Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

The MGGS is used for a datacron at the house of Thul on Alderaan and the Ice thinning gun is used for a datacron frozen in ice on Hoth. I'm pretty sure we can cross those off the lost for capturing the taunlet.

I don't think so.

The grade 47 Magenta Crystal needed the Refreshed and Sustained Tat buff, then the Orokeet (later put into the game) once again required the same buff. If the buff idea had been scrapped, we'd still be wandering around with little eggs.

I wouldn't be so quick to cross things out, especially the Ice Thinner, since it is very related to where and what we are looking for. The MGSS grapple node things are really easy to spot tho, and I'm sure if there was a visible one on Hoth, one of us would have seen it for sure, so I'd say thats a no-go.

Edited by TheCeleb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MGGS is used for a datacron at the house of Thul on Alderaan and the Ice thinning gun is used for a datacron frozen in ice on Hoth. I'm pretty sure we can cross those off the lost for capturing the taunlet.

Yes, and the Tattoine moisture buff 'was only' used to get the magenta crystal pre 1.2. Now it's also used for the orobird. Bioware has and will continue to use existing items/areas/whatever for multiple things.

Also, I seem to recall when I first landed on Hoth with a Toon I got an item that 'protected from environmental issues' or something. It was snow-gear of some sort. I had never known what it did, and sold it soon after, entirely forget the name as well. Does anyone remember this item, or know what its used for? (Was a long time back so I apologize if it was just some buff or something, but I just remembered about it).

If it does protect against weather conditions, could it protect from highmount ridge debuff/some exhaustion zones? Cause that would be a huge stepping stone.

Also, I seem to recall when I first landed on Hoth with a Toon I got an item that 'protected from environmental issues' or something. It was snow-gear of some sort. I had never known what it did, and sold it soon after, entirely forget the name as well. Does anyone remember this item, or know what its used for? (Was a long time back so I apologize if it was just some buff or something, but I just remembered about it).

If it does protect against weather conditions, could it protect from highmount ridge debuff/some exhaustion zones? Cause that would be a huge stepping stone.

I doubt this is involved, because you can only get this item once. They would not make the tauntaun require some kind of unique item which anyone who has leveled past Hoth has possible (even probably) already used.

If I remember correctly it was just a stim pack that increased your elemental damage resistance.

The MGGS is used resp. usable in several places. There is another place on Alderaan where it can be used and there is a place on the fleet station where it can be used. It seems pretty versatile, so while I wouldn't cross out anything in general, I especially wouldn't want to cross out this particular item.

Its Alderan and Hoth. this is just like the orokeet. You get the egg on alderan and then the rest is on tatooine. you get the NVCSSC or whatever it is on alderan and the rest seems to be on Hoth. I personally think that the frightend taunlet idea is on the spot. i think someone triggered the event by accident and that they were not prepared to catch it so it ran off. I also think spawning the event takes thinking outside the bix hence it being only done once on this thread. I think if we can spawn the trigger and somene wiht jerky buff/ or in inv wiht the creature catcher on hand will get the pet.

I think people are way over tinking this. Unfortunely i only have the items to make the jerky and no scheme so even if i found the trigger I couldnt catch it.

This thread is starting to get full of garbage posts! Please, If you're serious about this, read from the beginning before asking questions that have been answered 10 times already.

Don't post unless you have something important to say. Keep the flames out of here, and by god, read before you post!

This thread is starting to get full of garbage posts! Please, If you're serious about this, read from the beginning before asking questions that have been answered 10 times already.

Don't post unless you have something important to say. Keep the flames out of here, and by god, read before you post!

Agreed ... if you not gonna take the time to read the entire post .. just wait until it is solved and come back. lol

Ok...I think we can confirm 100% the jjerky is for the tauntaun . Reason I say this is we put a peice up on the GTN, to find it, you have to go look under "Pet" then select the green quality and hit search. Its listed under pet.

Ok...I think we can confirm 100% the jjerky is for the tauntaun . Reason I say this is we put a peice up on the GTN, to find it, you have to go look under "Pet" then select the green quality and hit search. Its listed under pet.

^THIS. finally new data.

Im actually going to compile the first 1000 posts and make a pie chart with these labels:

-New data/new theory

-Posts that have been stated or answered

-Posts that arent relevant

-Posts that pertain to Jerky crafters on different servers.

-Subbscriptions

Why? Because I KNOW that someone other than me wants a visual with this thread.

-W

Edited by Weftyo

^THIS. finally new data.

Im actually going to compile the first 1000 posts and make a pie chart with these labels:

-New data/new theory

-Posts that have been stated or answered

-Posts that arent relevant

-Posts that pertain to Jerky crafters on different servers.

Why? Because I KNOW that someone other than me wants a visual with this thread.

-W

This is a good idea. Let me know if you need any help. Yea It was bothering me that I couldnt find it so put one up to see how its listed. It being listed under pet and selecting the green quality is indeed important and solidifies it imo as a way to get it.

Gonna put this in the first post, but to be honest, part of me thinks it may be a glitch as it is technically a consumable item and just might have an extra purpose for a pet.

One of the devs hinted earlier saying "they dont smell bad only on the outside", which refers to what han solo said when he put luke inside his dead taun taun.

I think people need to look for a dead body somewhere

One of the devs hinted earlier saying "they dont smell bad only on the outside", which refers to what han solo said when he put luke inside his dead taun taun.

Do you have the source?

there are a few dead bodies laying around, however none of them clickable. a few of them give you info if mouseover them.