Storage space and Player housing/cities... Bring back the fun of Galaxies!!!

HaloPheonix

Read through my post, and there are only three personal statements, one is already "I", turning "do we??" into "do me??" makes no sense, and the third is about wanting to customise our ships. Are you saying you don't want that option?

Your whole post is written in first person yet you presume to speak for others. Sorry mate, you aint the queen.

Deleting "Galaxies" tore a hole in millions of peoples hearts.

Thousands of Players Hearts at best considering subs peaked at 250k and had under 30k when it was shuttered.

That said I support more areas of player control, like housing, even if it starts with our ships.

:mad: Customers have to wait for the content to load.

Only once, or when they alter said content.

Here's some negatives you didn't consider:

More Lag, don't know why but it will happen

People complaining that they didn't want player cities

Eventually massive empty cities, because people buy the player housing realise there is no reason to be in these cities, and then avoid them like the plague

Suggesting player cities like SWG, then complaining about the massive load times? Doing so would make it worse considering that there would be constant change. The others are very important as well and the final thought is also dead on. I remember at the end these MASSIVE malls inside the Wroshyr trees and guild halls that were ALWAYS empty. The only use was to hit the shuttle pad because it was close to a mission objective.

Thousands of Players Hearts at best considering subs peaked at 250k and had under 30k when it was shuttered.

That said I support more areas of player control, like housing, even if it starts with our ships.

Let's also remember that those 30k subs at the end were also influenced by the compromised accounts of over 100 million users. Their offer of penance was a year free subscription to a credit monitoring service and 3 mo free of any or all current MMOs. I know, I was one, and one of the ones who logged back in before the end. If I'm one, you can bet I wasn't an only. I wonder how many of those were the "free" accounts?

Edited by Thylbanus

Obviously SWTOR is not going to become SWG. But why not incorporate more of the successful elements of SWG. And why not improve on these elements. Player cities are fine but have a reason to make them. One way of doing this is high end pvp and pve crafted gear that can only be produced via player cities. Another idea could be introducing more rvr whereby gtm tax prices are influenced by the areas of control each side owns. Reasons for space battles could be over player trade routes between planets. (this could also open up new objectives for the smuggler and bounty hunter classes) each planet could produce a special crafting material indigenous to that planet.

I want to see swtor become a living breathing community that is more player driven. but not at the cost of the wonderful story lines.

I am only throwing ideas out there. But 'someone' (not going to point fingers) here seems hell bent on stepping on peoples ideas without offering any alternatives. Its easy to criticize, lets not be so lazy and offer up more ideas. after all I am sure none of us want what ultimately happened to SWG to happen to SWTOR.

Obviously SWTOR is not going to become SWG. But why not incorporate more of the successful elements of SWG. And why not improve on these elements. Player cities are fine but have a reason to make them. One way of doing this is high end pvp and pve crafted gear that can only be produced via player cities. Another idea could be introducing more rvr whereby gtm tax prices are influenced by the areas of control each side owns. Reasons for space battles could be over player trade routes between planets. (this could also open up new objectives for the smuggler and bounty hunter classes) each planet could produce a special crafting material indigenous to that planet.

I want to see swtor become a living breathing community that is more player driven. but not at the cost of the wonderful story lines.

I am only throwing ideas out there. But 'someone' (not going to point fingers) here seems hell bent on stepping on peoples ideas without offering any alternatives. Its easy to criticize, lets not be so lazy and offer up more ideas. after all I am sure none of us want what ultimately happened to SWG to happen to SWTOR.

It's ok to dream your dreams, but there comes a time to realize you have to wake at some point. The way this game was built precludes such dreams. As C2-N2 likes to point out, "You can't make a shimmersilk purse out of a bantha's ear."

The alternatives are not out there for player housing as many point out, yet you want to push it. Why are you surprised when people push back? For goodness sake, it took almost a year to get the option to put a guild bank in your ship, imagine putting stuff ANYWHERE. At best in the next year or two, we may be able to hang trophies in predetermined hooks (a la, LotRO and STO). The whole push of the new expansion is to allow customization of the outside of your ship. At least that will be built that way.

As for pointing fingers, a mature person wouldn't have even have pointed it out. Yet you did, but I'm OK with that. Since I put the offerings for my ideas where they belong. In the Suggestions forum, not Community.

It's ok to dream your dreams, but there comes a time to realize you have to wake at some point. The way this game was built precludes such dreams. As C2-N2 likes to point out, "You can't make a shimmersilk purse out of a bantha's ear."

The alternatives are not out there for player housing as many point out, yet you want to push it. Why are you surprised when people push back? For goodness sake, it took almost a year to get the option to put a guild bank in your ship, imagine putting stuff ANYWHERE. At best in the next year or two, we may be able to hang trophies in predetermined hooks (a la, LotRO and STO). The whole push of the new expansion is to allow customization of the outside of your ship. At least that will be built that way.

As for pointing fingers, a mature person wouldn't have even have pointed it out. Yet you did, but I'm OK with that. Since I put the offerings for my ideas where they belong. In the Suggestions forum, not Community.

But I didn't point you out did I? You did that all yourself. Why? Do you feel a need to be recognized? Is your idea of self importance so vital that you need to be right all the time? Do you need a hug?

Listen sport, this is a valid thread. If it wasn't it would be deleted or moved and seeing you are not the site moderator then maybe for the sake of "maturity" you should show a little respect for the subject matter and post accordingly.

To put it plainly, if you can't say something of value to others then keep it to yourself.

But I didn't point you out did I? You did that all yourself. Why? Do you feel a need to be recognized? Is your idea of self importance so vital that you need to be right all the time? Do you need a hug?

Listen sport, this is a valid thread. If it wasn't it would be deleted or moved and seeing you are not the site moderator then maybe for the sake of "maturity" you should show a little respect for the subject matter and post accordingly.

To put it plainly, if you can't say something of value to others then keep it to yourself.

Um, he was saying something of value, he was giving you constructive criticism, he wasn't talking down, he wasn't being rude, he was pointing out that people have the right to offer their opinions about things. He also pointed out why your suggestion wasn't going to work, the technical reason is that it would require a total rewrite of the game, which is Thylbanus was saying.

Also nobody has even suggested that this isn't a valid thread, merely that you over-react to criticism, everybody on this thread and the other one has been exceedingly polite, but you seem to see rudeness were it doesn't exist. Ok, maybe I could be more finessed with my responses, but I tend not to see my bluntness until other people point it out, I see it as getting to the point, not shillyshallying about.

As for making suggestions of our own, we've all done that, mostly in the suggestion forum or cartel market forum, some of them have even been done (or something similar at any rate). If there was a relevant suggestion to this idea we would make it, really we would, but all we see is the problems in the way, and we are pointing it out to you.

Talk about the Pot and the Kettle. If you scan back through this post (and even the very same post, which I highlighted in white) and see the derision and spite (some of which seems to have been removed, but the quotes are still there)

And I don't care to hear from people saying 'this isn't going to happen' If we all listened to the naysayers we's likely all still be living in Europe thinking the world was flat.

Well I guess if I felt the need to be important I might point out and itemize your errors. But you know. I really don't care about being right or wrong. All I care about is seeing this game succeed and be more than just another online failure.

And I'll tell you this.... I would rather see 300+ posts about it rather than 1 superfluous postulation from a windbag with an over inflated sense of self worth, But that is just me.

Read through my post, and there are only three personal statements, one is already "I", turning "do we??" into "do me??" makes no sense, and the third is about wanting to customise our ships. Are you saying you don't want that option?

Your whole post is written in first person yet you presume to speak for others. Sorry mate, you aint the queen.

Hmmm... quite. Perhaps following your own advice BEFORE dolling it out is in order.

Edited by Thylbanus

His post was very reasonable and is simply pointing to the flaws in your ideas. That is more than fair and you need to accept it.

Edited by Arkerus

"Millions" of SWG players? More like 100K by the end.

That being said the next sandbox MMO should be World of Darkness sometime in 2016...

<----- Is very excited about WoD. If it's half as good as I hope, I know several players who will make it their MMO home. Hopefully it will release 2015; seems a realistic target date.

BioWare should implement some easy to do housing in the space expansion- our starships would be perfect and sufficiant imho, and them ships needs some much needed love.

new starships, interior and exterior designs, weapon+window+jet colors, able to remove companions, some easy tonuse item placings such as trophys and the like.

BioWare should implement some easy to do housing in the space expansion- our starships would be perfect and sufficiant imho, and them ships needs some much needed love.

new starships, interior and exterior designs, weapon+window+jet colors, able to remove companions, some easy tonuse item placings such as trophys and the like.

Not as easy as it seems. The star ships are from the words of one of the Dev's a nasty mess of code that they fear going near because of how easy it is to break 100 things by changing one line.

Not as easy as it seems. The star ships are from the words of one of the Dev's a nasty mess of code that they fear going near because of how easy it is to break 100 things by changing one line.

Well i expect more from a leading gaming company famous for rp elements and immersion and starship housing has been a topic on these forums since dawn of swtor-time.

Think the ROI would be huge for such features trough the CM- coding it right, or create a new codes from scratch, id pay top dollar to be able to at least have my characters fly the smuggler ship or bounty hunter ship alone.

Um, he was saying something of value, he was giving you constructive criticism, he wasn't talking down, he wasn't being rude, he was pointing out that people have the right to offer their opinions about things. He also pointed out why your suggestion wasn't going to work, the technical reason is that it would require a total rewrite of the game, which is Thylbanus was saying.

Also nobody has even suggested that this isn't a valid thread, merely that you over-react to criticism, everybody on this thread and the other one has been exceedingly polite, but you seem to see rudeness were it doesn't exist. Ok, maybe I could be more finessed with my responses, but I tend not to see my bluntness until other people point it out, I see it as getting to the point, not shillyshallying about.

As for making suggestions of our own, we've all done that, mostly in the suggestion forum or cartel market forum, some of them have even been done (or something similar at any rate). If there was a relevant suggestion to this idea we would make it, really we would, but all we see is the problems in the way, and we are pointing it out to you.

He implied I use the suggestion thread to give ideas and attempted to validated his criticisms as such.

My implication that this is a valid thread is rhetorical. and As I have implied it is easy to criticize. He offered no new ideas and just trashed others ideas. That takes no imagination or intelligence. For you to argue on his behalf makes me wonder why? If I am offended by irrational tripe criticisms of something I actually put effort into thinking about then that is my right and I am justified as such.

If you are butthurt over my bluntness perhaps it is you who over reacts.

I think that if someone is going to offer ideas we should all respect those ideas as if it was us who thought of them. Telling someone to stop dreaming or that their ideas and opinions are wrong is arrogant and uneducated.

These are forums designed for the exchange of ideas if you don't like the ideas then you have the right to present your own ideas. Raining on someone's parade accomplishes nothing but create bad blood and resentment.

The fact is that SWTOR is in trouble. We can all agree on that. Now how are we going to save it?

Edited by Marrius

Talk about the Pot and the Kettle. If you scan back through this post (and even the very same post, which I highlighted in white) and see the derision and spite (some of which seems to have been removed, but the quotes are still there)

Hmmm... quite. Perhaps following your own advice BEFORE dolling it out is in order.

Are you drunk? First of all your criticisms make no sense. Second, all you ever do is criticize. And third, before you go trying to insinuate bad things were removed check the dates of my edits. They are all before any responses.This leads me to believe you are just in this forum to troll. So (insert expicitative here) off!

He implied I use the suggestion thread to give ideas and attempted to validated his criticisms as such.

My implication that this is a valid thread is rhetorical. and As I have implied it is easy to criticize. He offered no new ideas and just trashed others ideas. That takes no imagination or intelligence. For you to argue on his behalf makes me wonder why? If I am offended by irrational tripe criticisms of something I actually put effort into thinking about then that is my right and I am justified as such.

I think that if someone is going to offer ideas we should all respect those ideas as if it was us who thought of them. Telling someone to stop dreaming or that their ideas and opinions are wrong is arrogant and uneducated.

These are forums designed for the exchange of ideas if you don't like the ideas then you have the right to present your own ideas. Raining on someone's parade accomplishes nothing but create bad blood and resentment.

The fact is that SWTOR is in trouble. We can all agree on that. Now how are we going to save it?

Surely the whole point of writing in a thread/post is either to give ideas or to question them, there is no need to imply that something is doing it's job. His criticisms were valid, they might not be what you want to hear, but if they bother you that much, challenge them in a meaningful manner, state what you disagree with and provide information (preferably with links) that disputes them.

As for taking no skill or imagination to criticise, it depends on how you do it, if you offer valid reasons on why something won't work, or offer information on why something isn't so, then it can take great skill. As for irrational, may I suggest you take a step back and read how you have responded to any criticism.

Also that comment is a perfect example of how you go over the line between blunt and plain abusive.

As for respecting ideas as if we had come up with them ourselves, I've heard this idea before, and it's a bad one, now ignoring where an idea comes from and evaluating it on it's own merits, that I do. And he didn't say stop dreaming, he said you have to accept reality, now if you base those dreams on reality then you can dream all you like. And the reality you are refusing to accept is that this game isn't designed for the elements you want to introduce, it would require a massive rewrite of the programme, more than what patches can do, and since all we are going to get is patches.

And I argued on his behalf because of the disparity of the quote given and your reaction, if someone had over-reacted as much against you, I would have spoken up in your defence. Now seeing how you react to any comment that doesn't agree with you, I'm going to stop posting in this thread, mainly so I won't have to read your next comment.

Again, you didn't do your research. SWTOR is doing better than it has been since a months after launch.

Check out EA Stock.

Notice how when SWTOR launched stock jumped form19.85 to 21.30, then began the long slog to the bottom as subscriptions fled like rats on a sinking ship to bottom out at 10.95 in late July of 2012. Step, stutter, falter, with SWTOR and other EA titles, but things start to head up. They announce SWTOR will go F2P, drop to 11.91. F2P launches at 13.05 and by the end of the month it hits 14.81. RotHC opens to 17.45. The Cartel Market starts showing real profit for the company and a few other things go well for them with their other franchises and jumps up 10 points to 27.78 at the end of August. At the close of business today you had 25.55. So not too shabby. They are up over 5 full points from launch, can't even cross your eyes to say that things are bad. (Makes me wish I had invested when it bottomed out :mad:)

Are you drunk? First of all your criticisms make no sense. Second, all you ever do is criticize. And third, before you go trying to insinuate bad things were removed check the dates of my edits. They are all before any responses.This leads me to believe you are just in this forum to troll. So (insert expicitative here) off!

Can you ever just reply without calling people names or be derisive? You are responding to my post showing your lack of respect (while demanding it), by being even MORE rude! Well I've tried to reason, tried to use logic, but it's just not working. Alex has even commented on it, and he and I are almost ALWAYS at odds. It takes a lot to align two polar opposites, and you did it. So I guess... Well done!

BTW Alex. Thank you. We may not always be on the same side, but at least we are respectful of each other.

*/salute*

Edited by Thylbanus

Again, you didn't do your research. SWTOR is doing better than it has been since a months after launch.

Check out EA Stock.

Notice how when SWTOR launched stock jumped form19.85 to 21.30, then began the long slog to the bottom as subscriptions fled like rats on a sinking ship to bottom out at 10.95 in late July of 2012. Step, stutter, falter, with SWTOR and other EA titles, but things start to head up. They announce SWTOR will go F2P, drop to 11.91. F2P launches at 13.05 and by the end of the month it hits 14.81. RotHC opens to 17.45. The Cartel Market starts showing real profit for the company and a few other things go well for them with their other franchises and jumps up 10 points to 27.78 at the end of August. At the close of business today you had 25.55. So not too shabby. They are up over 5 full points from launch, can't even cross your eyes to say that things are bad. (Makes me wish I had invested when it bottomed out :mad:)

Can you ever just reply without calling people names or be derisive? You are responding to my post showing your lack of respect (while demanding it), by being even MORE rude! Well I've tried to reason, tried to use logic, but it's just not working. Alex has even commented on it, and he and I are almost ALWAYS at odds. It takes a lot to align two polar opposites, and you did it. So I guess... Well done!

BTW Alex. Thank you. We may not always be on the same side, but at least we are respectful of each other.

*/salute*

How is telling someone they did not do their research constructive or helpful when at the same time you skew facts to try and make that person out to be ignorant ? As the post before me stated, EA is a big company and stocks in EA are not dictated by SWTOR. My final sentence was in an attempt to offer an olive branch in hopes we can get past this tripe. But it appears you would rather continue the argument for the sake of arguing.

I will grant you this you are not as direct as me. But your passive aggression is not lost on me either. You politely tell someone they are incompetent and act surprised when they react aggressively.

I am going to discontinue my subscription to this post because I couldn't be bothered reading your nonsense any more. perhaps If BW ever does cross server WZs we can settle our differences in a more productive way that actually contributes to the community. Until then I will pacify myself imagining it is your character I am blasting into dust when I meet an enemy in my server's WZ.

Tootles!

Edited by Marrius

Who is this "we" you speak of. As I don't agree the game is in trouble at least not right now and the post you responded to was in fact quite reasonable. I think it is important to remember that regardless how special player housing is to some people, it's actually a moot point for Swtor. I say this because as long as this game remains a theme park we won't see any sandbox elements. Furthermore, I personally think it would kind of be a waste but I'm ok with others wanting it too.

How is telling someone they did not do their research constructive or helpful when at the same time you skew facts to try and make that person out to be ignorant ? As the post before me stated, EA is a big company and stocks in EA are not dictated by SWTOR. My final sentence was in an attempt to offer an olive branch in hopes we can get past this tripe. But it appears you would rather continue the argument for the sake of arguing.

I will grant you this you are not as direct as me. But your passive aggression is not lost on me either. You politely tell someone they are incompetent and act surprised when they react aggressively.

I am going to discontinue my subscription to this post because I couldn't be bothered reading your nonsense any more. perhaps If BW ever does cross server WZs we can settle our differences in a more productive way that actually contributes to the community. Until then I will pacify myself imagining it is your character I am blasting into dust when I meet an enemy in my server's WZ.

Tootles!

Well for one you have to understand the ebb and flow of the stock market. Yes EA has many, many titles and projects that affect their stock. As each item expands and contracts it affects daily trends. There are long term investors and short term investors and it's the short term ones that cause all the extremes in fluctuation that you see. So a single day jump or drop is usually directly attributable to whatever news was released that day, sometimes even by the hour. So if you do a simple Google search or check the WSJ you will see what is announced each day. If there is nothing else to correspond to the spike, it likely the news of the day. So in each set, there were no other announcements other than the happenings that I cited.

It's amazing how much our stock market fluctuates off of a simple bit of news. Sometimes investors THINK that it MAY affect their stock, they will dump or buy as they perceive the news. It can be completely inaccurate either through interpretation or an error in news delivery that can send the stock market rocketing or plummeting. It will usually right itself once the information is corrected, but it can make for some scary moments.