PVP since 1.4

earthtoearl

This is my experiance with lvl 50 PVP PUG matches, Harbringer server. (NOT RANKED)

The 1.4 patch has greatly benefited Imps over Reps.

Before 1.4 you would have win streaks, losing streaks, and a mix. Now the Imps dominate 90% of the time. It does not seem balanced at all. The fun is being sucked out of it.

Part of the reason why:

Imps run a lot more healers then Reps on Harbringer server. Therefore, the 1.4 healer buffs snowball into a huge advantage to the Imps. They have always had a edge anyway and end up gearing faster. This causes new lvl 50 PVP players to get discouraged and givie up and so Imps end up with better geared, more experienced players.

Ofcourse things may be different depending on what server your on and what days and times you play.

P.S. new glitches and bugs too.

This is my experiance with lvl 50 PVP PUG matches, Harbringer server. (NOT RANKED)

Before 1.4 you would have win streaks, losing streaks, and a mix. Now the Imps dominate 90% of the time. It does not seem balanced at all. The fun is being sucked out of it.

Part of the reason why:

Imps run a lot more healers then Reps on Harbringer server. Therefore, the 1.4 healer buffs snowball into a huge advantage to the Imps. They have always had a edge anyway and end up gearing faster. This causes new lvl 50 PVP players to get discouraged and givie up and so Imps end up with better geared, more experienced players.

Ofcourse things may be different depending on what server your on and what days and times you play.

So because imp players on your server like to play healers that makes the 1.4 patch unfair? That's madness what makes it that way is by the sounds of it every reb on your server wants to be a dps hero that's and not supporting playr's in war zones, re-roll if you can to a healer if your class allows, and support your side .

And I've not seen on glitch in the war zones from 1.4 and I've run hundreds in the last week or so to cap 3500 ranked and 2000 normal before i hit 50 a few days ago and I've not seen any in the countless I've done since.

So to answer you NO the patch hasn't, what has is the unwillingness of your server to roll healers that has done this not the patch.

Part of the reason why:

Switch to Red Eclipse, we have the exact oposit situation. Rep win over 80% of the matches, with Imp desperately trying to get comms to get better gear.

There are so many other things they could do to fix the game. Somehow make ranked warzones more attractive for teams would remove the coordinated teams that make PUG PvP impossible as Imp on my server.

Or maybee try to use some sort of matchmaking system for the PvP queues. At least on my server, the queue times are really low nowadays, i wouldn't mind some more queuetime to get more evenly matched teams. About one game out of four is not decided from the lineups. The rest of the games normally ends up with hutball victories in about 5 minutes, void star defeats in minutes, alderan defenses with Reps holding all three defence points for a couple of minutes all games.

Thats the reason for people quiting the matches, they want an even game, not just losing big without even getting one control point.

Part of the reason why:

Yeah this is way subject to server...When Rakata Mind Prison population dropped there were 2 Pub premades that ran seriously 8 plus hours a day and won 99% of their matches...They were full WH in no time....That server was easily 70% to 30% favoring Imps.....

So in reality population gap has nothing to do with it...and Even if there are only 20 Pubs on you server if they are all Pro they will actually have the gear advantage due to fast queueu pops and high win ratios.

Of course eventually on RMP all the Imps stopped queue'ing unless they were a premade which inturn basically killed what was left of PvP on that server until the merger.

Part of the reason why:

when one faction starts rolling the other after a patch, it's usually an indication that ppl who were on breaks came back. ;)

Part of the reason why:

Harbinger is relatively balanced. Early in the day seems biased towards reps, while the better Imps log in at night. But even so, it doesn't ever seem to favor one side or the other for very long. If anything, the transfers (the patch is irrelevant to the OP) bolstered the Imps in a positive way. Prior to, reps certainly held the upper hand minus a few stand outs like Full Resolve and the Ascendancy gang. Besides the few good players though, Imps were in a bad shape. The way things are post-transfer however, is great. I'd rather lose intense matches all night than faceroll to a win.

Get some friends on vent, organize or play well enough to get noticed and you may receive an invite to an existing premade. This is a problem that you can fix. Good luck

- Jolly'o Goodshow

Edited by Sowwy

Switch to Red Eclipse, we have the exact oposit situation. Rep win over 80% of the matches, with Imp desperately trying to get comms to get better gear.

It must be a time of day or luck of the queuing thing because I'm also on Red Eclipse and it seems like generally the Imps are in the lead in recent weeks (solo level 50 that is) !

Evenings especially, for example tonight, Imps are just hitting win after win in the WZ instances I have ended up queuing into. (1 Rep win, 5 Imp wins)

This has nothing to do with patch 1.4, of course. Probably reflects when premades tend to queue and other factors as well. I must obviously not be queuing at the right time of day then:)

Edited by Theagg

It must be a time of day or luck of the queuing thing because I'm also on Red Eclipse and it seems like generally the Imps are in the lead in recent weeks (solo level 50 that is) !

Evenings especially, for example tonight, Imps are just hitting win after win in the WZ instances I have ended up queuing into. (1 Rep win, 5 Imp wins)

This has nothing to do with patch 1.4, of course. Probably reflects when premades tend to queue and other factors as well. I must obviously not be queuing at the right time of day then:)

You may thank the guild Peace is a lie for that :-)

Part of the reason why:

u can reroll to the bastion,

the situation is completely opposite,

pubs always have healz, but imps don't.