Content? My Feedback.

EC has been out for quiet awhile and most players has been blowing through this content like its a joke. My guild who will not be named. Clear it in the first 3-4 weeks and has been on farm since then. The nice change of pace of the content was nice. Enjoyed the difficulty while it lasted. We are at the point where there's nothing left to do. Rated war-zones is the only thing that we can do but it still feels like there's no reason to even do it. Get the highest rating you can get , move on and get another skin for your gear? done. Now what? It doesn't feel rewarding to do all those games. Back on PVE content, we get all the possible gear we need on our mains and alt toons with overflowing coms. Simply we need more content. What happened to NM EC? That should have been out already. Most guilds that I have talk to said that once NM hits, they wont consider even attempting the content due to it being farmed for so long. In my opinion for future content releases, it must be harder on each boss fights. It should also take a lot longer to receive loot from raids.Content needs to be delivered a lot faster. We the players shouldn't be bored out of our minds at this point in the game.

This is just my feedback on the Operations in this game thus far. I'm sorry if this sounds like a (Q-Q) post.

TL:DR : Content needs to delivered a lot faster, PVE progression needs to be a lot slower. Overall PVE needs to feel a lot more rewarding for the players.

EC has been out for quiet awhile and most players has been blowing through this content like its a joke. My guild who will not be named. Clear it in the first 3-4 weeks and has been on farm since then. The nice change of pace of the content was nice. Enjoyed the difficulty while it lasted. We are at the point where there's nothing left to do. Rated war-zones is the only thing that we can do but it still feels like there's no reason to even do it. Get the highest rating you can get , move on and get another skin for your gear? done. Now what? It doesn't feel rewarding to do all those games. Back on PVE content, we get all the possible gear we need on our mains and alt toons with overflowing coms. Simply we need more content. What happened to NM EC? That should have been out already. Most guilds that I have talk to said that once NM hits, they wont consider even attempting the content due to it being farmed for so long. In my opinion for future content releases, it must be harder on each boss fights. It should also take a lot longer to receive loot from raids.Content needs to be delivered a lot faster. We the players shouldn't be bored out of our minds at this point in the game.

This is just my feedback on the Operations in this game thus far. I'm sorry if this sounds like a (Q-Q) post.

TL:DR : Content needs to delivered a lot faster, PVE progression needs to be a lot slower. Overall PVE needs to feel a lot more rewarding for the players.

If you believe BW's metrics, only like 20% of guilds have cleared HM EC. Yes, some of us did it within the first month, but it seems like they tuned it pretty well to the population as a whole.

Edited by Typeslice

If you believe BW's metrics, only like 20% of guilds have cleared HM EC. Yes, some of us did it within the first month, but it seems like they tuned it pretty well to the population as a whole.

Agreed, My guild just got the twin tanks down last night on HM, my girlfriends guild got HM kephess last week.

We really should be working on HM kephess now but due to our 2 day schedule,Maintences during our raid time and absences we have been slowed greatly.

The problem with being cutting edge is you're applying that edge to your throat by being bored later on in the content cycle.

More content would be nice and I find 4 bosses per tier alittle lame. Personally I'd prefer 10+ boss tier preferably broken down into another 2-3 instances.Regardless however, there is goign to be people pushing the evelope for world/server firsts and the cost of the prestidge they get is nothing to do but farm and optimise their gear.

EDIT. Re-read your post and noticed your request for mroe content faster. If you are clearing 100% of the raid content in 3-4 weeks wouldn't it stand to reason that the developers/producers just can't put out a quality (and EC is quality but short) raid instance every 3-4 weeks.Even tripling the clear and farm period to 12 weeks is rather short don't you think?

EDIT 2. How does slower gear aqquiisition give content longevity? I've been in server first competition guilds in the past and all gear is is a tool to get content down faster, its surely not needed (reference HM EC cleared in mostly rakata gear) Don't raid to gear, Gear to raid. I personally don't agree with badge gear being equal to raid gear (but thats another topic for another time) but for the majority of the guilds that gear is needed to get Norm EC down so they can attempt hard modes.

Edited by Karasuko

More content would be nice and I find 4 bosses per tier alittle lame. Personally I'd prefer 10+ boss tier preferably broken down into another 2-3 instances

This.

4 bosses is just pathetic. on a good night my guild clears EC in around an hour and a half. The majority of that time going into trash pulls which are just mind numbingly boring. Less trash. More bosses.

I will agree that NM mode should have been released by now for cutting edge guilds that are flying through the most difficult conyent as it currently exists. Short of that there would never be enough content released quick enough to satisfy hardcore consumers such as yourself. This game was never marketed for the EQ2 fans or even comes close to TBC raiding and probably never will, I dont know what to tell you other than your expectations have been higher than who the game was marketed towards.

MMOs have to cater to all it's fans to be successful. SWTOR has given an awesome levelling experience and now the PVE is well.... average to above average I guess. The actual PVE content being released is of good quality (not excellent) but the problem is with a 4 boss content release - it has to have a life span of 8-10 weeks maximum not 4 or 5 months.

Regards,

Thermal

Elite Gaming Raid Guides

http://www.youtube.com/Thermal8691

MMOs have to cater to all it's fans to be successful. SWTOR has given an awesome levelling experience and now the PVE is well.... average to above average I guess. The actual PVE content being released is of good quality (not excellent) but the problem is with a 4 boss content release - it has to have a life span of 8-10 weeks maximum not 4 or 5 months.

Regards,

Thermal

Elite Gaming Raid Guides

http://www.youtube.com/Thermal8691

^^^^

Sort of this. Let's go back in time. Everquest was amazing for PvE content, no real PvP content to speak of. But it was one of the first of it's kind (yes there was UO as well) and set the bar for future MMO's. When Verant controlled EQ, all was good and it started to go downhill years after Sony took it over. Not initially, but gradually over time. Each expansion brought new levels, new quests, new continent, monsters, dungeons, and of course raid bosses (always more than 4). The gaming community was immensely more mature than it is today, and the dedication for a couple nights a week wasn't hard to manage.

WoW is another MMO that has set new standards for gameplay experience and longevity. To be successful in this industry, you will have to meet or exceed those standards. SWTOR unfortunately does not. Could it? Yes it could. The game is fun, exciting when doing new content, etc but it is the lack of end game content for both PvP and PvE that are hurting the game and losing subscribers.

Legacy is not adding subscribers. Recruit a friend is not adding long term subscribers. Lack of endgame content is LOSING long term subscribers. The icebergs are visible, will SWTOR hit one and sink? Only time will tell, but in the end, it is the time of waiting around that may also kill it.