Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

RazorBladecontra

Yea, but that was a good change. Sec X became a ghost town over time. Streamlining it to a solo heroic made it accessible to more people. As far as drops on a solo operation. Consider it like a solo flashpoint. What do they drop? Xp, renown currency, meager amount of credits, and a decoration. The payout can be slightly larger than a solo Fp but way smaller than a SM GF Operation. Nothing to get all Jelly about. The real loot of course would be from group Operations. No one wants to take away the pride and accomplishment from running Ops. I fear that, mistakenly, people think that's my intention. Not at all. Group ops should always drop paramount stuff. Edited by TonyTricicolo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, but that was a good change. Sec X became a ghost town over time. Streamlining it to a solo heroic made it accessible to more people. As far as drops on a solo operation. Consider it like a solo flashpoint. What do they drop? Xp, renown currency, meager amount of credits, and a decoration. The payout can be slightly larger than a solo Fp but way smaller than a SM GF Operation. Nothing to get all Jelly about. The real loot of course would be from group Operations. No one wants to take away the pride and accomplishment from running Ops. I fear that, mistakenly, people think that's my intention. Not at all. Group ops should always drop paramount stuff.

Doesn't matter what your point is. This game is an MMO and group focus should be the priority. I hate the solo focus mmo's have taken over the years. Back in the day older mmo's you had to be in a group just to level up. Now a days no one socializes anymore outside of guilds. MMO's need to go back to being mmo's. Its why WoW classic is so popular right now. Game was actually hard and you had to group up to do a lot of the content unlike the snooze fest that is solo WoW now.

MMOs evolve over time. Companies cater to the casual now. The old times of running Ops like we used to 15 yrs ago is gone. You may not like what I posted or what my point is but I'm sure those who've read through what I've said can see the attempt I'm making.

And not once did I mention taking away anything from group element.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

MMOs evolve over time. Companies cater to the casual now. The old times of running Ops like we used to 15 yrs ago is gone. You may not like what I posted or what my point is but I'm sure those who've read through what I've said can see the attempt I'm making.

And not once did I mention taking away anything from group element.

Right, that's why when swtor decided to focus on solo play it nearly killed the game due to not having any kind of end game for 2 years? And I guess we're just imagining WoW classic actually having more active players than retail WoW atm?

Edited by Raansu

If Swtor Shoulda Coulda Woulda....we'd be more like WoW. I get it. It's the standard to what most people think of a successful MMO. We can take some pointers from them but not at the extent of the solo player. The solo part of this game is it's core. Make no mistake about that. Everything else is clearly an afterthought. Some people hate that and some love it. That makes this game have a very unique niche. It's both group and solo at the same time. It's not the solo part that killed this game, it's the mismanagement and lack of direction. If they would have went entirely Group content focused they would have alienated all the solo players. Solo players pay money just as much as group players do. This is what we are dealing with. I'm not against group content. I love it. In fact, I love it just as much as solo content. This game, due to it's split of group vs solo, makes it offer so much to so many different people. Take that for what it's worth.

if swtor shoulda coulda woulda....we'd be more like wow. I get it. It's the standard to what most people think of a successful mmo. We can take some pointers from them but not at the extent of the solo player. The solo part of this game is it's core. Make no mistake about that. Everything else is clearly an afterthought. Some people hate that and some love it. That makes this game have a very unique niche. It's both group and solo at the same time. It's not the solo part that killed this game, it's the mismanagement and lack of direction. If they would have went entirely group content focused they would have alienated all the solo players. Solo players pay money just as much as group players do. This is what we are dealing with. I'm not against group content. I love it. In fact, i love it just as much as solo content. This game, due to it's split of group vs solo, makes it offer so much to so many different people. Take that for what it's worth.

the solo part of this game is not its core. It is a mmo

Due to the fact that there is no guarantee that 8 or 16 people will be interested in a given operation during every players playtime, there should be an option for them to complete it solo. That said, i feel it should be a longer version or have lot more pre-requisite quests for the solo version than if grouped. The incentive for grouping still needs to be there so the overall scope of the game isnt completely ruined.

Due to the fact that there is no guarantee that 8 or 16 people will be interested in a given operation during every players playtime, there should be an option for them to complete it solo. That said, i feel it should be a longer version or have lot more pre-requisite quests for the solo version than if grouped. The incentive for grouping still needs to be there so the overall scope of the game isnt completely ruined.

See, this makes sense. The desire for forming operations has lost its charm over time. Facts are people are just not running them as they used to. There isn't an incentive any more. Open them up to a solo version so everyone gets access to them. It's a huge source of content just waiting there untampered. The potential there is tremendous. It would spark a new interest in running them. By word of mouth it will attract more players. More players playing is what we need right now. The more options, the more enjoyment, the longer we get to play this game. Let's step away from our "elitists" mentality and stop segregating portions of the playerbase. "It's a MMO so we only group. All I want is PvP so everything is pvp, All I want is story, gimme gimme nao" ENOUGH! This whole elitism crap is what's really killing the game. Did we all forget why we play here? Isn't it for the love of Star Wars?

I can see where this is going. If you like WoW so much then go there. First response.

Deep down you know you agree with my points and rather admitting it, you rather troll. Second response.

Pick a choice.

I don't agree with your points at all....this game is an MMO and raids are group content. If you wanna do raids then group up and do them. If you wanna play pure solo then go play a damn single player game.

Ya its not supposed to give them an option. Raids are group content, end of story. If you don't want to be social in end game then you're playing the wrong genre.

That is not really the meaning of social. Social means talking and getting to know each other. All the group content I have done, very little talking and you will rarely see them again, unless you are in the same guild or actually a friend. So I think this throwing the word "social" around in a game is wrong because it is not being used correctly in a game setting.

So by defending the solo player, I become one. I have no problem with that. I came up with tons of solutions and rationales and all you've replied it's an mmo, learn to group. Not a single thing constructive at all. Even to this, I expect another troll response. It's fine, so be it. Not going to let you ruin my Sunday. Last thing to add, examine Bioware's history with this game. Everything that was once exclusive is now accessible to all. They are the masters of regurgitating old content and making it new. How long will it take until someone realizes "Hey, you know what? We have tons of assets that we don't use in operations. Our metrics show people hardly run them. Why don't we open them up for everyone." I bet it won't be long at all.

So by defending the solo player, I become one. I have no problem with that. I came up with tons of solutions and rationales and all you've replied it's an mmo, learn to group. Not a single thing constructive at all. Even to this, I expect another troll response. It's fine, so be it. Not going to let you ruin my Sunday. Last thing to add, examine Bioware's history with this game. Everything that was once exclusive is now accessible to all. They are the masters of regurgitating old content and making it new. How long will it take until someone realizes "Hey, you know what? We have tons of assets that we don't use in operations. Our metrics show people hardly run them. Why don't we open them up for everyone." I bet it won't be long at all.

"They disagree with me so they must be a troll!"

:rolleyes:

All honesty finding teams for operations comes down to your lucky on timing that others happen to be doing it or your in a guild and you have schedules, I like the possibility of being able to do an operation whenever you want, but I don’t know the direction that this would be viewed good or bad, it may be hard to script or have the companions function in a certain way when fighting specific bosses that require some courses of action that they might not be able to handle. Honestly I was thinking about this the other day and I think when doing a 8 player operation if you can’t get 8 people and say you have 4 players then everyone can take out one companion, that may work same method for 16 player operation if you have 8 players then everyone can take out one companion. I definitely support this idea and would like to see something like it come along.

All honesty finding teams for operations comes down to your lucky on timing that others happen to be doing it or your in a guild and you have schedules, I like the possibility of being able to do an operation whenever you want, but I don’t know the direction that this would be viewed good or bad, it may be hard to script or have the companions function in a certain way when fighting specific bosses that require some courses of action that they might not be able to handle. Honestly I was thinking about this the other day and I think when doing a 8 player operation if you can’t get 8 people and say you have 4 players then everyone can take out one companion, that may work same method for 16 player operation if you have 8 players then everyone can take out one companion. I definitely support this idea and would like to see something like it come along.

Sit on the fleet for 5 minutes. I promise you that you will find someone in chat building a OPs group.

Nonsense. What the op is asking for a lot of people want. Saying " just join a group, this is a MMO after all " does not give solo players an option. PUGs formed for operations speed run through objectives, spacebar through cutscenes, and are quick to kick those who aren't. A solo player joining a PUG will have a ruined experience which further makes them never want to join a group again. Granted, past operations have mechanics that require more than one person to complete. They are too far along to get changed. However, future operations can and should have a solo mode. For the health of this game, compromises can be made. Remember, this isn't your traditional mmo. A lot of it revolves around the single player.

I agree 100%. I don't mind joining group, but unfortunately I've had some very negative group interactions just because they are new flashpoints to me or ops. I don't appreciate the attitude of those who never solo and don't want to, that's fine if that's what they prefer. But unfortuntately OPS players and hard core PVPers tend to be pretty rude. I respect their right to play the game their way, I expect the same respect back. It doesn't happen. I've wanted to play some of the later ops because the seem important to the storyline, but I've found unless you are hard core ops you aren't very welcome.

I Honestly agree to everything TonyTricicolo said. It wouldn't hurt to give us the ability to run this solo, like flashpoints, but with adjustments. And by that I mean small or none rewards, other than credits and some common drops. Weaker environment, Istead of summoning other players allow us to use our companions. If you want to tryhard to get some amazing drop from an even better boss battle be my guest, do it, gather other players and run it that way.

It wouldn't hurt your hard work you put in these ops before, and it won't hurt the work you're about to put in it the next time you run it. As it was mentioned before We don't want OPS to be run solo as if we run it with a team, we just want the story behind it. Save your gear, save your loot for yourselves. I just want to know what happens after I did all those missions on let's say Oricon.

This way everyone will be happy. Or at least most of us.

Edited by olusiek

I Honestly agree to everything TonyTricicolo said. It wouldn't hurt to give us the ability to run this solo, like flashpoints, but with adjustments. And by that I mean small or none rewards, other than credits and some common drops. Weaker environment, Istead of summoning other players allow us to use our companions. If you want to tryhard to get some amazing drop from an even better boss battle be my guest, do it, gather other players and run it that way.

It wouldn't hurt your hard work you put in these ops before, and it won't hurt the work you're about to put in it the next time you run it. As it was mentioned before We don't want OPS to be run solo as if we run it with a team, we just want the story behind it. Save your gear, save your loot for yourselves. I just want to know what happens after I did all those missions on let's say Oricon.

This way everyone will be happy. Or at least most of us.

That's what story mode is for.

Please don't take this suggestion seriously. Blizzard spent a whole expac cycle working on AI for the expacs main feature and it flopped hard when they could of put that dev time into content. Bioware has limited resources and a tiny dev team compared to other mmo's please don't try to nudge their direction into something that would be a total waste of time.

They designed the story of this game, so you don't have to do the operations content to know the full story.

ZIMMOZMAN;9766077

They designed the story of this game, so you don't have to do the operations content to know the full stor

y.

That is true in most of the operations, but not so with the Oricon story line. If you don't have the chance to do the op on that you have no idea how the story ends. The mission on Oricon just leaves you in limbo unless you can find some people to take those that want the story through and unfortunately even with story mode we have groups of people that demand this or that and refuse to help a new player or a person that doesn't do much operations through the story mode for that operation.