Developer Dispatch – Terror From Beyond

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Game Update 1.4 is coming soon and with it one of the most dynamic and difficult Operations in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

In “Terror from Beyond”, you will be called upon to face a mysterious new threat that has emerged from one of the most obscure places in the galaxy: the Gree planet of Asation. The Gree have been safeguarding ancient technologies on the planet for centuries, but seemingly on its own one of the technologies, called a “Hypergate” has been activated. Terrible creatures have begun emerging from this Hypergate, and the Gree fear the worst is yet to come. You must travel to Asation, close the Hypergate, and defeat whatever evil it has unleashed. Get ready to face the most challenging enemy yet. A true Terror From Beyond!

Watch the new Developer Dispatch video to learn more about this new Operation.

Nice.... 1st!

But yeah, this seems like an interesting new update and....THANK YOU for the companion customization! :cool:

But, can we finally get the "optimization" problem fixed. Sinse that came out (in what, 1.2 , 1.3?) multiple players have been having poor gameplay. I freeze every once in awhile (which is annoying my guild when we do ops / warzones) at almost any random location. It's really annoying me; and yes, I have my laptop updated.

Edited by Eillack

i wonder if companion skins with slave outfit and dancer outfit have been fixed. Many have been asking since 1.2, i bet no they did not. I do like the vid the new op looks interesting cant wait to run it with my guild. You guys should make another vid of what you put into the 1.4 patch, i hope the new op and wz( that i dont see) are not the climax of this patch and has a well rounded fix on many issues.

Why are the empire fighting against there own again?

In all honesty it is so far beyond a joke that so much of this content is empire vs empire that I wonder if the writers don't just get rid of the Imperial faction completely.

There can't be more than a couple of Sith Council members left, the emporer is insane, Darth Malgus is dead at the hands of fellow imperials, whoever the Ambasador to Voss is dead, the Dread Masters have turned against the Sith.

Can we please start to see something of the Galactic conflict of the Republic Vs The Empire. The writing has become bad fan fiction with constantly just having every Sith in the entire galaxy turning against each other to the point that there is nothing left of the Sith Empire from the timeline videos. Can we stop with the over played evil turning on its own and start looking at Imperial Characters like Grand Admiral Thrawn for inspiration.

Few things:

• Seems you guy forgot most people disliked more the new Dreadmasters helmets than the one before. BTW they don't even really melt well with the rest of their gear.
  • Still displaying and advertising with the same gear most players told you they don't like nor fits a SW setting.
  • Boss kiting again an again.
  • The boss going through the gate would perfectly fit a Call of Cthulhu MMO. Now can we have SW mobs plz?
  • Still no war between the factions

1.) Is the new warzone going to be available with 1.4?

2.) Is HK-51 going to become available with 1.4?

3.) Will we see Cathar in 1.4?

4.) Are THESE armor sets just placeholders for the real sets coming in 1.4?

5.) Will we have to wait for 1.5 for any of these things to be implemented?

I'd say that these are very important questions that the community needs answers to.

Edited by Xenotoxic

Why are the empire fighting against there own again?

In all honesty it is so far beyond a joke that so much of this content is empire vs empire that I wonder if the writers don't just get rid of the Imperial faction completely.

There can't be more than a couple of Sith Council members left, the emporer is insane, Darth Malgus is dead at the hands of fellow imperials, whoever the Ambasador to Voss is dead, the Dread Masters have turned against the Sith.

Can we please start to see something of the Galactic conflict of the Republic Vs The Empire. The writing has become bad fan fiction with constantly just having every Sith in the entire galaxy turning against each other to the point that there is nothing left of the Sith Empire from the timeline videos. Can we stop with the over played evil turning on its own and start looking at Imperial Characters like Grand Admiral Thrawn for inspiration.

It's because the Sith are evil and selfish and do not want to share power with anyone.

Sith fighting each other is part of the lore, look how many times we hear stories of Apprentices killing their Masters as a Final test, or just simple hate or greed; or constant executions of 'weak' Sith.

Yes they are self destructive and thus they always lose, but that is what defines Sith and they shouldn't change Sith philosophy, just because you don't like it.

Even if the empire had tons of great admirals, it wouldn't change anything. It's just like Elara Dorne said: The Imperial military was supposed to stand for honor and discipline. But my superiors discarded those concepts any time a Sith asked it.

The only way for the Empire to win this war would be to completely cast out all the Sith. Maybe do their own version of 'Order 66', just on all the Sith :jawa_tongue:, and once the Sith are gone the Empire can start seeing some reason for once. But then again If Empire will be under Reasonable leadership, what's the point of fighting the Republic? xD Unless maybe for resources or something...

Edited by Aelther

So 1.4 no longer has makeb, cathar and the raising of the level cap?

BioWare said that they have different teams working on different content, like pvp, ops, space missions, makeb, f2p, etc

And when one of them finishes their work they implement it, they do not wait for 3 or 4 teams to be finished to put all that stuff into 1 patch.

So 1.4 is new ops, all the other stuff will be in their own patches, once they're done.

And for those of you who always demand links, here you go:

Edited by Aelther

Why is everyone getting worked up about stuff that isn't in the video about this new operation. Its not about all of what's in Patch 1.4 just a part of it. Allthough I'll admit my patience is being stretched pretty thin waiting on stuff which was coming soon back in April /May and now "the Fall". Maybe it means something different in the US but its Autumn here in Europe and there are plenty of leaves falling so.............

Why is everyone getting worked up about stuff that isn't in the video about this new operation. Its not about all of what's in Patch 1.4 just a part of it. Allthough I'll admit my patience is being stretched pretty thin waiting on stuff which was coming soon back in April /May and now "the Fall". Maybe it means something different in the US but its Autumn here in Europe and there are plenty of leaves falling so.............

Still Summer till autumn equinox on September 22th :rak_wink:

Still Summer till autumn equinox on September 22th :rak_wink:

The definition of when Autumn starts actually depends on what part of the world you are living in and I see from Wikipedia it is, as you say later in the States than here in Ireland. I'm guessing though that our definitions of "soon" are not that different ...but Bioware's definition comes from a galaxy far far away!!

"By the end of this year" does NOT mean 1.4 people...

Why are you guys making up rumors that HK, Cathar, etc are in 1.4....get your facts straight please.

Pretty sure we were told (on the description of the HK video) that we would be seeing him "soon". It has been far longer than what I personally define as soon. It will be October soon; if we told that to Bioware I imagine they'd expect to see October in, say, 2-4 months :/

EDIT: Correction, just checked the video for HK and we were told "very near future". An even bigger lie :')

Edited by Mevan