My theory on the Eternal Empire.

Anysao

This has slight KotFE spoilers:

At this point I'll be surprised if the Eternal Fleet isn't of Rakatan origin, why? Because even up to Ch. 9 the game has been throwing hints at force-attuned characters. It is referenced to that Rakatan technology is linked to/relies on the Force, and sometimes even more specifically the dark side. We find those objects on Zakuul which activate in our presence as force-users, and it can be safe to say that the majority of Zakuul technology is based off of the same concept as Rakatan technology. Vitiate being thousands of years old has had a lot of time to figure out Rakatan technology (let's not forget he's the epitome of dark side energy) and under the guise of Valkorion implemented it in his 'ideal society' that is Zakuul.

I'm actually opening a separate thread here on the Lore and Story forum about the Eternal Fleet. But I don't think that the fleet is of Rakatan origin, because the Gravestone obviously is. My source? Simply because the doors on the Gravestone are identical to that of the Star Forge.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible the Infinite Empire and the Eternal Empire once had a war?

Most certainly no. Infinite Empire ceased to exist roughly 20 000 years before the events of KotOR.

Eternal Empire is a quite young state, most probably only 600-700 years old.

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo

Most certainly no. Infinite Empire ceased to exist roughly 20 000 years before the events of KotOR.

Eternal Empire is a quite young state, most probably only 600-700 years old.

/facepalm.

The Rakata had an Empire called the Infinite Empire, it ended about 25kBBY (Before the Battle of Yavin).

The The Eternal Empire is the government based on Zakuul founded by Emperor Valkorion, ie Now in game or 3,640 BBY

The eternal fleet has no known Origin as of yet, the Empire it served has not been named. The Gravestone likewise has not been identified by race or timeline.

It seems obvious if you look at the details, both the Eternal Fleet and the Gravestone are on similar design parameters, and clearly not something anyone has used in recent memory.

I suggest that the Rakata built both, or at least someone used their technology. That somewhere there is another Star Forge, and the Gravestone was a ship designed to counter that Star Forge, and to ensure the collapse of the powerbase of the Infinite Empire. I am sure this lore will open up to us as we move forward.

/facepalm.

The Rakata had an Empire called the Infinite Empire, it ended about 25kBBY (Before the Battle of Yavin).

The The Eternal Empire is the government based on Zakuul founded by Emperor Valkorion, ie Now in game or 3,640 BBY

The eternal fleet has no known Origin as of yet, the Empire it served has not been named. The Gravestone likewise has not been identified by race or timeline.

It seems obvious if you look at the details, both the Eternal Fleet and the Gravestone are on similar design parameters, and clearly not something anyone has used in recent memory.

I suggest that the Rakata built both, or at least someone used their technology. That somewhere there is another Star Forge, and the Gravestone was a ship designed to counter that Star Forge, and to ensure the collapse of the powerbase of the Infinite Empire. I am sure this lore will open up to us as we move forward.

And what's the point you're trying to make here...?

He asked whether these two Empires had a war. They clearly hadn't, since there's a huge chronological gap between them.

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo