Inquisitor story as an Assassin

Malganith

So I just hit 33 and go Ashara as my companion and despite liking the story as a whole I can't help and feel it was made more for the scorer and it's bugging me to no end. Maybe I just have the wrong idea about what a Sith Assassin does but the fact that it's an advanced class for Inquisitor seems a bit off to me, seems more of a warrior role.

Just wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts or if my desire to have branching story lines based on advanced class is clouding my judgment.

For those of you who haven't played it you run around finding ancient relics to before dark rituals etc etc.

Not to sure what you're referring to as what part of the quest line but if your talking about what i think you are then yeah i think it favors sorcerers more than assassins.

my friend went assassin the fight with darth zash took him a day to get past took my 5 tires as a sorcerer

Just a personal hang up I suppose but when I decided on Assassin I worked out the whole concept for the character in my mind and was hoping to do more of a seek and destroy high value targets and Jedi kind of thing, almost like oh I don't know an Assassin. I've been advised to re roll agent for that tho.

my friend went assassin the fight with darth zash took him a day to get past took my 5 tires as a sorcerer

What level were you guys? I did it as an Assassin on 2nd try at lvl 33 it's not overly complicated.

I have no issues with the story. sure it seems made with sorcerers in mind but assassin's are still force users, we just use it in a different way.

I know this my be ironic considering inquistors have been know for lightning...but I think there is too much damned lightning.

By that I mean every time I torture or kill someone....its with lightning. I either shock them over and over or I overload them with electricity.

As a Deception Sin....why cant I just cut them with my saber instead? Perhapse giving an option of how you kill/torture someone instead of just using lightning all the time.

It kinda takes away from the saber master assassin feel imo.

By that I mean every time I torture or kill someone....its with lightning. I either shock them over and over or I overload them with electricity.

As a Deception Sin....why cant I just cut them with my saber instead? Perhapse giving an option of how you kill/torture someone instead of just using lightning all the time.

I would also welcome the chance to drain their life with some manner of dark power, or use crushing darkness. Lightning is nice but I agree there being bit too much lightning.

ps. At least in some points of the story, inquisitor (and even sorcerer) kills people in dialog with lightsabre. Lightning is way more common I admit.

I know this my be ironic considering inquistors have been know for lightning...but I think there is too much damned lightning.

I know what you mean. As a Madness Sorcerer, I'd rather use Horror or drain them than shock them.

That entire questline does do an awful lot of hinting at how to do that final part easy mode. Trust me, I wiped on that encounter like a million times, even after leveling up. My companion kept vanishing after the first knockback. So I couldn't tell what the heck was going on.

zash was a pain.. bring ranged imo

Although I haven't played the Sith characters, I'll say that the consular quest line feels like it was written specifically for a jedi sage healer. I feel that a shadow/sage are so different compared to other ACs they should have split them into completely different classes all together.

I was hoping to be infiltrating sith compounds, recovering stolen information, tracking down sith assassins, etc... But instead I'm stuck doing healing quests and I don't even have a heal spell as shadow.

That said, the consular story isn't "bad," it just does not fit with the shadow class (as of Act 1). From what you are saying, the Sith line is similar in that regards. All the other classes are similar enough that their questlines "feel" fine with their advanced classes. It just makes it hard to get into the consular quest line as a dark-side jedi shadow.