system. At no point did I say "oh no, I will never be able to keep up" or anything like that. I pointed out where the system falls flat and from a game design point of view, fails.

So the part that it looks like it's not working as intended means what? It should only change repair prices for moddable gear, that's not happening. Also the costs are high for fresh 50s and people still leveling and they don't need to be and people don't like it sooooooooooo why leave it in?

take 2 hours out of your time, run the belsavis daily, black hole daily, sector x daily, and ilum daily, are not hard, and can easily be solo'd by every class. Easier for stealth, but still easy.

~80k Ilum

~100k Black Hole

~ 80k Sector X

~ 250k Belsavis

~ Daily Flashpoint 17k + turn in quest another 17k

~ Weekly Flashpoint 20-30k

thats about 570k

Repair bill of tionese near yellow, 25k. Repair of columi 30k.

Its not that difficult.

take 2 hours out of your time, run the belsavis daily, black hole daily, sector x daily, and ilum daily, are not hard, and can easily be solo'd by every class. Easier for stealth, but still easy.

~80k Ilum

~100k Black Hole

~ 80k Sector X

~ 250k Belsavis

~ Daily Flashpoint 17k + turn in quest another 17k

~ Weekly Flashpoint 20-30k

thats about 570k

Repair bill of tionese near yellow, 25k. Repair of columi 30k.

Its not that difficult.

But again, missing the point. That is two hours that are pointless. There is no challenge in doing what you propose. Hell I could probably code a bot to do it if I were so inclined.

I.E. bad game design.

Before I had a 50 though I was making that money, the same way, back before 1.2. When repairs were even more rediculous. And going back to the way it was puts people using non modded gear back to paying more then people with modded gear. It's a two way sword here. And there needs to be a reason for people to not want to die.

But again, missing the point. That is two hours that are pointless. There is no challenge in doing what you propose. Hell I could probably code a bot to do it if I were so inclined.

I.E. bad game design.

cash sinks exist in every game, just because you have to work to get around the cash sink now doesn't make it bad design

the only thing that makes it "bad design" is the fact that it was nearly a year of it not being this way.

If the repair costs were the same as they are now the whole time, it wouldn't be an issue

Before I had a 50 though I was making that money, the same way, back before 1.2. When repairs were even more rediculous. And going back to the way it was puts people using non modded gear back to paying more then people with modded gear. It's a two way sword here. And there needs to be a reason for people to not want to die.

There is, its called success vs failure. Death is a feedback loop to tell you you didn't succeed at something, Look at the PvP design in this same game. No repair costs, but death still has implications.

Between the scaled time limit to respawn and the fact that if you die you failed at what you are doing, that is sufficient feedback for most people to choose to avoid doing it.