Unable to send my companions on tradeskill missions...

Nangasaur

Logged in today, was able to send them on one mission...and then immediately afterwards, all my mission buttons are greyed out, more specifically, the "Send Companion" button. Nada. Zilch. /awesome

Submitted a CS ticket. I am now anxiously awaiting my automated response, instructing me how to learn a tradeskill. *sigh*

Oh boy...if that had fixed it, I'd be happy.

It didn't. After 4 attempts. Not my first rodeo ;)

It was at that point that I decided to submit my ticket. I'm not one of those types that "knee jerks" every time something doesn't work right, and immediately goes ticket happy, lol.

Edited by Nangasaur

I Might be talking total bollocks, but have you tried verifying your games files from the launch window?? I've had probs sometimes in the past with other games and this has fixed quite a few.
I'll give it a go next time I logout :( Willing to try anything at this point, if it's fixable on my end.

I've literally tried everything I can think of in-game, of course with the exception of abandoning my crew skills and losing all the progress I've made so far. Biochem is not cheap to level, Diplomacy is expensive, and I love my reusable medkits, stims, etc.

CS ticket response:

"Thank you for contacting us with this bug report. Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, who will investigate further. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter whilst playing the game."

So basically, my character is broken, and I'm being told to wait for a future patch, and pray it gets fixed then?

LOLWUT? I don't think so.

I'm also having this problem... During my storyline one of my companions became unavailable. Afterwards, I find that I am unable to to send out certain companions, while other companions are away on missions... Or the companion just refuses to leave on missions, and the option to send them out on missions is greyed out.

I can send out up to 5 companions are a time, but I'm only managing to send out 3 to 4 at once, out of my total of 5 (Not counting the unavailable one) companions.

I also started having this issue last night after I picked up Doc on my Jedi Guardian and I also got that same response to my ticket. It isn't only affecting that character, though. All three of my characters that have crew skills can no longer send companions out on missions. I even tried dropping one on one of my alts to see if that would help and not only did it not help, now my it shows that my Guardian has four crew skills instead of three. What a fun bug.

I also started having this issue last night after I picked up Doc on my Jedi Guardian and I also got that same response to my ticket. It isn't only affecting that character, though. All three of my characters that have crew skills can no longer send companions out on missions. I even tried dropping one on one of my alts to see if that would help and not only did it not help, now my it shows that my Guardian has four crew skills instead of three. What a fun bug.

At least it's somewhat "good" to know that dropping a crew skill won't fix it, and even make it worse.

With that in mind, however, it's simply ridiculous that we're being told to, "check future patch notes for upcoming changes."

At least it's somewhat "good" to know that dropping a crew skill won't fix it, and even make it worse.

With that in mind, however, it's simply ridiculous that we're being told to, "check future patch notes for upcoming changes."

Well if it's a bug that requires a patch to fix then yes you'll have to wait. That's a pretty standard thing. GM's don't have these mythical god tools that can fix everything.

Well if it's a bug that requires a patch to fix then yes you'll have to wait. That's a pretty standard thing. GM's don't have these mythical god tools that can fix everything.

All in game support is automated... You have to call them to get them to look at an issue in game.

Wow, really? Gee. Thanks for the heads up. :cool:

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways...

The point is, we're being sent their generic, standard, automated e-mail that is sent to ANYONE who submits any sort of feedback or bug report, or even a feature request. We're not, however, getting any sort of customer support to let us know, first-hand, that it's a problem being worked on.

That's the point, and one that Bioware seems to be having a very difficult time understanding with their CS team right now. It's as if they think one standard auto-generated e-mail is good to cover any CS tickets submitted, and everyone will be satisfied.

It's similar to calling customer support and them just saying, "Hello. Goodbye. *click* -dialtone-" That's exactly how it feels to get those auto-generated, keyword filtered, CS e-mails from them.

Edited by Nangasaur

I found what appears to be a fix...will know for sure once my companion returns from mission:

I got one of the "Mission Discovery: Bioanalysis" items, and used it. Upon doing so, I am now able to send my companion on that mission, and my other companion can go on missions once again.

I found what appears to be a fix...will know for sure once my companion returns from mission:

I got one of the "Mission Discovery: Bioanalysis" items, and used it. Upon doing so, I am now able to send my companion on that mission, and my other companion can go on missions once again.

That seems to have fixed my problem as well. Thank you for the suggestion.

I have the same issue, happened after one of my companion became unavailable.

Logged out, etc, nothing fixed it.

I ll try the "learn a mission" fix now and see if that works. Maybe otherwise it will fix itself when my companion becomes available again.

In every case this is a major issue that requires fixing asap.

"Thank you for contacting us with this bug report. Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, who will investigate further. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter whilst playing the game."

That standard reply is really starting to annoy me. I suspect they just autoreply to tickets after a certain amount of time.

Basically it just says:

"We got no idea if you're doing something wrong or if it's a bug in the game. If it's a bug, there is a chance we may fix it at some point, but we can't say when/if that will happen.

If it's a game game breaking bug, well too bad... you're pretty much screwed for now.

Have a nice day."

I'm not saying everything should be fixed asap, which I know is impossible, but they could at least put just a tiny amount of effort in to their replies so that you know, whether this is actually a bug or not.