Flashpoints, Heroics, and Areas Ruined

I like SWTOR, I like it alot. Its a fun game that I thoroughly enjoy playing. Or at least I did...

As of the last week, I have been unable to perform any Flashpoint, Heroic, or Area because of the inability to find a group. When I first joined my server, the population was abundant and doings group missions we're easy. But in the past 2 weeks the servers population had rapidly declined, and now any group scenarious are impossible. I am running out of singleplayer quests to do on planets to visit for my level, and I'm soon going to have to start grinding on NPCs.

Now alot of you are saying "HERP DERP RE-ROLL YOUR CHARACTER ON ANOTHER SERVER". The thing is, I've put hours of effort into my character, my companions skill, and I am also thoroughly enjoying the story. Why should I have to do that again because of something thats beyond my control. Something that could easily fixed with something like a character transfer.

Every day I become more frusterated with my situation and see less people. I'm considering just asking for my money back or waiting for the devs to make transfers available. Which will probably be several months from now.

I'm sure some Admin is now going to come in and redirect me to that giant cluster**** of a thread about character transfer where they tell anyone who's unhappy to go so they don't have to deal with realising their game has a crucial flaw.

Go ahead, to be honest I wasn't expecting anything from this thread anyway. I just wanted to vent my frustration. If you excuse me I have to kill Tusken Raiders...over...and over again...

I hope this helps you if you are just sitting on the fleet spamming on general chat LFG X. You may already know what Im about to say but judging by the amount of people whining about the absence of LFG system makes me think most that come to forums have no idea about this.

The fastest way to get a group is using the WHO list. If you type a number like 40 or 50 it will show you a list of people of that level wherever they may be in the world. Also typing a planet where you know people of the level you are looking for will be . For example you wanna go cademimu you type tatooine and it will show you a list of people generally around lvl 30(it's easier just to type a number though) Then you just ctrl+c a message like hello, wanna go to x? and whisper paste it to every1 you want individually (just care to not paste it twice to the same person... spamming the same guy isn't the purpose :) )

This is also for all the people complaining about the absence of a LFG system. Next to A) a mind reader that scans the entire online population and automatically groups you up and B) creating something like a PVE channel that any1 can join whichever planet they may be on, what I described is by far the fastest way of putting a group together.

I am POSITIVE I'm not saying anything new for the majority of players, but again, judging by the complaints on forums(and yes i know a very minor part of the player base posts on forums) this may help people who say they can't find groups by spamming the chat on the fleet.

Edited by chnima

As much as I appreciate the replies and advice, it doesn't matter at this point. My server is already begginning to die. I think the reason is because people are frusterated with the exact same problem as me.

In the words of Darth Vader: "Its to late for me"

So now I have to re-roll countless hours of work because of Bioware being unable to transfer characters to another server.

How is this tolerated? Can you guys think of a single MMO from the last 5 years we're you weren't allowed to transfer characters? If the major reviewer sites like IGN and Kotaku had to deal with this flaw like my server is, the game wouldn't have gotten a single star. Bioware needs to count itself lucky that this problem is only from a small minority of players, if even a quarter of the SWTOR community had to deal with this the game would fail in the next few months.

This is horrible game design, from a company that I normally hold in high regards. The worst part is that it will probably not be addressed for another year. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to re-roll my day one character before I hit 50.

Thanks for a month of nothing Bioware

Edited by zz-man

How is this tolerated? Can you guys think of a single MMO from the last 5 years we're you weren't allowed to transfer characters? If the major reviewer sites like IGN and Kotaku had to deal with this the game would've got a single star.

I don't know of any game ever that had character transfers within the first month of release.

I don't know of any game ever that had character transfers within the first month of release.

Yeah, I think Rift was the fastest, but even then they waited until the first content update (3 months ish) to do their semi-insta-on-a-cooldown server transfers.

That said, I am calling shenanigans on this: "I am running out of singleplayer quests to do on planets to visit for my level, and I'm soon going to have to start grinding on NPCs."

Simply because you can skip every heroic and flashpoint and do only the solo and story missions and it works you out to 50 perfectly. It was true in beta for many and it's worked for me in live, though I ended up doing about 50% of the heroics, no flashpoints and I hit 50 just before heading to Corellia which was my last planet before my story ended and I was sent to Ilum. So two planets of quests before I needed to be 50 and I was.

Edited by MoistMuffin

As much as I appreciate the replies and advice, it doesn't matter at this point. My server is already begginning to die. I think the reason is because people are frusterated with the exact same problem as me.

In the words of Darth Vader: "Its to late for me"

So now I have to re-roll countless hours of work because of Bioware being unable to transfer characters to another server.

How is this tolerated? Can you guys think of a single MMO from the last 5 years we're you weren't allowed to transfer characters? If the major reviewer sites like IGN and Kotaku had to deal with this flaw like my server is, the game wouldn't have gotten a single star. Bioware needs to count itself lucky that this problem is only from a small minority of players, if even a quarter of the SWTOR community had to deal with this the game would fail in the next few months.

This is horrible game design, from a company that I normally hold in high regards. The worst part is that it will probably not be addressed for another year. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to re-roll my day one character before I hit 50.

Thanks for a month of nothing Bioware

You have yet to tell us what level you are on, or what times you try to find groups. The number of players at your level will decline as your level increases, due to players who level very slowly, or constantly reroll alts. But since you left out so much information, I guess it was just a mindless qq post on why you can't transfer yet (nothing about how much you must enjoy the game to still be playing it, nothing about how this has been the smoothest MMO release in the history of MMO's).

Also, side note to your original post - do the bonus quests. If you do even half the bonus quests (especially the multiple stage quests) you will end up outleveling the content, not running out of quests. Though even if you ignore all the bonus quests you should have no issue at all leveling. I have never heard of anyone simple 'grinding' out experience.

You have yet to tell us what level you are on, or what times you try to find groups. The number of players at your level will decline as your level increases, due to players who level very slowly, or constantly reroll alts. But since you left out so much information, I guess it was just a mindless qq post on why you can't transfer yet (nothing about how much you must enjoy the game to still be playing it, nothing about how this has been the smoothest MMO release in the history of MMO's).

Also, side note to your original post - do the bonus quests. If you do even half the bonus quests (especially the multiple stage quests) you will end up outleveling the content, not running out of quests. Though even if you ignore all the bonus quests you should have no issue at all leveling. I have never heard of anyone simple 'grinding' out experience.

On my day 1 character I am Level 40. I suppose it was wrong of me to say that I can't keep leveling up, because thats not true. I can keep leveling up by doing class quests and the sort. But I guess the real problem is...why should I. The server I was on is getting little to no traffic. Ten to fifteen people per world is standard for most hours of the day, for every day of the week. Whats the point in playing an MMO if theres nobody to play with?

I might as well just pop in KOTOR or Mass Effect.

But whatever, I've rerolled on a more populated server with a new character and faction, and I can honestly say that I'm more than satisfied. It feels so refreshing being able to talk to people again. I guess I'll return to my day one Sith when transfers are available, until then, he'll stay on Taris.

So whatever, live and learn I guess

Edited by zz-man

Your saying you have only 15 people on every planet during all times of the day? I have to call shenanigans on that. I could see the last few plantes being that low during off peak times. but during peak I'm betting that there is 150+ on the fleet, and you just happen to be stuck in the buffer area between the people who level fast and the people who level slow.

I hope this helps you if you are just sitting on the fleet spamming on general chat LFG X. You may already know what Im about to say but judging by the amount of people whining about the absence of LFG system makes me think most that come to forums have no idea about this.

The fastest way to get a group is using the WHO list. If you type a number like 40 or 50 it will show you a list of people of that level wherever they may be in the world. Also typing a planet where you know people of the level you are looking for will be . For example you wanna go cademimu you type tatooine and it will show you a list of people generally around lvl 30(it's easier just to type a number though) Then you just ctrl+c a message like hello, wanna go to x? and whisper paste it to every1 you want individually (just care to not paste it twice to the same person... spamming the same guy isn't the purpose :) )

This is also for all the people complaining about the absence of a LFG system. Next to A) a mind reader that scans the entire online population and automatically groups you up and B) creating something like a PVE channel that any1 can join whichever planet they may be on, what I described is by far the fastest way of putting a group together.

I am POSITIVE I'm not saying anything new for the majority of players, but again, judging by the complaints on forums(and yes i know a very minor part of the player base posts on forums) this may help people who say they can't find groups by spamming the chat on the fleet.

That this is even considered as a legitimate way of finding a group for a instance shows how much of a gaping void was left for finding groups.

Lets go through the very convenient options

Option 1. spam imperial fleet general chat dozens of times over 30 mins

Option 2 reroll char on different server (days/weeks spend grinding same char again)

option 3 check a planet of same level and privet chat every person to find people to do instance (numbering a dozens to a hundred or so)

I like SWTOR, I like it alot. Its a fun game that I thoroughly enjoy playing. Or at least I did...

As of the last week, I have been unable to perform any Flashpoint, Heroic, or Area because of the inability to find a group. When I first joined my server, the population was abundant and doings group missions we're easy. But in the past 2 weeks the servers population had rapidly declined, and now any group scenarious are impossible. I am running out of singleplayer quests to do on planets to visit for my level, and I'm soon going to have to start grinding on NPCs.

Now alot of you are saying "HERP DERP RE-ROLL YOUR CHARACTER ON ANOTHER SERVER". The thing is, I've put hours of effort into my character, my companions skill, and I am also thoroughly enjoying the story. Why should I have to do that again because of something thats beyond my control. Something that could easily fixed with something like a character transfer.

Every day I become more frusterated with my situation and see less people. I'm considering just asking for my money back or waiting for the devs to make transfers available. Which will probably be several months from now.

I'm sure some Admin is now going to come in and redirect me to that giant cluster**** of a thread about character transfer where they tell anyone who's unhappy to go so they don't have to deal with realising their game has a crucial flaw.

Go ahead, to be honest I wasn't expecting anything from this thread anyway. I just wanted to vent my frustration. If you excuse me I have to kill Tusken Raiders...over...and over again...

Okay notice what I put in bold up above. This indicates to me that you are exaggerating. Why may you ask?

No matter what character that I am playing I have always ended up higher then what the quests requires and the quest goes green to me.

I never bothered with the H2's other then the hutta ones, I only did a warzone at level 11, I only did 2 FP's, BT and Hammer. Yet all the way up to 50 I never finished all the quests (never bothered with the bonus series), and I still was able to level through questing.

So there is no way at all that you can tell me that to level you will be grinding out mobs ala old school EQ style.

Edit, at this point in time there are 13 Light servers, 1 full, 3 very Heavy and the rest are mixed Heavy or Standard.

Edited by Fizbanic

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

AS OF me posting that link you can see that at least in the US almost all the servers have a heavy population only about 5 have a light

later on in the evening that will change to the EU side and it will reverse.

also as mentioned above if you do the side quests theres absolutely no way to be unleveled, its mathematically impossible I hit 50 and still haven't done all the quests.

Edited by Shammus