Colicoid War Games....Seriously?

Just wanted to put my experience doing this instance tonight.

Also, Spoilers for the entire instance if you havent done it already, so dont read unless you dont give a damn

First the turrets. We wiped the first time because we didnt know we dismounted the turrets when we clicked on enemies. We thought something like a new actionbar would come up for vehicles like in WoW did.

2nd attempt we wiped because we still didnt realize the turrets were automatic

3rd attempt we wipe, but we were using all 4 turrets, but we decided to have me heal instead of turret dps, after our 3rd wipe.

4th attempt, I stand near a turret because I figure the turrets will naturally shoot people off of them, so if I stood near one, I would be safe, boy was I wrong.

5th attempt. We decide to kill the ranged first, have me standing on the middle box, and we all aim inward to shoot the targets behind us, so when they aggro, they have to run farther.

We did it.

Then we come to 2nd turret phase. Needless to say we were pissed to do this again. But we did same strategy, and 1 shotted it.

Now we wiped on the mobs before the 2nd part of the games, the maze part, due to people being afk when tank pulled, but we eventually got to maze.

So now we are at maze. We are looking at the fire being spewed, and naturally we attempt to run to left mob when the fire was not there, little did we know the fire didnt really mean anything, but the mob sure did, because we attempt to kill mob and we all get knocked off edge.

So we were pretty pissed, we come back to do it, put our backs facing the wall, but not actually physically touching the wall with our backs, we were still doing it a couple yards away, and due to this, one person died, but we killed the mob.

Also, I think the mobs knockback in a circle pulsating outwards way. It doesnt matter where the character is turned, it matters where the character is in relation to mob. We didnt realize this until like....3/4 of the way done with the maze.

And now of course the whole barriers thing. Well, it took us awhile to figure it out, but we did, but the thing that made that entire maze place gay, was that random adds would hover up from the bottom of the map on the maze, while we were in the middle solving the puzzle, so then random people got aggroed, and we would naturally come together in order to help each other out, but ofcourse the barriers would block some people in.

We probably wiped due to this like an extra 3 times maybe? Oh and by the way, 1 guy left during the first wipe on maze. But we got a lvl 37 to come in and she stuck with us, so thanks whoever that was.

So after finally sighing with relief that we got past the maze, we go to the console and now see the enemy Republic show up.

At this point, we just want the *********** instance done, we dont want to fight these Republic scum, but we are getting ready to attempt to fight them, but then the most glorious thing happens.

We get the option to kill them where they stand due to a Dark Side Choice. We splice the console and make the enemy turrets kill them.

Needless to say, we almost ****** our pants due to the break we got, and we couldnt stop laughing our asses off.

But the entire epic moment happened at the final boss fight, which is what prompted me to comment on some Colicoid forum in the first place.

So the final boss uses those missiles from the air attack, and kills all 3 of my party members, but not me since I dodged them. So naturally I realize its a wipe, but I continue to heal myself and continue on just so i can learn what he does and gain experience.

But I do that for about 30 seconds until I realize, "Holy ****. I think I can actually survive this guys attacks" I did it by cleansing myself of the fire buff, and healing before he launched his multiple airstrike missile, and just dodge them.

But here is the truly epic part. I tell my guys to run back, to see if we can still fight him.

AND WE COULD! AND THEN WE KILLED THAT MOTHER ****ER RIGHT THERE AND THEN AND WE FINISHED THAT INSTANCE! WE WERE SO *********** HAPPY!

TL;DR **** this instance, never doing this **** again, but I did enjoy learning the instance and finally getting it down, just a huge *********** tedious amount of time went into it

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN!

A guildie told me it was buggy - but after trying it for myself:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN! Not even bugged - but straight broken.

Haha...seriously please fix sometime soon, it's kinda embarassing.

There is only 1 thing to reply to this.

LEARN TO PLAY.

kkthxbb

After spending a full night in CWG i understand why it took me a week to even find a group there haha.

I did this one yesterday, in pug and ill tell you if i even had the slightest idea what i gave my self into id never do it. Ill never do it again and thank god its done!

I can understand its easier in guild as you often have better patience and a straighter communication. In pugs people tend to speak over eachother and its hard for even me to stand still at a console not knowing why and not pressing or pressing something.

The biggest issue we had was the fast respawn of the patrol. As i was needed up front to pick the ads up and sometime even blocked figuring the shields out the ptrl spawned back ganking another dude wicgh lead us to wait for the corpse run etc etc.

You realy cant ad that time pressure to a confusing element unless you want to piss people off =)

/Cheers

Just wanted to put my experience doing this instance tonight.

Also, Spoilers for the entire instance if you havent done it already, so dont read unless you dont give a damn

First the turrets. We wiped the first time because we didnt know we dismounted the turrets when we clicked on enemies. We thought something like a new actionbar would come up for vehicles like in WoW did.

2nd attempt we wiped because we still didnt realize the turrets were automatic

3rd attempt we wipe, but we were using all 4 turrets, but we decided to have me heal instead of turret dps, after our 3rd wipe.

4th attempt, I stand near a turret because I figure the turrets will naturally shoot people off of them, so if I stood near one, I would be safe, boy was I wrong.

5th attempt. We decide to kill the ranged first, have me standing on the middle box, and we all aim inward to shoot the targets behind us, so when they aggro, they have to run farther.

We did it.

Then we come to 2nd turret phase. Needless to say we were pissed to do this again. But we did same strategy, and 1 shotted it.

Now we wiped on the mobs before the 2nd part of the games, the maze part, due to people being afk when tank pulled, but we eventually got to maze.

So now we are at maze. We are looking at the fire being spewed, and naturally we attempt to run to left mob when the fire was not there, little did we know the fire didnt really mean anything, but the mob sure did, because we attempt to kill mob and we all get knocked off edge.

So we were pretty pissed, we come back to do it, put our backs facing the wall, but not actually physically touching the wall with our backs, we were still doing it a couple yards away, and due to this, one person died, but we killed the mob.

Also, I think the mobs knockback in a circle pulsating outwards way. It doesnt matter where the character is turned, it matters where the character is in relation to mob. We didnt realize this until like....3/4 of the way done with the maze.

And now of course the whole barriers thing. Well, it took us awhile to figure it out, but we did, but the thing that made that entire maze place gay, was that random adds would hover up from the bottom of the map on the maze, while we were in the middle solving the puzzle, so then random people got aggroed, and we would naturally come together in order to help each other out, but ofcourse the barriers would block some people in.

We probably wiped due to this like an extra 3 times maybe? Oh and by the way, 1 guy left during the first wipe on maze. But we got a lvl 37 to come in and she stuck with us, so thanks whoever that was.

So after finally sighing with relief that we got past the maze, we go to the console and now see the enemy Republic show up.

At this point, we just want the *********** instance done, we dont want to fight these Republic scum, but we are getting ready to attempt to fight them, but then the most glorious thing happens.

We get the option to kill them where they stand due to a Dark Side Choice. We splice the console and make the enemy turrets kill them.

Needless to say, we almost ****** our pants due to the break we got, and we couldnt stop laughing our asses off.

But the entire epic moment happened at the final boss fight, which is what prompted me to comment on some Colicoid forum in the first place.

So the final boss uses those missiles from the air attack, and kills all 3 of my party members, but not me since I dodged them. So naturally I realize its a wipe, but I continue to heal myself and continue on just so i can learn what he does and gain experience.

But I do that for about 30 seconds until I realize, "Holy ****. I think I can actually survive this guys attacks" I did it by cleansing myself of the fire buff, and healing before he launched his multiple airstrike missile, and just dodge them.

But here is the truly epic part. I tell my guys to run back, to see if we can still fight him.

AND WE COULD! AND THEN WE KILLED THAT MOTHER ****ER RIGHT THERE AND THEN AND WE FINISHED THAT INSTANCE! WE WERE SO *********** HAPPY!

TL;DR **** this instance, never doing this **** again, but I did enjoy learning the instance and finally getting it down, just a huge *********** tedious amount of time went into it

That more or less was my experience with my first (and only) run of this instance, except that we had a bunch of at least semi-experienced people that managed to not "stand in the fire (or rockets)" on the last boss so we just killed him easily. Although the red target markers on a brown (?) underground were terribly hard to see so we probably spent more time on him that we should as we probably ran around more than we really should have.

The first turrets (we didn't do the fire inward thing, it's still doable, but effin' hard) and the knockbacks in the maze were by far the hardest here (and trying to explain how the maze worked to the rest once I figured it out, but at least that didn't kill anybody ;)).

Edited by MareLooke

Look, I understand people may not have the experience in games to instantly realize it's a gauntlet that requires precise targeting of the droids first and I can understand the clueless starting of the event because it happened to me as well. I'm getting kind of burnt on out on the whole bugged/broken/hard/*** forum posts plaguing my threads.

• Holding right click to aim(move camera) gun at bugs is not a difficult concept after 1-4 attempts.

• yes, droids do a **** ton of damage.. kill them first.. hell, the first droid can be killed before it attacks

• no bugs should be getting near you since guns do AoE AND penetrating shots

• knockbacks happen 24/7 in maze, plan accordingly

I have to say I loved this instance, not because I "didn't have problems" but because I enjoyed the thoughtful side and mechanics that make it "difficult."

There's a lot of confusion about this instance, but it's all simply demonstrated here. First part of 3, but it shows how simple the turret section is once you know what to do. And after watching this, you will!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Edited by crammus
Added links

• 2 weeks later...
Does any one mention that all you have to do is use the keys to aim the cannons in the first part? here i am trying to click and kill, no luck, right click and i'm out of the cannon, arg! sickly simple, rotate with keys and let cannon shoot as it will and pray...

I did my first run of this Flashpoint yesterday after an exhausting run through three others. I have to say, I thought it was amazing. I loved the layout, the strategy, and the challenge. It certainly wasn't a "kill everything now!" kind of flashpoint. I think they did a great job of presenting something very different to the player... a puzzle. It reminded me a bit of some of the thinking I had to do when I ran through God of War, 1-3. I love that! I hope to play this flashpoint again, though not too soon. It was brutal.

First, someone made a comment about how everyone had to be a tank. Completely not true. I play a tank, but the three others were the standard spread. We did very well considering we attempted it with no tutorial and no outside info. The turrets were neat, and a bit counter intuitive... aim over your opposite ally? Weird. But, it works so much better when your allies are in your field of view and you're covering their back. The second set of turrets, one of them dissapeared. We fought it through in one shot with only three guns... I don't know if that was intended or a bug, but whatever. Our healer jumped off his and threw heals out everywhere...lol. Great job, Greywolf Thewise!

Now, on to the maze. First, panicking over the fire and the knockback seems silly. Each toon at that level has this thing they can do which will knock back the enemy. There was only maybe 2 enemies at this stage which were immune to that effect. Simple strategy? Jump next to them, knock them off the platform. Done. Moving on. I don't see why so many people complained about the bugginess of this part. If you're patient and can wait for your knockback cooldowns, you can hit the terminals and send one guy along to the next pretty easily. The spawns didn't pop until we were advenced to the next phase of the puzzle so we were all available to help defeat it... these were usually the ones who couldn't be pushed.

Funniest thing I've seen in the entire game? The last droid. Oh, wait... the arena beasts. Yeah, whatever. CC and Tank and Spank. Done. So... last droid. I learned the hard way that you can't go toe to toe with this guy, even with the best tank, best gear, and best healer. You just can't. He killed me in like... maybe 2-3 hits. I hit every button I had for damage reduction, shielding, force healing, rage... healer was popping all he could. I held hate fairly well... right up until I died. Luckily, the droid's health was... 1/4 down by that point. What I saw after that was inspiring and epic. Three PCs, a healer, a powertech, and a sorcerer, all kited this thing until the bitter end. They did an amazing job at keeping the droid at range, and pelting it with attacks from a safe distance. Really good show to be seen from my back!

So, I guess my summary is: Epic. Really well done. I love it. Points of advice: 1) Use Vent, if you can (we didn't). 2) Don't rush. 3) Don't get all up in the last droid's face.

-Kebesh

What's that? You actually have to attempt content more than once to figure out the mechanics and make a working strategy? Damn, that almost sounds like progression! How dare they make me have to think to progress in this game. GIEF ME MOAR EASY MODE CONTENT!

use your brain and find a tactic. Seriously BW stop making everything so fcking easy, this is not casual-friendly it's outright boring. If people are too bad to clear some contet that's the way it is!

Sorry... I don't understand what's being said here. Obviously I understand the idea that one would have to do more than just hack and slash to get through this one... that's a point a lot of us are making.

"This is not casual-friendly it's outright boring" is what confuses me. Sure, I can see how this flashpoint isn't casual-friendly... but boring? I found it to be quite entertaining, as I said in my previous post. It sounds to me like the poster is saying "it's boring because it's hard... make it easy so I can get excited!" I don't think that was the intention... sorry if I mis-interpreted.

I don't think BW is making everything easy, either. There are some pretty challenging flashpoints out there... Boarding Party, Athis, Cade. My question to the poster would be this: at what level are you attempting to complete these flashpoints that make you think they're so easy? I might make the point that if you're attempting them at +5 levels above the recommended level, it could get easy... but for those who run through them at the appropriate level... maybe not so much. Perhaps instead of attacking BW for delivering great content in the first place, we should look inward at ourselves and ask: "am I appropriately leveled and partied for this flashpoint? What kind of challenge should I expect?"

Anyway, enjoy! And troll responsibly!

I got all the way through this flashpoint with about half a dozen wipes, got really pissed at lag that kept me from noticing the missiles coming at me at the end, and left to respawn. By the time my ****** computer loaded me back the group had finished the flashpoint leaving me with 13K in repair bills and no rewards for finishing it WHAT SO FREAKING EVER!!!

One of my favorite flashpoints so far. It's not for the noobs.

Out of 4 attempts with different kind of groups, I was successful in 2. Coz the other 2 attempts, I was with noob group.

Kill the range mobs first. You can kill them before they could shoot you.

You can use medpack but it would throw you out of your turret. But you can hop back.

When I was with a noob group who doesnt know how to use the turrets (even after many attempts), I just Force Cloak to avoid costly repairs.

The second part where elites can knockback. It was so hilarious. I know it's gay to some. But even if one of us dies, the 3 could still finish it. My party could count on me coz I can handle 2 roles - tank or dps. It doesnt matter if our tank sits and watch us.

BTW, this flashpoint is for level 42, right? Yes, I have completed it once at level 40 and once at level 41. Yes all of us are at the right level.

I had an attempt with a level 49. He's so noob. He died first and very fast everytime. We just replaced him. He thought his level would carry us. Not on the turret part. LOL.

Edited by MrCute

One of the funniest instances in the game for us. Sure, the first time you try it (even after you read abt it) you will most likely die. Several times. But when ppl realise that you need the healer to be off the cannon and healing the shooters.... and when the shooters learn to cover each other...

In addition, remember that turret blasts are aoe so you can alow smaller melee drones to converge on your position and kill them all in two shots.

Rotating with RMB helps a ton (and no, it does NOT remove you from the cannon!!)

The labyrinth part is also fun ^_^

I was questing last night and socializing on mumble with some guild mates, two of whom were attempting to do this instance and quickly realized they were way over their heads. I and another joined them, so we were three DPS and one shadow tank (me), 39, 42, and two 50s. It was perhaps the most fun I've had yet in SW:TOR! We wiped once, and some of us were killed at various points during the run (really could have used a healer, especially myself when I kept instinctively drawing the aggro off the 50s), but working out the puzzles under fire was excellent fun! And the final battles in the Arena--really nice nod to Attack of the Clones.

And I got a really spiffy new double bladed light saber!

TL;DR: play this instance for an excellent time!

Edited by Bilirubin