SM EC Requirements

Depends on how competent you believe your raid group is, the skillful can do it in full Columni, the average usually go with a mix of rakata and columni (leaning mostly towards rakata). The not so bright will struggle with any set of gear.

Depends on how competent you believe your raid group is, the skillful can do it in full Columni, the average usually go with a mix of rakata and columni (leaning mostly towards rakata). The not so bright will struggle with any set of gear.

Full Columni for everybody would make it a rough trip, even in 8 man. The average would want full Rakata, especially healers.

Mostly rakata + some columi should be doable for sure.... though kephess hits like a rabid mad-dog in heat... hit our healer for 27k damage once on story mode when I lost aggro during kite-taunt, so make sure your tanks and healers are the most well geared.

Full Columni for everybody would make it a rough trip, even in 8 man. The average would want full Rakata, especially healers.

Er, the OP did specify story-mode EC. A few bits of Rakata would be nice, although itemised Columi would be even better.

For story EC, there's no way your healers have to be Rakata though. Healers can comfortably lag behind the raid in gear for all content in this game.

Er, the OP did specify story-mode EC. A few bits of Rakata would be nice, although itemised Columi would be even better.

For story EC, there's no way your healers have to be Rakata though. Healers can comfortably lag behind the raid in gear for all content in this game.

Note I said would want, not had to have. A group of 8 average players would not succeed in SM EC with Columni level gear, I say this only based on seeing it on our server.

Note I said would want, not had to have. A group of 8 average players would not succeed in SM EC with Columni level gear, I say this only based on seeing it on our server.

Fair point.

Part of the problem with specifying 'requirements' is the terrible itemisation in this game. "Full Rakata" gets tossed around a lot, yet for the most part it's worse than a Columi set that has been appropriately itemised. It's somewhat of a grey area.

I still think that the minimum gear requirements for healers lag behind those for DPS and Tanks on average in this game, but... that's very dependent on how good your group is at avoiding unnecessary damage, so on balance I'd agree with you.

Fair point.

Part of the problem with specifying 'requirements' is the terrible itemisation in this game. "Full Rakata" gets tossed around a lot, yet for the most part it's worse than a Columi set that has been appropriately itemised. It's somewhat of a grey area.

I still think that the minimum gear requirements for healers lag behind those for DPS and Tanks on average in this game, but... that's very dependent on how good your group is at avoiding unnecessary damage, so on balance I'd agree with you.

Healers lag behind as long as Tanks don't. Both lag behind, things start to get scary. Lol