Is reverse-engineering Dread Guard relics and similar still bugged?

Thunn

Pretty much what the title says. I have one I've been saving on my artificer for a while in hopes of learning the schematic, but don't want to waste it if the RE still isn't working. Can anyone confirm having learned the schematics lately? Or can a BW employee please clarify?

It isn't a bug, I don't believe one can currently obtain Dread Forged Schematics of any kind. Generally the highest gear available isn't reverse engineerable until it is no longer the highest gear available. We might be able to Reverse Engineer that gear when nightmare stuff comes out in April, or we may have to wait until June for DP NiM.

The the poster above me, OP mentioned Dread Guard, which is a level 50 tier of gear. Not dread forged ^_^

That is correct, sir! It's level 50 gear, was going to get it for an alt I'm leveling. Always prefer to make my own rather than buying, especially when the option is to pay half a million credits for an item that will soon be obsolete. As no one has answered, I will assume no one knows for sure. Thanks to those who replied!

It DOES work, in that you can learn them however you will get an error everytime you do RE one which can be scary (i was super nervous) but i know can make dreadguard shield amp/boundless. bear-in-mind you'll get no mats from REing them just an error or green text saying you learned it

It DOES work, in that you can learn them however you will get an error everytime you do RE one which can be scary (i was super nervous) but i know can make dreadguard shield amp/boundless. bear-in-mind you'll get no mats from REing them just an error or green text saying you learned it

All right, thank you sir. I'll try it! Keep your fingers crossed for me...