Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

LOL at all the peop who say they are quitting because of this. I have seen far far worse in the beginning of about every mmo i have ever played its like you guys have never played a new mmo ever in your life.

Same here, there isn't even any kind of PVP death penalty in this game. I've had bugs in another game that cost me a week of day and night grinding in lost XP, and I've been in PVP fights that cost me everything of value I owned.

When I unsub, it will be because I'm falling asleep at the keyboard doing PVP with no real stakes and no reason for my faction to band together to fight the imps.

(By real stakes I do not mean battlemaster gear or biotech stims lol)

200 imps beating my bunz in every couple of seconds forcing a respawn? No problem. :cool:

Exactly, so by your sentiment, why would it be that big of a deal to rollback the valor gains? Look at the last 80+ pages of people who are cancelling their subs. If your whole argument here is that "other games wasted less of my time", then by all rationality we can implement a rollback, and everyone's happy.

Wasn't an argument. Was just sharing a friendly "LOL" with MyThLoSt at all the apocalyptic crying.

Take note, Gabe, GoldSquadGirl supports a rollback, and she's not unsubbing either way.

LOL.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can they ignore the real problem. They mention nothing about the unbalance between Imps and Republic. And now they are letting all these Imps who exploited a bug keep there easy Valor!? No thanks. As if regular PvP wasnt unfair enough.

-UNSUBSCRIBED

You know what the most sickening joke of all of this is?

They are letting the people who are farming there now, even after they recognized it was a huge mistake, stay there!

Not only that, but for all of you people that didn't go there and do your thing, you can't go now. That's just the kind of brainless thought process that a dead horse game designer would have.

If they offered the people who bought Collector's editions to go to Ilum just for an hour tonight, imagine how many more copies they would have sold! LMAO!

But the worst of it really is, in their official response not only did they have the nerve to mention that "republic players may have been doing it, but they had the gaul to mention them in the sentence BEFORE the imperials. Give me a freaking break!

Show me one picture of republic players zerging the imperial base spawn point and I'll gladly keep paying you. Trust me, I have PLENTY of the imperials doing it along with fraps footage as well.

You sound like you're just figuring out that Bioware favors Empire. It's been known since early in development.

By my own admission, I am not the best PvPer in the world. My preferred style of gameplay is hammering as many number keys as I can in the shortest time available, while ignoring any notion of a global cool down. I'd probably be better off sticking to one ability and blaster whipping everyone to death, to be honest. Nevertheless, I continue to play, bolstered by my guildies and leeching death blows, when I can, from the vastly more skilled allies that are unfortunate enough to be in a warzone with me.

As only level 50 players will be flung together in war zones now, I find it slightly worrying that a large subset of the Imperial population on my server will now be far nearer BattleMaster than the Republic faction and hence may be blessed with kit far superior to my own. I'm wondering if it's even worth me poking my head round the virtual door of a warzone, for fear of having it instantly removed from my shoulders by the first mighty Imp who deems it appropriate that I am worthy to die by whatever skill first comes into reach of a liesurely digit.

I am quite surprised that Bioware have not already taken the bold decision to completely undo the events brought about by the latest patch. The longer term considerations of having either side effectively powerlevelled at over 500 valor per minute (I have seen the screenshots to prove this, although it has already disappeared from Imageshack) don't paint a pretty picture for a healthy PvP future.

Of course, it is quite reasonable to suggest that this entire situation is the fault of the player population. I completely agree that each and every one of the people who willfully benefited from this unforeseeable, unlikely exploit of a perfectly designed PvP arena should possibly be burnt at the stake or should at least suffer a public flogging. After all, if I left an inexhaustible bucket of money unguarded in the street and people kept coming to take it, I would also proclaim that this is not how I intended my bucket to be used and that they should stop. However, I would only deliver my proclamation after they had taken my money for over 6 hours and potentially put my country's economy into crisis.

To be serious for a moment, the damage has been done so I guess it's either time to: suck it up, admit the slight faux pas and rollback or leave it as is and deal with the after effects, for which I won't bother to speculate because it's all subjective anyway.

Tough call. I hope you take the decision to back out the patch and the player progression since and I hope that the player population can recognise that leaving the situation as is may have the potential to ruin the game for everyone in the (not so) long run.

Note to self: faith is a good thing but ultimately requires that you deliver up front. Ensure that you only commit your faith in monthly terms, instead of 6 months, in future :(

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting, you must be the most delusional creature on the planet.

People at level 50 fighting it out on Ilum are the vast minority compared to the vast majority of the playerbase that isn't even near to get there.

Demanding for them to completely void the progression of the vast majority in order to hit the vast minority is ludicrous. The only thing you should be asking for is exactly what they promise, for those in that vast minority to be pinpointed and adressed individually.

There's no other solution in the realm of realism. Simple as that.

So I'm curious of all the people posting here, how many of you were actually impacted or affected directly in some way by this? Probably none.

Given that bioware obviously looked at the data and determined there was no need for a rollback based on actual data, not a bunch of rumors and forum posts blowing things proportionality out of the water.

In actuality, none of you know how many people or at all if this was even a huge issue you're basing it off nothing. Perhaps a small % of people did get a large percent of valor even so it clearly wasn't enough to warrant them doing something like a rollback which is greatly worse.

So please continue buying into your own know it all attitudes that this was the most serious issue ever because someone said something here, and posted a screenshot there.

Are you *********** stupid? Un Subed.

Ya i just logged off it sickens my stomach. Went to Illum and sat there at 3 fps not bieng able to do anything as a melee listening to scrubs and noobs brag about how they have recieved 10 valor ranks in a hour or 2. All it is iss 300 imps sitting in the base with aoes from both sides bieng channed with 10 people spamming heals on turret. and dont forget all the people facing the walls afk. Sickens me after all the hard work ive put in. I went to republic fleet and saw people ive never even noticed before running the champion and bm vendors out of stock.

I have no idea what to say.

So effectivily you took all of this time to do... what exactly? I don't care that the patch was exploited, thats naturally going to happen.

But the long awaiting reponse was, we're aware, he's a half hearted solution and we can't be bothered to fix the mistake.

Great - now all of the Republic players are going to unsub and balance will be even worse... just roll the valor back already.

Yeah and what about all the people that get effected by a rollback that didn't exploit, and they unsub? It's more than you people in here by leaps and bounds.

Me as a Republic player fighting back:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4026/screenshot2012011823380.jpg

Let's not forget the fact I'm all about single target melee dps with ability stuttering (go sentinels). Throw horrific lag/spikes into the mix. And random loading screens during gameplay.

I know for a fact Imps were doing 2-3 times that amount every minute (sith bud of mine).

Thanks for rendering my legit Battlemaster title useless.

Don't forget, you get bonus for each kill based on objectives owned....upto 400%, you only control 2 objectives which I believe is 150%...so thats not even close to the valor per kill you can get.

I was getting minimum 120

All i have to say is you dev's are morons. How can you expect servers with this kind of population imbalance to have forced world pvp and ever actually succeed at it? Even leveling I was being res camped at med droids by 20-30 sith in a single spot and we didnt even have that many republic on the entire planet server.

If you guys do not roll back the Valor for everyone with this exploit you will lose most of your republic population I can almost guarantee you. Noone wants to play a game that just got 90% of the enemy faction Battlemaster rank in a single night.

Maybe you guys should get off your tails and do a random server reset, + emergency patch to shut down the planet Ilum instead of letting these guys farm 10 billion Valor in a night, and not announce on the OP yet that you are going to roll back valor.

I can tell you that my guild is entirely prepared to quit en masse if we have to start contending with full battlemaster sith pvp groups at 50 because of this exploit.

Edited by Addoexatrum

BW rollback the servers for the good of your own game, if you don't you:

1. Really piss off people that have put in a lot of time working towards Battlemaster.

2. Ruin end game PvP... it will not show itself straight away as people only have the valor level advantage now, but in the coming weeks the gear advantage will become quite evident.

If you do rollback the servers, yes you will get qq from those that 'lose out' on today's exploiting, though in all fairness the majority will know deep down that it was never intended to be that way anyway.... failing to rollback will leave a sour taste in many people's mouths and I'm confident it will not be a subject that disappears from these forums for a long time.

How is this a giant last straw. Seriously people, the game is barely a month old. I mean, do you really have that lil patience. I've played a lot of MMO's in my time. In no way did I ever expect this game to be perfect or even close to it at launch. players exploited a fault in the system today. Republican players who repeatedly fed those taking advantage of it, your as much to blame as bioware is. You see a problem, remove yourself from it until it is fixed. Simple as that. You cry more than my five year old nephew. All of you crying about canceling, the community here will be much better off without you. For those of you who understand MMO's are under constant development, I look forward to sharing this game with you for some time.

Wow, well said!!

Edited by Trineda
removed inflammatory comment

It is not one mistake, but also how the mistake was handled. That makes 2 mistakes, and counting.

Bad sign, that.

Anyway, I've got my BM for when I come back. Thanks Bioware! (I'm joking, I'm never coming back)

And specifically, I want to thank Gabe Amatangelo, Principal Lead PvP for just doing an outstanding job. You've done what most would say was impossible. May the force be with you.

So...one mistake and yall jump ship? ****** player, you are.

Cmon guys...get your heads out your asses.

Stopping paying for a game that makes major mistakes like this, is ultra slow to respond, and then is dishonest in their communication with the customer is not even remotely a 'head in asses' action.

It is actually what most normal people would do.

If a plumber were to forget to seal the connection to the water heater, then sit there for a few hours with out turning off the water, and then lied to me about sealing the pipe, I certainly would not pay him to come out to continue the remodel.

It seems more something a the hyper fan would do, where they let a company walk all over them just for the privilege to pay them to for it.