Official Q&A Thread for June 15th Blog Post

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often send items between characters, and right now my friends list is filled with a lot of my own characters so they auto-fill when addressing mail to them (well, except the ones on the other faction). Would it be possible to add your Legacy's characters to the type ahead like you do for guildmates and people on your friends list?

Thanks!

About the social gear adjustment in 1.3 its great and all but there's one thing that is kinda bugging me. Will each faction finally have access to each other's CE vendor outfit? I mean i don't see why not and it is "social gear" not "Faction gear" and it would fun to use the imp trooper or pub officer outfit on either side, would it be possible to allow access to both outfits in 1.3?

Edit- In addition would it be possible to add in the centurion and champions gear sets back in as schematic boxes to provide more variety in gear?, and what about the rakghoul even gear? I created my current character after the event happened so now there is no possible way to get the social outfit, would perhaps purchasing them in a new vendor be possible as well as for future events?

Edited by OHARRIIS
Forgot to add this into the post

In previous question and answer rounds, it has been mentioned that the development team will be adding chat bubbles. As I concider that part of the communication systems set up in game, can we get a hint as to when/if it is coming?

Will we ever get living mounts, like Tauntaun and Bantha, either unlockable through the legacy system or as a reward from a quest series or ops end boss? Edited by Sauska

In last week's Q&A you answered a question from RCcarroll regarding Legacy item drops. You mentioned that these items are part of the "Artifact quality loot table." In general how are random loot tables defined, and when an item is awarded how is the loot table it originates from determined? Ar they based on planet? Item level? Item quality? How are they structured? Edited by HeavensAgent

is there any chance of showing if players are equipping a shield / focus it would show what players in pvp are tanking and there should be an animation for shields, these could be different colours /sizes and shapes of energy shields that everyone can see you holding.. i mean the guardian holds a saber in 1 hand a shield in the other yet this shield is not visible in the game

I understand that Humans were given a bonus of presence due to the fact that any profession (combat class) could be human. However why do Zabraks not get any bonus? After all Zabraks can be any combat class too..

Shouldn't they too receive some reward?

As a Lv 50 Powertech who is specced into Shield Tech and actively does PvP, one of the biggest problems I see is how usless any defensive stats become as every other DPS class in PvP gears up and optimizes their stats. Top end PvP has become all about burst damage/ healing and as a result well geared DPS classes can crit on at least 50% of all of their attacks. Crits automactially bypass Defense/ Shield Checks and the attack is only mitagated by our armor. Add to this that Kinetic damage (yellow damage) can never be shielded and defensive stats like Shield Rating, Absorb Defense aren't really worth stacking if you plan to PvP with full WH pre-mades.

Are there any plans to rework defensive stats in the coming year?

Current 1.3 information shows a change (and complete removal to extent) of 'on-use' external items (Relics & Adrenals) to eliminate burst. Much of the active PTS community feel this removes depth, individual strategy, and coordinated timing in PvP. Why has the development team decided to remove rather then readjust the values of 'on-use' relics and the reason behind boosting survivability in conjunction with decreasing selective dps?

Are there plans to address the various Jedi Knight robe bugs ? Some of the how been around since beta and there has never an official responce to the matter.

The well documented "big butt" issue has been known since December.

Really excited to see transfers coming sooner then was expected, however I was a little disappointed to find out I'm going to have to change the majority of my toons names. Why isn't there going to be a process to ensure the "Senior" toons keep their names. Eg, if you merg to a server that has a toon with the same name but the account is no longer paying sub shouldn't it go to the person who is paying sub? If both people were paying sub shouldn't it make the person who created the name last change it? Its a little disconcerting to know I could lose the names I've had over the lost 5+ months to someone that created a toon with the same name literally hours before.

I was wondering why the morality system was not used more extensively and with more definite consequences within the various class story lines and whether we might see more through use of this game mechanic in the future? Using the Jedi Knight class quests as an example and the potential male relationship with Kira Carsen as a focal point (beware of spoilers): at the point when you finally face Darth Angral and the Emperor takes control of Kira you could have been given the choice to spare him and let him face justice for his crimes, including slaying your previous Master (Light Side) or decide to end his evil b your own hand, both avenging your Master and your current lover. It would have been a very natural and fluid response to the event, but we did not see that occur. Furthermore, if you pursue your romance with Kira to its logical conclusion, you eventually marry her in a secret ceremony, one which could ultimately lead you to become outcasts (or renegades) from the Jedi Order. This would have given great weight to such a decision, beyond just being a mathematical equation wherein we get the best crafting/mission performance from our companion. Currently, marriage is a cosmetic event, which is at odds in such a wonderfully crafted and epic storyline. Might we see such consequences for our decisions in the future?

Is there a reason why Mercenaries are the only class that doesn't have an interrupt? I'd understand if we were one of several without this ability, but what makes us stand out enough to warrant not having such an important tool?

I have so many questions that have yet to be answered It's hard to pick just one, but I suppose the one I would like answered is in regards to future content. Will you guys be adding more species for us to chose from in the future, be it in an expansion or patch? Specifically Togruta or Nautolan?

Is there a plan on making legacy items and birthright items actually useable and worth 200 daily commendations? They are set for a specific narrow level range and should either be moddable or scale with level to become useful as far as I see it.

In its current state these items doenst make any sense.