Bioware going back on their word?

bartillo

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I get in I get in. I didn't preorder till later Nov sooo. I am expecting to be in like the 18th :). Those who got up early expecting to be in right away. Well, I feel sorry that is all you have to look forward too. Anyways, for those already in or going in soon. Have fun and hopefully see you guys around.

And I help old people cross the street and brush my teeth 3 times a day... no offense, but you seem to be awfully proud of your oppinion... even greeting all those who are already ingame... ***. :D

We haven't finished invites for the day yet, but I can tell you from seeing the list with my own eyes, no-one who pre-ordered in (for example) October is in the game - unless they made two accounts and registered two pre-order codes.

We're inviting more people later today, as stated.

like later as in the afternoon? that doesn't sound good. most of the servers are low.

like later as in the afternoon? that doesn't sound good. most of the servers are low.

"Later" includes the afternoon, yeah. It also includes 2 minutes from now, an hour from now... They could be planning a handful of waves over the course of the day.

I don't care how many people they invited. But knowing when the next wave would be coming would be nice. I don't want to sit here just waiting all day, but I want to maximize my play time, since I work early tomorrow.

Like most companies, they will string us along for as long as possible because they feed on it.

I'm not wanting to start anything but...If people that registered in November are in the game (and I'm assuming they are not) then it would seem that BW is going back on their word. I bought and registered the CE version of the game 9 days after it was available (at least I think so) and I expected an email this morning saying I could play today or maybe tomorrow at a certain time. That would have been acceptable.

I'm just finding the lack of communication from BW on who gets +2 and +1 access disturbing...<puts on troll face> almost like a certain other company that ran a certain Star Wars MMO into the ground <jk>

No, seriously I just want to know. After spending $150 to get "Early Access", I'd just like to know when that starts.

Patience is a virtue, unfortunately one people here seem to lack...

To most gamers, 'patience' is a very unfamiliar term, especially during the launch of new MMO's. Seen it happen dozens of time before, and it will only get worse, and worse until everyone's got access.

Will take at least 1 day or two before we start seeing some "This game sucks" or a bunch of other QQ threads. Maybe even less than that, but it's pretty normal behaviour.

- Elim

I'm not wanting to start anything but...If people that registered in November are in the game (and I'm assuming they are not) then it would seem that BW is going back on their word. I bought and registered the CE version of the game 9 days after it was available (at least I think so) and I expected an email this morning saying I could play today or maybe tomorrow at a certain time. That would have been acceptable.

I'm just finding the lack of communication from BW on who gets +2 and +1 access disturbing...<puts on troll face> almost like a certain other company that ran a certain Star Wars MMO into the ground <jk>

No, seriously I just want to know. After spending $150 to get "Early Access", I'd just like to know when that starts.

IF PEOPLE THAT .... that is a huge IF.

Did anyone else have their purchase date changed on the website and/or in the origin client?

My "Thank you for registering" Preorder email was on 7/21 at 8:19 pm, and both the swtor website and origin client showed a 7/21 purchase date last time I checked. That was I think 3 days ago. Now they both say Friday the 22nd.

If you say so dude. Last I checked no one was making you sit at your pc constantly hitting F5 to refresh your browser.

Besides if you think the 20th is better then sitting and waiting for an email then by all means just shut down your PC do some other stuff and simply log in on the 20th. Barring the servers being down I bet you'll get in :)

No thanks. I pre order in July so I can get in early--not sit here hitting f5. If they had told folks when they get in this would not be a problem. I say they have dropped the ball here and I am nearly out of goodwill for Bioware. Have a nice day hitting f5 :)

A concerned consumer in 2011 is now a troll. #firstworldproblems

A "concerned customer" isn't someone who assumes everything they are told is a "blatant lie".

In point of fact, the supposed "lies" about the grace period and so on were pretty obviously not lies - and you'd only need about two brain cells to rub together to figure this out. The information was quite clearly true in the past, and then something changed.

For something to be a lie, it has to be false at the time it was conveyed (and, if we're being strictly accurate, it has to be known to be false at that time). But obviously there was going to be a grace period until something changed. That does not retroactively make previous statements deceptions.

Just had a personal infraction from Mr. Reid for calling him a liar, and the post deleted.

WHAT DOES THIS TELL YOU GUYS?

HMM Infraction, yeah I can see that... post deleted calling him a liar? Yeah... Hi Rockliar!

You deserved it. I do not know what your problem is but you need to step away from the keyboard before you get banned.

Did anyone else have their purchase date changed on the website and/or in the origin client?

My "Thank you for registering" Preorder email was on 7/21 at 8:19 pm, and both the swtor website and origin client showed a 7/21 purchase date last time I checked. That was I think 3 days ago. Now they both say Friday the 22nd.

Yeah, I think I actually registered on 7/29/2011 but I didn't get my email until 8/3/2011 so...

Just had a personal infraction from Mr. Reid for calling him a liar, and the post deleted.

WHAT DOES THIS TELL YOU GUYS?

HMM Infraction, yeah I can see that... post deleted calling him a liar? Yeah... Hi Rockliar!

Considering that you violated the site's Rules of Conduct, and thus the same would have been done had you been addressing anyone else?

No thanks. I pre order in July so I can get in early--not sit here hitting f5. If they had told folks when they get in this would not be a problem. I say they have dropped the ball here and I am nearly out of goodwill for Bioware. Have a nice day hitting f5 :)

I don't think even they know when the next wave will be.

How they're prepping is good, IMO. The big concern is if they are letting people in out of order. That was a big reason why people ordered ASAP, so they could get in ASAP, so screwing that up would cause justifiable irritation. From a logical standpoint though, opening access in waves makes sense as it lets them adjust loads on the servers

I agree. The problem I have is with the method/timing of notification.