BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

Heh yeah, but they're not going to completely redesign us now (especially with all the staff layoffs), so I'll take a box of bandaids over nothing. C'mon we're bleeding out here. :p

I'd definitely prefer mobility over interrupt immunity if it was tied to hold the line though. They'd conflict a little otherwise.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still wouldn't mind an ability like Pulse Generator for gunnery.

5 stacks of Grav Round and your attacks become uninterrruptable. Yeah, I know, we don't need anything more that has to deal with Grav Round.....but anyway.

Or maybe move Combat Shield and the Reflexive Shield abilities lower in their trees so that they could be picked up by any build.

Still wouldn't mind an ability like Pulse Generator for gunnery.

5 stacks of Grav Round and your attacks become uninterrruptable. Yeah, I know, we don't need anything more that has to deal with Grav Round.....but anyway.

Or maybe move Combat Shield and the Reflexive Shield abilities lower in their trees so that they could be picked up by any build.

Tie a 5 sec 'uninterruptability' proc to explosive round for gunnery and give it a 10-20 sec internal cooldown. Make it worth something for us :p

Tie a 5 sec 'uninterruptability' proc to explosive round for gunnery and give it a 10-20 sec internal cooldown. Make it worth something for us :p

Could also do something like this for the 36-point talents of all three Commando trees since I'm pretty sure they are all on ~15 second cooldowns. Would add some incentive to actually taking the 36-point skills while providing some utility to follow it up with more damage/healing.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

pyro merc is not fine, it has the same issues as arsenal merc: reliance on casted abilities to reach full DPS potential.

and many of us *HAVE* rerolled. i went to the darkside and rolled a powertech. that does not mean that i do not want to see my favorite class in the game finally receive some attention and proper balance changes so that i can play it again.

we should be forced to reroll if we want to be effective.

I feel the same as you. Despite all my alts i've always enjoyed the style and design they exude.

Hi everyone! I talked to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Commandos and Mercenaries and their situation in PvP right now, and he had this to say:

I think it's fair to say that Mercenaries and Commandos have escape issues. Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes. We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hi everyone! I talked to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Commandos and Mercenaries and their situation in PvP right now, and he had this to say:

I think it's fair to say that Mercenaries and Commandos have escape issues. Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes. We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.

Clearly trolling.

Reported.

Here are some new moves coming soon for Mercs/Commandos. Shoulder Slam was removed to make room for these beauties:

Poke in the Eye: Only useable on body type 1 characters who are stunned and not wearing a helmet. Does a moderate amount of damage and blinds the opponent for 6 seconds. Characters with offhand attacks can poke both eyes, increasing the blind time to 8 seconds.

Kick in the Pants: Only useable on male characters who are snared and at less than 30% health. Does a minimal amount of damage and refreshes all movement impairing effects. Additionally has a 15% / 30% chance to knock the opponent down.

Dev Slap: Only useable on Mercenary characters. Slaps the target enemy (or ally) for a major amount of damage. Stuns the target for 10 months.

CC Mega-Breaker: You use a pinpoint attack on your foe, breaking all Crowd Control and Movement Impairing effects on the target. Builds 1 charge of "I didn't know" for each effect removed in this way.

Here's my idea: make being a glass cannon worth it by upping our damage.

Yes, we already do insane damage (if left alone), but we rarely ever get to get it off. Solution? Add more damage so we can actually do something with the 3 seconds we have before being forced back to the spawn.

Add something to the talent that increases full auto damage by 33% that will increase the damage done by 100% when attacking players :D