The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Just ran a run with a PT tank on JC server...just under 40k hp. Tank never once lost aggro and rarely dropped below 75% hp, yet at the end, apologized for the "sloppy tanking" which I just found weird as this was one of the better tanks I have seen in recent memory lol

Just ran a run with a PT tank on JC server...just under 40k hp. Tank never once lost aggro and rarely dropped below 75% hp, yet at the end, apologized for the "sloppy tanking" which I just found weird as this was one of the better tanks I have seen in recent memory lol

I just started levelling a Gunslinger on JediCov, 'cuz I got sick of grinding end-game [DAILY]s on my level caps over and over and over again (on four other servers, lol).

Just having some good old lowbie pew-pew fun ATM, on Nar Shadaa, no Legacy buffs, no advanced crafting or money to feed him-- but I've dome a few FPs with him for the [DAILY]...and I must say:

I think --I hope, I pray-- that there seems to be a better quality of player on JC? Aside from the ninja'ing Shadow during Esseles, but that's what /ignore is for.

I just started levelling a Gunslinger on JediCov, 'cuz I got sick of grinding end-game [DAILY]s on my level caps over and over and over again (on four other servers, lol).

Just having some good old lowbie pew-pew fun ATM, on Nar Shadaa, no Legacy buffs, no advanced crafting or money to feed him-- but I've dome a few FPs with him for the [DAILY]...and I must say:

I think --I hope, I pray-- that there seems to be a better quality of player on JC? Aside from the ninja'ing Shadow during Esseles, but that's what /ignore is for.

For every 1 GOOD players we have on JC, I believe we have 10 that cannot tie their shoes without help....but that's my opinion lol

I've enjoyed reading this thread for a while now, but this is the first time I've posted here.

I was doing Hammer Station on my lvl 21 PT tank on the Progenitor server just now.

Group was me, lvl 21 Assassin dps, lvl 18 Mara and some random healer. The rest of the group zoned pretty quickly, but the healer for some reason didn't enter the flashpoint. We tried communicating, but didn't get any reply. Yeah whatever, I summoned Mako and we started clearing the trash.

My job was not made any easier by the mara who decided he should force leap everything in sight, leaving me trying to get aggro back once the fight had already started. Remember, no aoe taunt yet. :(

We finally get to the first boss and healer still haven't entered the fp. We vote-kick the healer and continue with Mako healing. Both me and the assassin are quite overlevelled so it's still easy. We queue up for a replacement healer, but didn't get any pops.

The mara continues to do everything he can to get killed. I manage to keep him alive, but at the same time I'm starting to get tired of his behavior. The assassin complains that the mara should stop needing on everything. I hadn't noticed since my gear was better than what dropped, so I selected greed on everything and didn't even look what the other were choosing. After a few more needs we get tired and tell the mara that he needs to stop needing and that he should let the tank draw aggro.

Needless to say, the mara runs ahead of the group and engages the enemy way ahead of the rest of us. We casually stay back and let him die. We then clear that group and what do you know, the mara selects need on the cunning gear that drops. I sigh and initiate a vote-kick, and the mara is gone as well.

Me and the assassin both wonder in group chat wth is wrong with some people. We then proceed to clear the whole fp efficiently with only 2 people and our companions. I don't think my health dropped below 85% a single time even during the boss fights. The healer I have no idea what happened to, but the mara ended up on two ignore lists.

Hey I'm that sin dps that was with you on that run :D!!

It's the first time i had to kick 2 members in a GF run, i'm used to have to deal with dps that pull before the tank as i've leveled 3 tanks through fps but this mara didnt even listen to the two warnings we gave to him, most of these wannabe tanks at least listen after u warn them to stop....

I still don't understand what was that healer doing lol:confused:

Was lowbie tanking on Hammer Station with my powertech, with a mara, an assassin and a merc healer. From the start the assassin starts pulling before me, I wasn't too alarmed because he was about level 20 (or 21 can't remember) and the rest of us at 17-18. During the 2 gold droids I noticed his health dropping fast but the merc healer kept us up well enough. The healer said he had to take a call so while we waited I noticed the assassin had dark charge up. I ask him if he's a tank or DPS and he said he's DPS and is speccing in madness. I told him he shouldn't have dark charge up and he swtiched to that lightningy charge (can't remember what its called). I had a better tme holding aggro after that even though he tends to pull ahead of me. At the section up the stairs he DC'd and we wiped. Waited for him to reconnect. Comes back and just leaves. Didn't have to wait long for a new mara to arrive and we make it without any issues. Best part is I recruited all 3 of them to our guild after that. :D

For every 1 GOOD players we have on JC, I believe we have 10 that cannot tie their shoes without help....but that's my opinion lol

Same for Progenitor too. A lot of groups I have been in have tank that doesn't know what tanking stance is. But every now and then you end up in group that has healer who knows what he/she is doing and tank that keeps aggro constantly (no way you can steal it from him/her and if/when you do it you get Guard).

Edited by Halinalle

Same for Progenitor too. A lot of groups I have been in have tank that doesn't know what tanking stance is. But every now and then you end up in group that has healer who knows what he/she is doing and tank that keeps aggro constantly (no way you can steal it from him/her and if/when you do it you get Guard).

It’s not that tragic on the Progenitor. At least in the level 55 HM FPs. I haven’t been in an FP that was a fail, or even close to a wipefest for ages. But there is an undeniable decline in quality (and unfortunately the numbers) due to the fact that pugging 16m SM operations is a faster way to earn those pesky ultimate comms. And because the better players don’t need the ultimate comms either. I on the other hand am queuing despite that fact that my weekly is done, and I’m at comm cap. An FP can be a good relax before HM and NiM opses.

And since nowadays I’m only queuing with my healer characters, it doesn’t really bugger me, when we get a tank or a dps who doesn’t know what to do. If they listen to instructions great, if not, who cares? We are so over geared at this point, that it doesn’t matter. There is not one single encounter in the HM FPs where you cannot heal through the mechanics.

To stay true to the topic name (and demonstrate the truth of the statement above), here a little story from the Progenitor last night:

I queued on my Commando healer alt for HM Czerka Labs. During the first pull one of the dps used knockback on the mobs, that were gathered by the tank. Stupid move I give you that, but our tank stopped right there (in the middle of the fight), to type in a very condescending tone, ordering the dps to stop that. Mental note to myself: this tank will probably snap at the next mistake the dps will make. And I don’t like his tone.

We were doing quite alright until we gathered the second security code, at this point the tank and I jumped down to the water to skip a few groups of mobs. Maybe one of the dps haven’t seen that, cause right when I wanted to pick up the last code, we were in combat. No biggies, while the mobs came for their slaughter, our tank had the time to write some “nice” words in the chat. Then we had a mutual name calling followed by a vote kick initiated by the tank against the dps. That escalated very quickly I thought to myself

Due to our tank being that abhorrent right from the start, I voted not to kick the dps – knowing full well, that this means that the tank has no other choice, than leave the group, if he wants to keep is integrity. After the vote kick failed, he wrote something along the line: if we want to play together with a dps that has an attitude like this, then we have to find another tank (look who’s talking). And he left.

I shrugged it off quickly and summoned my commando’s best pal Tanno Vik (full dps gear with a shield generator in tanking stance) and unleashed him on the Droid boss. Should I say that we had no problems from this point? The QQing stopped – yeah, Tanno has his remarks, but he’s always aiming those at the npcs, not at other players. The dps never pulled before my comp, they (or at least the second one who was the example of a perfect dps with a good gear) followed the correct kill order and also killed the adds during the Security officer fight.

Yeah during that fight, at the last phase Tanno went down to red circles. Even the dps ate a few of them, but as I told you, it’s easy to heal through these mechanics in our gear so no one was in any real danger.

For the last boss we got a tank from GF, and did that with ease to. Releasing all the adds at the same time. Cause you know, why not? :)

Said Powertech tank wouldn't happen to have been in full TT-17a Hydra armor, would they? One of the Czerka flashpoints?

This wasn't necessarily bad, as weird. Was on my merc healer doing KDY, in a group with 3 dps. One was a level 48 Warrior. That's all, he did not have an AC. I thought it was odd, but opted not to say anything. I figure maybe this person was experimenting on leveling up to 55 without an AC and would choose at 55. Also, KDY seems to be a more free-form FP, so a lot is forgiven. He also threw a fit because he was freeing the prisoners and I got one before he did. Of course he was ignoring mobs, starting fights without everyone present to start or at full health, just so he could get the prisoners. If you're going for achievement, that's fine, say something first - don't assume you're the only one that matters. If you end up doing stupid stuff, don't be surprised when someone figures out what you're doing and purposely spoils your time. I admit I didn't handle it maturely. By this time I was frustrated with this person's antics (this wasn't the only problem during the FP). No excuse, but then why not roleplay DS with other players? :rolleyes:

On the subject of KDY - it should become good practice for everyone to lay out the need/greed rules beforehand. Not that the rewards are that great (big whoop, a green or blue rep item most of the time), but courtesy should dictate that you greed when others do so, not need after everyone else greeds.

Said Powertech tank wouldn't happen to have been in full TT-17a Hydra armor, would they? One of the Czerka flashpoints?

No, It was the one of the full sets of rep gear from the oricon vendor, the yellow and black set, cannot remember the name of the gear for the life of me.

Met a prat the other day who insisted on killing literally everything "because he was farming xp" the rest of the group would be heading to the next area and the next thing we see is him dieing because he had run off to fight some obscure bunch mobs on the other side of the area even though the bonus was already completed.

He was eventually kicked from the group for being an annoying prat, claimed to not care but the hate filled whispers indicated otherwise....

Edited by bannsider

Met a prat the other day who insisted on killing literally everything "because he was farming xp" the rest of the group would be heading to the next area and the next thing we see is him dieing because he had run off to fight some obscure bunch mobs on the other side of the area even though the bonus was already completed.

He was eventually kicked from the group for being an annoying prat, claimed to not care but the hate filled whispers indicated otherwise....

Would it perhaps be this guy? :

I was doing Kuat Drive Yards with my Imperial Agent.

Because this new Flashpoint is gives a massive amount of Experience Points.

I can rapidly level my alts. and advise others that haven't done it that it is basically a fast forward to level 55.

So whenever I queue for Kuat Drive Yards I make sure to kill everything.

It was on the part when we have to destroy the weapons stocks that the Republic has.

So not to be used against the Empire.

the people in the group was my agent, 2 inquisitors and a marauder.

Anyway.

I was accused of trolling. and "pulling every mob in the galaxy"

I said I was hear for XP farming.

Then when the Inquisitors continued complaining saying "we would like to do this flashpoint some time today"

I said "It is your choice to bi tch. I am here to farm XP points"

One then said "it is our choice to kick you aswell"

I responded "go ahead, I am still going to get my XP points."

One of the inquisitors seconded the vote to kick.

And I was naturally annoyed because I got kicked for playing the game.

Kills+performing tasks = Higher levels.

So i just ignored them and logged off for the day.

Speaking of kdy, did one last night that confused the hell out of me. I was on my OP and got a pop. I see another slightly higher op heals in the group, figure he has the last heal in the tree that I don't have yet and ask if it wants me to dps while it heals. I always give this option when I see two healers, and usually the other guy goes dps, but it wanted to heal. Yay, I can just dps and forget.

Right off the bat the guy types into chat that since he is the strongest here he will lead. He took that as that he was now the tank, and yelled at a merc for opening up a fight. Instead of clearing the east and west wings he went strait up, by himself and died. I tried in vain to heal him, and of course it was our fault he died. For the bonus mission on this one you have to kill the elite loader before you click on the computer to turn in the quest, I told them that but they refused to come around to kill it. I understand not wanting to kill every mob, but skipping bonus objectives that are right there kinda annoyed me and I called him an idiot. Hell you can kill the two jedis and all the mobs up there, and then just don't turn in the quest till you kill the loader. But to refuse and give up 10k exp is odd.

One guy asks if we could hurry it up, I stop typing realizing that the argument is annoying someone and finish the flashpoint. Guy told me I wouldn't get anymore heals, seeing as I am an op healer I just laughed at him.

He also needed on the only equip drop in the flashopoint, a level 53 green helmet. I asked him why and he said because he sells it and called me a nub. While I was letting him die on a pull I checked his achievements, and he has never done any 55 content. So I guess since he is a healer everyone lets him get his way so they don't lose their healer, of course to a dps loosing a healer or tank is comparable to death in their eyes.

To give a contrast to Atyamans story, I present you Czerka Meltdown Raptus mode:

I was on my Commando healer with poor equip. He finally managed to reach about 23k and grinding gear with 50 FPs went too slow, so I decided to risk a 55 HM. I was quite confident, that it would work out, as long as I didn't have to heal through a certain sandstorm. After a while I got a group and of course I was sent to Czerka Meltdown.

So I entered the instance and decided to give it a try. I check the remaining group and see two Sentinels. Based on my experiences with Sentinels I was expecting a rather weak performance.

I walk ahead to click the first terminal, followed by the two sentinels. At this point the tank (Shadow, decently equipped) entered the instance and told us to wait (we were waiting near the first terminal). Based on his comments I got the impression that he accidentally ended up in a HM. The first few pulls went quite slow, because he requested a cc on every elite.

So we had a cowardly tank, two potentially weak dps and an incompetent healer.

Eventually we reached the desert boss. The tank didn't walk to the generator and we wiped.

One of the sentinels and I reminded the tank that he had to get to the generator.

Second try: The tank wouldn't get to the generator in time for the first generator and with my incompetent healing, we wiped again.

Sentinel and I told the tank, that he had to get the boss to the generator for the first rampage. The tank says that the first rampage doesn't destroy the generator. We convince him to try again.

After a 1-2 more tries, we defeat the boss not too much before enrage. The more talkative sentinel assures the tank that the next boss is easier.

Jungle boss: The tank gets kicked around over the whole map, leading to massive aoe-damage I couldn't heal through. In addition, he was basically running from one plant to the next, destroying it as soon as the boss had caught up. Unfortunately, the boss caught up faster than I and the sentinels did, so the tank was out of healing range (or hidden behind rocks and plants) and the sentinels couldn't do damage. Needless to say, we wiped.

Having tanked this boss many times, I showed the tank where he could position himself such that the boss wouldn't jump to him after the knockback. Again it took 2 tries, until he had it, but we made it.

On the last boss, I reminded everyone to walk out of the spin attack. They didn't. Somehow we still down the boss on the first try with nobody getting killed.

We give our thanks and go our ways. I still think that those bosses weren't impressed.

There is not one single encounter in the HM FPs where you cannot heal through the mechanics.

You can heal through the occasional mistake, yes, but I'm more than a bit sceptical on completely ignoring mechanics. I challenge you to heal through the following on hard mode:

Not getting out of water during charged plating at CZ-8X Eradicator Droid in CZ labs.

Dropping Vigilant's ion circles where you happen to be standing and not getting out of spin attack.

Not avoiding the fires at Athiss final boss.

Not standing on Project Sav-Rak in Lost Island when he does Sav-Rak Smash. (This is a bit unfair, but you did say there is not one single encounter where you can't heal through mechanics.)

Not moving to the safe square when General Ortol fires his rockets in Cademimu.

You can heal through the occasional mistake, yes, but I'm more than a bit sceptical on completely ignoring mechanics. I challenge you to heal through the following on hard mode:

Not getting out of water during charged plating at CZ-8X Eradicator Droid in CZ labs.

Dropping Vigilant's ion circles where you happen to be standing and not getting out of spin attack.

Not avoiding the fires at Athiss final boss.

Not standing on Project Sav-Rak in Lost Island when he does Sav-Rak Smash. (This is a bit unfair, but you did say there is not one single encounter where you can't heal through mechanics.)

Not moving to the safe square when General Ortol fires his rockets in Cademimu.

This forum needs a +1 button :p

FP's are usually just a blur. "Hiya" at the start and then run run run as fast as possible to the end. Not complaining cuz mostly I just want my comms and greed on the gear anyway. But I recently had back-to-back runs which were definitely not the normal. These two unusual FP's are my favorite kind and the hope of getting groups like these is what keeps me coming back!

GF for HM55 - popped for Cademimu

Zoned in and immediately realized that I was the only one at the shuttle, check the map and the rest of the group is waiting at the 1st boss, with the big bot. I'm a Jugg Tank, so I'm thinking "uh-oh" Either they kicked the tank or tank quit. Could be disaster either way. So I ask what happened to the tank and they very honestly said that he rage-quit because they all did not know what they were doping. Wow. Turns out they were all new to this FP, or hadn't done it in a very long time and everyone needed help with the mechanics. Kept getting trapped in the orange box, didn't, walk away from group when they got the blue circle, etc. Yikes! They were good players, and decently geared. So, I basically schooled them all on the finer points of the fight. They actually listened and followed my lead. Sure we still wiped a few times, but we all hung in there and eventually got it done! Same story for Ortol. A few wipes, "Don't stand in Fire", "help with shackles" etc. then they got it and we finished the FP. There was much happiness and patting on the back. Took a few hours out of my life, but so much more rewarding than face rolling through for the 100th time.

GF for HM55 - popped for CZ-198 Meldtown.

Same Jugg Tank from above, and the very next GF I did! This particular FP is one that I have only tanked a few time, and I have never beat the dessert boss. Getting to the barrels is just so hard for me, for some strange reason. My main is Sorc Healz and I have done this FP dozens of times, but it is so very different than tanking it, and so far every attempt to tank it has ended at this fight with the entire group quitting or me being kicked. So, I let the group know that I'm not the greatest tank in this FP, and they assure me that it'll be fine. All goes swimmingly, until the dessert boss and we wipe. I suck! Well, they were all very patient and talked me through it. Even whispered me with specific tips on how to be more aware, key bind, etc. We still wiped another few times! In the healer ended up using her "pull" to actually bring me to the stupid barrel! she did it three times and it was enough to get the job done. Finally downed that dessert boss! Finished up the FP with no trouble and thanked them all profusely for being so patient and kind. It restores one's faith, to meet such generous folks in an MMO!

I am on a kinda troll Jedi Knight that is a pureblood sith jedi Knight on a RP server. I don't every try to RP, I don't mess with peoples RP, but I still get angry whispers about a dude named ULTIMATEPOWER being a jedi sith.

Doing KDY I died against one of the loaders, the loader had about 10% health left and the tank wouldn't taunt it off and the healer wouldn't heal. Hey it is KDY, who cares repair bills don't exist at my lowbies level (the "healer" even pointed this out). I do inquire why the healer qued as one but wouldn't heal, I guess I hurt it's feelings.

We lost one to a disco during the sith boss fight, and I was the only one worried about using the self healing things to keep people alive. Fake healer threw out bubbles, but It stood in red circles and was always ready to die.

Tank died, but we finished it. I admit I was petty and called them lazy for not even self healing at the end, which offended them enough to kick me from a flashpoint that was already over. My first kick, in all my time at 55, and leveling noobs I have never been kicked form one. It finally happened, because I called someone lazy.

I only have three repub characters, so I made sure to whisper them on all three so they would ignore them. The tank didn't ignore the last one, so I ignored him.

I know, petty. But if you are going to be a little baby and kick someone after the flashpoint is over, and the rewards already handed out I might mess with ya bit.

Edited by Reallynotaknight

GF for HM55 - popped for CZ-198 Meldtown.

Same Jugg Tank from above, and the very next GF I did! This particular FP is one that I have only tanked a few time, and I have never beat the dessert boss. Getting to the barrels is just so hard for me, for some strange reason. My main is Sorc Healz and I have done this FP dozens of times, but it is so very different than tanking it, and so far every attempt to tank it has ended at this fight with the entire group quitting or me being kicked. So, I let the group know that I'm not the greatest tank in this FP, and they assure me that it'll be fine. All goes swimmingly, until the dessert boss and we wipe. I suck! Well, they were all very patient and talked me through it. Even whispered me with specific tips on how to be more aware, key bind, etc. We still wiped another few times! In the healer ended up using her "pull" to actually bring me to the stupid barrel! she did it three times and it was enough to get the job done. Finally downed that dessert boss! Finished up the FP with no trouble and thanked them all profusely for being so patient and kind. It restores one's faith, to meet such generous folks in an MMO!

Another trick is to have a player with Force Speed, roll, etc run to the gen, then intercede to them =D