The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

A couple wierd stories

First: We all know how annoying sentinals can be, running ahead of the tank and all that, well here's a story from the other point of view (maybe this is why some sent pull before the tank).

Myself as dps sent, theres a dps sage, guardian tank and scoundrel healer.

"tank" is in sii-cho form and in the first pull the healer picks up all the aggro, I end up running round hitting everything to grab aggro. Its clear this tank is going to tunnel vision in sii-cho form. I decide to have a word, hoping that I can offer a few helpful tips. He gets very unhappy and defensive and falls out with me, doesn't switch to soresu and continues to tunnel vision (luckily it SM Cadiemu so not a particularly difficult fp).

This tank then proceeds to troll my sent as much as possible. He will stand staring at each pull until all my centering has run out, the second its gone, he pulls. This results in me throwing zen/trandescence at completely irrelevant times. One pull I hit 30 stacks when there is 1 elite with 3% hp left. I throw trandescence simply because I know if I wait until the next pull I will waste a 30 stack. Also by spending each 30-stack at the end of each pull it means we wont have to wait for my centering to run out before starting the next one, thereby speeding things up.

This results in me using trandescence at the end of each pull for the sole purpose of making sure I have no centering before the next pull so we aren't stood round waiting for the tank to finish trolling me. What makes this really annoying for me is I use my centering to buff my DPS (watchman spec so I use the zen auto crit on burns to buff my DOT's).

Story 2: KDY. I have a certain guild I avoid whenever I use my imp characters. However my rep characters are all rather under-used so I haven't yet learnt which guilds to avoid....until today.

A DPS sage on KDY with my sent dps and 2 shadow dps. First room is the puzzle room, I call out the build, sage from the bad guild puts in wrong build, I point out I told them how to do it, I get a "F**k you noob", and we leave it at that.

Second room is blowing up the 3 cannons. Go to the first forcefield room, lower it, then the second, all of which time the sage has been avoiding the enemies in the middle bit (that patrolling elite and the stationary 2 strongs and 2 standards). We bring the forcefield down, move around the enemies we have left and pull the group in the middle (you know the 1, turret at each side). During the pull the sage runs round like they are in pvp and pulls the 2 strongs and 2 standards which they had insisted we should skip as "it takes too long". Sage dies, us 3 clear up, at which point the sage is annoyed that us 3 (sent and 2 shadows) didn't healer her....(shes lvl 49, I thought she would know the classes by now) and then drops the group - this is her first death (and the only 1, so far) the entire run.

The replacement we get is from the same guild as the sage, he completely ignores the group and pulls some enemies by himself, dies, then blames us (we were busy fighting the champ). He gets kicked and we get another replacement, same guild again. He instantly asks for group leader, we don't oblige. He spams chat asking for group leader so I make him leader just to shut him up. As soon as he gets it he switches loot to master looter (now this is only KDY so there's no loot, but its the principle) we kick him.

I really wish I could ignore a whole guild....

Edited by BobFredJohn

PUGging 16m Eyeless on my Shadow (decently geared over all, 36k HP in DPS gear, 38k as tank)...

We down storymode easily. We move on to hardmode.

We get our team set up, we get ready to pull. Our tanks are two vanguards; one has good gear (40k HP, decent stat optimization), the other is undergeared (28k HP) and in 100% DPS stats. Well-geared tank goes in and opens up with Sticky Grenade->Hammer Shots spam while running in->Mortar Volley

That's right. Because opening with Sticky Grenade->Storm->Stockstrike->HIB->Explosive Surge is for scrubs or something. Also, no guards anywhere.

Meanwhile I've got Force Potency up and hit the boss with Force In Balance about two seconds after the tank pulls. I INSTANTLY pull aggro (as in, that one hit from Force in Balance pulls aggro) and get 1shotted. (Because 16m HM Eyeless doesn't screw around.) I complain, tank tells me not to DPS at first, we wipe eventually, we get ready to try again.

We try again. This time I hold DPS for about five seconds. WHOOP DE DOO, after about 15s of DPSing I've gone and pulled aggro again, despite giving the tank the requested time to build threat and despite the kiting and my bad framerates gimping my damage. I pop Mass Mind Control to dump threat. About 10s later I've managed to pull aggro again and hit Force Cloak. Well, that total threat drop keeps me out of trouble for the remainder of that try, but meanwhile the OTHER Balance Shadow of the group, a guy with 31k HP who has been 55 for all of three days, manages to pull aggro. (This whole time there are no taunt debuffs coming up, so I know it's aggro from damage, not from taunts.) Sigh.

I mean, I know Balance got buffed pretty nicely recently, and the self-heals make it an aggro hoar, but seriously?

After that wipe we lose a few people, and we're mostly out questing while we wait for replacements. I see the geared-but-dumb vanguard tank working on a champion in The Epicenter (Rakghoul Resurgence H4 area). She's using Full Auto. She's not holding aggro.

I whisper here talking about how she needs to work her big threat generators into her opener. She says that her rotation is fine, that DPS need to give the tank time to build threat, and that until she has better gear her threat generation is going to be meh.

We try two more times. I'm DPSing the first time and keep on pulling aggro. The second time I'm specced tank and oddly enough, she manages to hold aggro off of me THAT time. I was mostly on adds duty anyway. *shrug*

I left after that...they were still trying to get people in. Did I mention DPS was slow? We had a lot of undergeareds. Like, the group leader was a Scrapper Scoundrel with 21k HP.

*vigorous headdesk, angry thrashing*

Got a pretty bad one earlier today. Queued for my daily HM 55 FP run on my 'sin. Got Core Meltdown. Popped in and our group consists of myself and an Operative as DPS, a sorc healer and an assassin tank. I notice the tank has only 28k hp. I normally try not to put much stock into that, so I ignore it for a while. First few pulls go rather well, but aggro is pretty much all over the place. I also notice the tank never used dark ward. Well, I don't' say anything, thinking maybe he's just a bit rusty.

We get to the room with the sandstorm boss. We're all just standing around waiting for the tank to pull so to avoid a potential disaster. The healer asks if he needs an explanation on the fight. No answer, so she explains anyway. A few moments after, the tank pulls. Aggro is just a horrible mess. It's then, I noticed 2 things. First, the tank is relying on taunts to keep aggro. As in, he only keeps aggro for a few seconds after the taunts wear off before myself or the operative takes it. Second, creeping terror and crushing darkness were ticking on the boss. I knew it couldn't have been me as I'm specced into deception. The sorc had been using innervate and revivification throughout the FP so far, so it wasn't her. It was the tank. Specced madness. The tank never brought the boss to the generators when he had aggro and always taunted the boss off of me when I tried luring him over. As such we wipe.

Healer asks the tank why he didn't bring the boss to the generators. "no English. Russian." was the response. Lovely. So, out of curiosity, I inspect his gear. It was simply atrocious. His saber was a combination of willpower hilt, alacrity heavy enhancement, a lvl 12 color crystal, and an aim mod. Yes, aim. He also had a strength shield generator, a lvl 32 cunning belt, a cunning/strength chest, lvl 42 cunning earpiece. The list just goes on. His over stats ended up being around 250 aim, 300 cunning, 1k willpower, around 900 strength.

So, I ended up respeccing to tank which I despise doing. Especially since the only tanking gear I have is a generator, an earpiece and implants. We get back to the boss. The "tank" types in chat, "Godzilla kill?" I about lost it at that. Well, I pull boss and hold aggro for the most part. The "tank" in constantly using taunts, so I had to constantly counter with one of my own throughout the fight.

Second boss. A lot smoother. This mostly just consisted of the "tank" and I having a taunt-off, seriously screwing up my positioning of the boss, and essentially gimping the operatives DPS.

Last boss, the "tank" was like constantly bring the circles to someone. This made things pretty hectic, and take a lot longer than necessary. Well, we somehow take down the boss with no deaths.

Healer made a remark. "That fight was a lot harder than usual for me. Actually ran out of force a few times. haha"

'Tank': "Bug thing dead? Boom?"

Me: "Now I remember why I never tank. Ever. Sorry 'bout the rough aggro"

Operative: "No worries. Hardly your fault.

Healer: "Yeah. It was mister Godzilla bug man."

I ended up walking away with a new entry to my ignore list, 2 new friends, one of which offered to be my pocket healer if I needed one. We both spent a good while doing our Oricon dailies and even joined a TFB pug that was just a blast.

Got a pretty bad one earlier today. Queued for my daily HM 55 FP run on my 'sin. Got Core Meltdown. Popped in and our group consists of myself and an Operative as DPS, a sorc healer and an assassin tank. I notice the tank has only 28k hp. I normally try not to put much stock into that, so I ignore it for a while. First few pulls go rather well, but aggro is pretty much all over the place. I also notice the tank never used dark ward. Well, I don't' say anything, thinking maybe he's just a bit rusty.

We get to the room with the sandstorm boss. We're all just standing around waiting for the tank to pull so to avoid a potential disaster. The healer asks if he needs an explanation on the fight. No answer, so she explains anyway. A few moments after, the tank pulls. Aggro is just a horrible mess. It's then, I noticed 2 things. First, the tank is relying on taunts to keep aggro. As in, he only keeps aggro for a few seconds after the taunts wear off before myself or the operative takes it. Second, creeping terror and crushing darkness were ticking on the boss. I knew it couldn't have been me as I'm specced into deception. The sorc had been using innervate and revivification throughout the FP so far, so it wasn't her. It was the tank. Specced madness. The tank never brought the boss to the generators when he had aggro and always taunted the boss off of me when I tried luring him over. As such we wipe.

Healer asks the tank why he didn't bring the boss to the generators. "no English. Russian." was the response. Lovely. So, out of curiosity, I inspect his gear. It was simply atrocious. His saber was a combination of willpower hilt, alacrity heavy enhancement, a lvl 12 color crystal, and an aim mod. Yes, aim. He also had a strength shield generator, a lvl 32 cunning belt, a cunning/strength chest, lvl 42 cunning earpiece. The list just goes on. His over stats ended up being around 250 aim, 300 cunning, 1k willpower, around 900 strength.

So, I ended up respeccing to tank which I despise doing. Especially since the only tanking gear I have is a generator, an earpiece and implants. We get back to the boss. The "tank" types in chat, "Godzilla kill?" I about lost it at that. Well, I pull boss and hold aggro for the most part. The "tank" in constantly using taunts, so I had to constantly counter with one of my own throughout the fight.

Second boss. A lot smoother. This mostly just consisted of the "tank" and I having a taunt-off, seriously screwing up my positioning of the boss, and essentially gimping the operatives DPS.

Last boss, the "tank" was like constantly bring the circles to someone. This made things pretty hectic, and take a lot longer than necessary. Well, we somehow take down the boss with no deaths.

Healer made a remark. "That fight was a lot harder than usual for me. Actually ran out of force a few times. haha"

'Tank': "Bug thing dead? Boom?"

Me: "Now I remember why I never tank. Ever. Sorry 'bout the rough aggro"

Operative: "No worries. Hardly your fault.

Healer: "Yeah. It was mister Godzilla bug man."

I ended up walking away with a new entry to my ignore list, 2 new friends, one of which offered to be my pocket healer if I needed one. We both spent a good while doing our Oricon dailies and even joined a TFB pug that was just a blast.

He was probably missing his self heals :p

I always wondered how that would go (Shadow tank in full Balance spec, using self heals and DCDs to survive and hold aggro instead of normal things. Would probably suck in comparison though...)

Met an entertaining group yesterday

myself as sent dps, another sent dps, guardian tank and commando healer. Cadiemu lowbie run.

The commando is one of those people I really hate: as soon as we zone in they start linking in all of their achievements (none particularly special) then state they are the most knowledgeable player there and should be set as leader and everyone is to follow their every word....he can **** off (especially as he is pulling as healer on groups we are clearly avoiding, so clearly isn't as pro as he thinks).

Other dps has rackghoul plague stage 2 with 12 seconds left. As such, when the tank pulls both us sents jump in and join the fight (tank tunnel visions, seems to be quite common for tanks now-a-days). I keep an eye on the other sents plague and move to a safe distance at 3 seconds. The healer shouts at me (everything they type is in caps, i see that as shouting) about not dpsing properly. The second this pops up the other sent explodes, dies and give the tank plague stage 1, we now have a tunnel visioning tank with regular stuns...great.

Still it doesn't matter our tank is inexperienced as the healer clearly doesn't mind having aggro, they pull on every fight. ......or maybe they do mind about aggro, seeing as they suddenly start yelling at the tank to take aggro. I tell him if he doesn't want aggro he should let the tank pull. From this point I never get any more heals for the entire mission, not that the healer is petty or anything....

Just before security droid boss our healer throws a kick on the tank for not tanking properly. I abstain, I don't mind the bad tank, he is at least doing something (tbh the healers lack of heals, on anyone, isn't helping much, they are actually dps specced). Sadly the vote goes through and the commando pulls out their nar-shadaa droid companion (forgot its name) to tank, but doesn't know how to make a companion pull, and refuses to pull a boss herself. Tankitel it is then.

While on the taxi our replacement tank arrives. He takes a long time loading in and getting to us (we get from where the taxi lands to the wookie boss before he joins us (healer pulling all the way then filling the chat with caps text about how he has aggro again). Just before wookie boss the healer throws a vote kick on the tank, I point out hes on his way, and how ironic it is that someone who complains about aggro has now started a kick on 2 tanks. I get a barrage of abuse from the healer. The vote fails

When this second tank turns up its clear they aren't tank specced. Shien form. Its also clear they are new to tanking as, when healer shouts at them to pull, he runs forward a bit and pulls with.......taunt! (pulls the fight, first ever hit on the enemy, is taunt!). I decide that this may be a demonstration of the tanking ability we will see for the rest of the mission, so I quietly decide to off tank with my sent.

After we get Ortol down (without any heals as the healer is busy spamming "FOLLOW ME" in chat, even though everyone was moving out of fire) I have a word with our tank, in a "ill teach him abit" rather than a "ill have a go at this noob" type of way. I tell him about soresu form and tanking tree on the left. His reply....Soresu is for weaklings, and I hold aggro better as dps. I point out the only time he ever had aggro in any fight was while his taunt was up, as soon as it finished he lost it. I also mentioned varying his rotation, mainly to not open with taunt. He tells me to try tanking before I tell others how to do it, you should always pull with taunt. I give up at that point, healer and tank end up on ignore (a shame as a dps to be increasing my queue times, but these people im happy to avoid).

Edited by BobFredJohn

2. i usually don't bother make'em know about it unless they are absolutely needed for the achievment of the content, i which case i explain oricon and gently remove them from the group

eyeless =/= dps race..

5.adds apply a bleed debuff which hits enough hard to put a player in danger, make it a tank hit by a spike, a healer focused in matter of seconds by some more adds. green debuff is uncleanceable

6.i don't care about how they end combat, just is pointless keeping trying during a wipe, better /stuck and start another attempt.

i believe /stuck doesn't damage your gear, but i could be wrong. i'm not sure since i don't repair after any death..

7. green circles debuff, slows you and roots you if you gain too many stacks.

force speed for healers/tanks, resilience/shroud, hold the line/hydraulic override, force camo/ trascendence and roll, purge you from the slow and intercede/guardian leap make you come out of it instead of staying there and dieing, aswell as sage/sorc pull. eyeless fight proved to me how many players don't even try and just stand there calling out lag

You are wrong. It you /stuck in combat you incur 6k repair bill.

Oddly, as a shadow tank, I like to pull from stealth now, strange that getting free buffs seems nice, but as we progress, I start seeing pairs of sabers fly over my shoulder as I close in to open. The only word the sentinel has spoken is 'Bonus' so far, several times as she pulled groups we could have walked past. As I have by far the lowest health in the group at a mere 35k, I'm slightly baffled as to why she cares, no toon could have needed elite gear or the junk dropped by the boss, but I had accepted her inability to allow anything to be cc'd and just nuked everything.

Loot and pointless comms aren't the only thing the bonus boss gives. There is a little thing called ACHIEVEMENTS...

I see no reason not to kill them. They drop credits, and they count towards the bonus, which gives you around 10k credits, and 2 elite comms. Every little bit counts.

I easily hit comm cap within the 1 week period without doing the bonus bosses. I would rather save the time and run an extra HM FP where I can get even more credits and comms (including ultimates) than waste my time killing trash mobs to fight a bonus boss for 10k and 2 elites. If you haven't gotten the achievements for the bonus boss yet then feel free to go for it but don't expect everyone else to waste their time.

...and an assassin tank. I notice the tank has only 28k hp. I normally try not to put much stock into that, so I ignore it for a while. First few pulls go rather well, but aggro is pretty much all over the place. I also notice the tank never used dark ward. Well, I don't' say anything, thinking maybe he's just a bit rusty.

Reminds me of a tough lab experience I had with a sin tank, and for a second I thought maybe it could've been the same person you mentioned just doing the other cz flashpoint. But as there are many sin tanks out there, chances were slim; and anyway, my guy spoke English.

But yeah, it was rough. I've never sin tanked before, but I've seen enough to know a few basics. Start from stealth, phasewalk if boss fight, and cast your swirlies, as I call 'em. I notice this guy doing none of those things. I mean, he wasn't starting the fight with overload at least, but when I have to flee for my life on trash pulls, something's wrong (I was healer, I think only 1 dps knew priority, and tank was focusing a weak, not the gold, and not using wither).

So I asked him if he knew the tanking rotation. He didn't. Uh, really? A HM flashpoint as a tank, and you don't even know the proper tanking rotation? Inconsiderate. Instead of getting angry though, I opened up Dulfy (<--fake pro *nudge wink*) and tried to explain briefly about the swirlies and using wither to get group aggro.

Then we get to the robot boss. I told him about running out when he sees the channel. I think maybe 4 channels, in our 5 attempts at the boss, did he run out in time to avoid. And the first few times he was just walking out of the electrified water.... without force speed. Oy.

Also, after the first 2 wipes, our one of our dps goes, "This looks different.. Where are the healing stations?" Sigh. So yeah, 5 attempts, and we called it.

Edited by BigBreakfast

Double the sabers, double the leadership!

So I got into a hammer station pug, said my nice Hello and started working on trash. Usual story for me, kill order, CCs etc. Anyway the tank makes the extra pulls for the bonus and the healer starts commenting that it looks like we're doing the bonus.

I reply that doing the bonus will likely become the norm. Eluding to the possible decoration drops in the next patch. Healer responds that he/she hasn't done the bonus for a year.

We get to the pull just before the two elite droids. The strong pack with the three weak mobs. The tank pulls the strong in what looks like an LOS pull. I go straight for the weak mobs, as I do on every dps I have. Kill order, right?

The healer decides to pull me back because clearly I should be focusing on the strong and ignoring everything else, like the tank.

Elite pack, I mark and CC my mob, again the tank does what looks like an LOS pull but I'm not sure. Then I again go straight for the weak pack mobs. Kill order again. Apparently this ticks off the healer because we're supposed to be LOS pulling everything but the pull itself is a tight cluster and easy for any shadow tank to manage.

The healer starts going on about how that wasn't cool and I shouldn't be the "sentinel". I reply that I'm using CC, following the kill order and the tank didn't actually need to LOS the pull as everything was under control.

Clearly that was the wrong thing to say, because next the other dps and the healer have formed a committee and are telling me that what the tank says goes, though the tank has been strangely silent about everything and just pulls mobs.

I end up getting kicked from the group with the reason being "tard".

As much as I hate tanks that LOS every pull, I do wish people would say what they plan on doing.

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

/snip to:

As much as I hate tanks that LOS every pull, I do wish people would say what they plan on doing.

I totally agree with this comment. Lately have been in fp's where lack of communication within the group has been an issue, and have had very similar experiences as the poster above, ie, tank makes moves that might be an LOS pull or maybe not, but either way ends up doing one or the other and doesn't tell the rest of the group. I would say out of those events, maybe 25-30% of those result in a death of at least one or all players. If nothing is mentioned before a pull I will assume the standard, basic rules of dps, healing, and tanking.

Oh tell me about it. A recurring experience I have when healing in HM 55 FPs is for the group to set up for an LoS pull (DPS and healer standing politely to the side of a doorway) and then for the tank to run in and grab all the mobs, not noticing that there's nobody else alongside him. It usually goes like this:

1. As soon as I see the tank not moving on the minimap, I run in to frantically toss heals on the tank so he doesn't die.

2. Inevitably the tank loses aggro on one or two adds who then run for me.

3. DPS peels the add(s) off my ankles and runs back towards where we set up in the first place.

4. Tank is now where the pack of mobs started out, taking a bunch of damage because he's got three or four doggies on him. DPS is now where we were trying to LoS the pack, taking a bunch of damage because he's got one or two doggies on him. I can only have line of sight on one of my two healing targets at a time.

5. ???

6. PANIC

The pull right before the first boss of Mandalorian Raiders and the pull right after the first boss of Hammer Station are particular repeat offenders.

Oh tell me about it. A recurring experience I have when healing in HM 55 FPs is for the group to set up for an LoS pull (DPS and healer standing politely to the side of a doorway) and then for the tank to run in and grab all the mobs, not noticing that there's nobody else alongside him. It usually goes like this:

1. As soon as I see the tank not moving on the minimap, I run in to frantically toss heals on the tank so he doesn't die.

2. Inevitably the tank loses aggro on one or two adds who then run for me.

3. DPS peels the add(s) off my ankles and runs back towards where we set up in the first place.

4. Tank is now where the pack of mobs started out, taking a bunch of damage because he's got three or four doggies on him. DPS is now where we were trying to LoS the pack, taking a bunch of damage because he's got one or two doggies on him. I can only have line of sight on one of my two healing targets at a time.

5. ???

6. PANIC

The pull right before the first boss of Mandalorian Raiders and the pull right after the first boss of Hammer Station are particular repeat offenders.

Why would anyone LOS the dog pull right before the first boss in Mando Raiders? All of the dogs are melee; they'll jump right to the tank when he starts the pull by attacking the single humanoid target in the middle, so there's no positioning that needs to be done. LOS means "line of sight" and is only used to force ranged enemies to group together, it has absolutely no benefit when facing melee targets.

Edited by Gardimuer

Shoot. I think that's been the 'norm' since it released as a HM. Lately I have been seeing it less, fortunately.

I can honestly say that I've never LOSed any of the pulls in Mando raiders, or even hammer station. But I also don't see any other tanks tab-targeting and using single target abilities with multi-target abilities when aoe tanking. Most of the time the pug tanks just aoe taunt and continue whacking on the first mob they opened up on.

I can honestly say that I've never LOSed any of the pulls in Mando raiders, or even hammer station. But I also don't see any other tanks tab-targeting and using single target abilities with multi-target abilities when aoe tanking. Most of the time the pug tanks just aoe taunt and continue whacking on the first mob they opened up on.

Only pull I've LoS'd there is the boarding party boss. It makes things a lot easier and usually substantially faster as well.

I can honestly say that I've never LOSed any of the pulls in Mando raiders, or even hammer station.

Having just participated in this convo ... my daily HMFP pop was for Mando.

We did not do the LOS pull. So, maybe it is not so popular on my server anymore.

Also, of surprising note (to this thread): it was a PUG and everyone performed their role spectacularly.

I, for one, blame the rakghouls. They have obviously infected us still.

Only pull I've LoS'd there is the boarding party boss. It makes things a lot easier and usually substantially faster as well.

Maybe if you have a couple of aoe specs. Like a smasher and an APt. Ive never bothered doing it myself. If you leap or stealth in and attack the sorc/sage, those three wont move, ever. Even then they are still very grouped up, and stay that way as long as no one gets push happy (noob assassins...).

Most of the time that Ive done Mando as a dps and we have a tank who insists on LoSing, it just results in an initial aggro snafu after which you have the tank with the three tankable npcs in a little bunch and the warrior jumping around pushing people. Which is exactly the same situation you would have by just leaping/stealthing in, it just takes longer and gives the healer something extra to do for a few seconds.

Why would anyone LOS the dog pull right before the first boss in Mando Raiders? All of the dogs are melee; they'll jump right to the tank when he starts the pull by attacking the single humanoid target in the middle, so there's no positioning that needs to be done. LOS means "line of sight" and is only used to force ranged enemies to group together, it has absolutely no benefit when facing melee targets.

I've recently started to LoS that pull and a few of the other dog ones in Mando. I've found that with Merc and Op healers that if their HoT or Kolto Shell ticks right after I attack the guy in the middle the dogs will sometimes leap over me and hit the healer in the back.

It does not happen every pull or even most but it has happened to me enough that it is something I now watch for. Where as if I LoS it I can Smash the dogs as they come around the corner before they have another target to leap to.

Edited by KarathAnno

I've recently started to LoS that pull and a few of the other dog ones in Mando. I've found that with Merc and Op healers that if their HoT or Kolto Shell ticks right after I attack the guy in the middle the dogs will sometimes leap over me and hit the healer in the back.

It does not happen every pull or even most but it has happened to me enough that it is something I now watch for. Where as if I LoS it I can Smash the dogs as they come around the corner before they have another target to leap to.

I've never had that happen to me in all the time I've done this FP with Operative and Merc healers. If you AoE taunt immediately after the dogs first jump to you, and then keep Smashing and doing other AoE attacks, it shouldn't be an issue. It sounds to me like yours might be an issue of timing, that you aren't using your AoE soon enough. Obviously, it's more challenging on a Juggernaut tank than an Assassin or Powertech. When I Sin tank it, I open with Wither and Discharge (both AoE abilities) and then AoE taunt for good measure.

Nevermind, I see this is referring to the pack just before the boss. LoS is definitely viable when the group isn't quite geared enough to burn everything down before heals become an issue, and even when they are it just makes things easier. Nothing wrong with handling it that way.

Edited by Prototypemind