Do i understand dulfy's dye-FAQ-correct?

bibobpipop

I'm still confused about this too. Didn't the Q and A that was posted recently say that CM armor will be dye-able at any level? But it said nothing about social armor, which I *think* is level 1. I'll have to check that. Basically I still can't figure out what will be dye-able and what won't. I'm looking forward to getting more info on this.

I would love to be able to dye the glowy part of my Gree armor another color as well.

I remember what you're talking about. I think the wording is vague like that because the social/adaptive armors are modifiable from level 1, but crafted armors are not (thanks to the overabundance of level one green bracers of weakness and the like in your schematics book.)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be a big concern for me with the system, a seriously limiting factor. I'd like to find out why they would choose to do this if in fact this is true.

Considering many folks use adaptive armor, this might not go over well. Unless, of course, they added most adaptive sets to crafting lists.

I played GW1 a lot (and GW2 a little but it sucked imo) and there was a pretty good dye system in there. But also there it was normal that dyes were one shot uses. I don't have a problem with this concept as such.

On the other hand, I do share the concern about pricing, as I do with everything. I am glad the game is doing well but I always take a critical look at everything new that is offered via the cartel shop.

But there are two things: The cartel price and the gtn price. You see as long as the cartel dyes are sellable via the gtn, there is less of a problem. However, if black, red and white (usually the popular colours) end up costing 1 million credits a piece on the gtn because of rarity, it doesn't become an asset but a burden. I am sure BW looks at these things and one positive I saw already was that you can die your chest piece and match the rest as you can now. But I also want to be able to dye my armour piece by piece without having to spend a fortune either in the cartel shop or the gtn. It should still be fun.

The dye system comes together with the customisation kiosk. This update has the potential to add a lot of fun to the game and at the same time it can add a lot of disappointment or annoyance. It is cosmetic in the end and I would not want these types of things to cost too much as to encourage people who want to try things out etc.

So, I will wait and see. It's not here yet. Once the pricing is known and we see how easy or difficult it will be to customise your character then we will know. I agree it shouldn't be too easy, to take out the sense of achievement but at the same time this is something a lot of casual players are probably into and it should make the game more fun, not more frustrating.

Thanks, I don't think those ever change though - so you're guess is probably right, there won't be any dyes that affect them either.

Ah well, just something to take into account when dyeing stuff!

Heh.. lag in getting back on my check of this

Yeah... Gree neons do not appear to be in the color match (and therfore dye) color palettes on the gear I checked. That neon appears to be hardwired into the armor pieces.

I played GW1 a lot (and GW2 a little but it sucked imo) and there was a pretty good dye system in there. But also there it was normal that dyes were one shot uses. I don't have a problem with this concept as such.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by one-shot use dye in GW2.

Sure when you use it on a character it is consumed, but what happens then is instead of being applied to a piece of gear directly it is instead applied to the library of available dyes for that character forever.

Which means for a single character one dye is used to colour an infinite amount of gear pieces, whether it be primary, secondary, and even 3rd and 4th colour channels on a piece of gear. Pieces of gear in GW2 have 1 to 4 channels.

Yeah... Gree neons do not appear to be in the color match (and therfore dye) color palettes on the gear I checked. That neon appears to be hardwired into the armor pieces.

Yes and not only scalene neons but all the lights here and there on tech-armours. This is what led me believe in another thread that this is yet one more separate channel than the usual ones.

I love it btw.

Edited by Shoogli