Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I appreciate the local servers are actually local. I have supported SWTOR mostly due to this local server implementation.

BUT

I am unable to justify continuing paying monthly fees to "wait" 30-40 mins for my preferred playstyle options to pop in prime time.

Good luck with the game, I will hang in 4 more weeks for some solid info.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the local servers are actually local. I have supported SWTOR mostly due to this local server implementation.

BUT

I am unable to justify continuing paying monthly fees to "wait" 30-40 mins for my preferred playstyle options to pop in prime time.

Good luck with the game, I will hang in 4 more weeks for some solid info.

I waited 4 hours for Hammer Station on Dalborra yesterday afternoon. It popped once but everyone declined, it was wierd.

I would like to add this.

With the current state of these servers a merger will ultimately improve quality of life for a lot of players. Yes there will always be trolls picking on the RP players talking about how easy it is to level on the PvE server. For every negative experience from trolls their would be 100x more positive interactions. At the end of the day 99% of people want to progress their character and will generally adapt and or find like thinking players they can enjoy their time with.

The bonds between players and their friends who they either find through the game or real life make an MMO like this come alive. If the population dwindles like it has on these servers the less actual content this MMO has. People themselves are the random content one needs to persevere. Everyone adds flavor to this game even the most hated general chat troll will spawn humor in some form.

Please don't wait till the F2P let those people come to a server which is alive with activity and less overall negativity.

With the current state of these servers a merger will ultimately improve quality of life for a lot of players. Yes there will always be trolls picking on the RP players talking about how easy it is to level on the PvE server. For every negative experience from trolls their would be 100x more positive interactions. At the end of the day 99% of people want to progress their character and will generally adapt and or find like thinking players they can enjoy their time with.

The bonds between players and their friends who they either find through the game or real life make an MMO like this come alive. If the population dwindles like it has on these servers the less actual content this MMO has. People themselves are the random content one needs to persevere. Everyone adds flavor to this game even the most hated general chat troll will spawn humor in some form.

Please don't wait till the F2P let those people come to a server which is alive with activity and less overall negativity.

Zarth has really said it how it is, people will adept, and the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Even from a business POV, running one server is far more cost efficient and customer pleasing all at once.

An excellent thread (and a good idea to show it in a consolidated format to indicate a portion of the scope of -current- discussion of the APAC community's perception of the problem)

Personally I am in favour of instance consolidation based on content (grouping people by language and game area supported game play types (eg areas where PvP is not supported, can obviously consolidate both PvP and non PvP designated characters) server connectivity (server location of instances generated to be based on server utilisation, based on rule set application (such as PvP enabled sections being located on PvP servers) and/or client latency (which would be more important were a cross regional approach used, but less so given BW's current system architecture design)) rather than a more general region based server consolidation approach. Though given the size of the APAC user base, a regional approach is probably sufficient tbh.

Regardless, some form of player consolidation is necessary in order to preserve a MMO dynamic, otherwise, one must concede that the APAC SWTOR will soon degenerate, no longer capable of being called a ' Massively ' Multi-player game and the dependant game features - such as war zones - will become increasingly untenable unless BW takes steps to consolidate a disparate APAC player base.

Edited by FourtyThird

A server merge would be great, but the main down side I see is it will restrict rolling new characters, for example I have 8 on the Jedi side on one server and 8 Sith side on the other, so I can see what all of the classes are like, and combined I'm 4 over the 12 limit.

I have some level 1 toons I have not used yet, and if they release some new class I can re-roll one. With a merge I'll be over the limit and not be able to check out a new race or re-roll one I have unlocked. Maybe if they took had the same system as GW2 and allowed us to buy character slots it would be better.

It is practically dead on the AP servers, and the only game with less players is The Secret World. At times I think I should have stayed playing on the US servers and then I'd be on "The Harbringer" with a high population.

Playing on an AP server you have to feel a bit ripped off at the moment, all other servers got mergers and get 12 slots and we have only 8 and are ignored because we are in a low customer population area compared to US and EU.

Edited by Redlorn

With the current state of these servers a merger will ultimately improve quality of life for a lot of players. Yes there will always be trolls picking on the RP players talking about how easy it is to level on the PvE server. .

I am not sure that I understand that line right... but if a merged server was NOT PVE I'd leave. World PVP is the one thing I am not willing tolerate. Did it once. Never again.

I am not sure that I understand that line right... but if a merged server was NOT PVE I'd leave. World PVP is the one thing I am not willing tolerate. Did it once. Never again.

I only meant that as reference of the hate between different types of servers. All in all it should be a straight PvE server if people want to get ganked or be ganked flag up for PvP.

Personally I want off the Oceanic Servers in totality. I want to be able to transfer to harbinger as I find that Oceanic servers are full of complainers and whiners. Sooner the better!!

Reroll. And with your community spirit, I'm sure nobody will really miss you.

@Topic, I was looking forward to a maintenance notice(shocking, I know) but it seems like we have to wait even longer...

Yeah agreed Bal, Joveth Gonzalez | Online Community Manager, update please. There was mention at looking at the population on our servers over the next few days.... well dude its been a few days and I'm hopeful we will get a response soon. With our community confidence low in relation to the service we have received it would some what redeeming if we could get an update on possible solutions/actions relating to our concerns.

Personally I want off the Oceanic Servers in totality. I want to be able to transfer to harbinger as I find that Oceanic servers are full of complainers and whiners. Sooner the better!!

I love when people whine about whiners :d_grin:

I don't know how Bioware can say they are improving communication when there has been 0 (zero) posts in more than 48 hours.

Here's a hint Bioware, if you merge the servers now . . . you could always split them again later if the population grows. Mind blowing stuff I know, but I have the math to prove it ;)

The idea of having PVP people in a different instance of any zone is a brilliant idea though, go with that!

Still allows you to mix for FP, etc.

BUT . . . merge first, brilliant new ideas later please. I want to keep playing but if I can never get a group I won't.

Merging our 3 servers into 1 sounds like a fabulous idea. They can probably implement PvE/PvP/RP rulesets into 'shards' in the future, to keep care bears and the such happy. ;)

As long as they don't do a Warhammer Online and remove Oceanic servers altogether. That would seriously make me consider leaving the game, something I really don't want to do!

Its quite simple really.

Possible choice based on server type and another based on location. So for example, the RP server offers the choice of moving to Ebon Hawk (US RP), or the merged Oceanic Server.

You would lose your largest population that way. Just do it for the lowest pop server, the pvp server.

Then make 1 pve server with the rp and pve guys, then let the pvpers decide what they want to do, individually.

pvp on Asian and all other servers have been bleeding subs since june.

rp servers have been slightly gaining(weird result..)

pve seems slightly steady, with very small losses.

Ah cool. I'm on the PvP server and I've only just recently started to notice population issues. I guess I'd be willing to give up the awesomeness of open world PvP for a healthy population.