Level 10's PVP with level 21

Kaarina

Its actually awesome... or else, with no cross server pvp, you would be waiting an hour to find people your level to pvp. It balances good. You can still win. Just not as republic.

Well except for the classes who don't get much CC until later levels. Then you are just easy kills, since pvp right now i all about who has more CC.

the ones who don't get CC soon, usually have a reason, like more survivability to start. But yes, that sucks, but not so bad as to make me not pvp untill higher level. You can kill level 50s as level 13. But you have to think, they have been pvping alot most likely, not only do they have the abilities you want, but they have more experience. So its not only that they are higher level, that why they may be beating is based on experience also.

Are you serious? Level 10 and 21 (not sure how high it can go but I saw 21 with me in a PVP battle..Seriously?

Otherwise we would have stupid brackets with no bolstering, and level 10s who stand no chance against a level 19.

You lack the skills but it is still an awesome experience for most classes. Especially the early bloomers like Sage and Inquisitor. For late bloomers it is harder, but anyone who got any decent learning curve will adept and have tons of fun.

If you don't, well then grind till level 50...

(And I kinda laugh about people like you who have no clue, and first thing they do is whine on the forums.)

Edited by beyou

I can accept this state of BG´s for the launch, but as soon as BW is able to arrange cross-server PvP they should bracket the BG System.

Btw. i c no reason why not bolstering brackets ... its just mathematics ...

my 2 cents

Cheers and enjoy this great game!

Well except for the classes who don't get much CC until later levels. Then you are just easy kills, since pvp right now i all about who has more CC.

Warfronts are team based. They balance both sides to have equal amount of high level players, play as a team and play smart.

terrible system, they need to just make lvl brackets like WoW.... It is the most balanced you can get for battlegrounds.

WoW's bracket system is not even close to balanced. Certain classes will dominate everytime. In fact, some classes are unstoppable and god like pre-max level.

This is after they removed twinks from the regular pool. Not to mention people with legacy gear.

A level 20 vs. a level 45 in a Warzone in SWTOR is more balanced than a level 11 hunter going up against a 19 anything or a level 15 anything in WoW BGs.

They will probably need to add a level 50 bracket eventually.

Edited by Bollah

Classes become exceptionally viable around level 25-30 or so. You will be able to hold your own against someone much higher, though you will probably not win. Characters of all levels are still able to contribute to the game in a significant manner.

This system is an overall success. I believe it also prioritizes placing people of similar levels together, so when there is a sizable level 50 population they will not be playing with noobs.

ran into my first 50s last night.

(I'm 23 or so I think)

I've liked the system all they way through beta. Sure you are going to get creamed from time to time, but even as a lvl 10 I felt that I could always contribute to the team goals.

Its actually awesome... or else, with no cross server pvp, you would be waiting an hour to find people your level to pvp. It balances good. You can still win. Just not as republic.

NOT this.

It does not balance well - at all. The balancing system is utterly *****.

There either needs to be better level filtering or power-disabling for the higher ones.

A level 20 vs. a level 45 in a Warzone in SWTOR is more balanced than a level 11 hunter going up against a 19 anything or a level 15 anything in WoW BGs.

Someone hasn't played low level BGs against a hunter.

if they can maintain distance, they can literally 1shot someone with no gear.

Anyways, I'm a fan of this bolstering thing, I'd take this over hour+ queues like the Vanilla PVP days

Warfronts are team based. They balance both sides to have equal amount of high level players, play as a team and play smart.

And I agree with you. But in a pug situation, it still comes down to the side with more cc ability winning. An example being a game of huttball last night on my Smuggler. My team was made up of 2 gunslingers and everyone else a trooper. The other side had a more balanced set up, with plenty of SI CC. Our side simply was not able to make any progress, and lost 5-0. Yes, an extreme example, but also not a rarity, at least on my server.

Well nice to see so many replies at least. I may not agree with everyone as I do not understand how just boosting stats makes it more viable..

But I did notice most who are very high level are not upset ofc when they started everyone was their level. I got late invite to Pre launch so I am behind plus I can not play 24/7 but it's all good. The pvp here is not for me so I accept that, disappointed but accepted.

And PS boosting stats is great but does it mean the new skills I would have or the new level of the existing skills are also boosted? or am I seeing just boost in actual raw stats?

NM does not matter really, I was mislead and obviously now I know for my self..back to pve for a while

It's really simple. It's a matter of skill. I had a Sorcerer as my main in the mid 30s, and today I rolled a Republic class. I was sick of 10+ minute queues and 98% of the time getting Huttball.

I'm level 12... my first 2 warzones, and the only ones I've done thus far, resulted in me being on top of the damage charts. One was a loss, the other was a win... but in both cases, I did just fine.

Sure, I felt naked without Sprint and Force Speed, among other things. I didn't have as many tricks in my bag. But still, I was able to get in there, do a lot of damage, and generally contribute to the team.

Want proof? Here:

http://i.imgur.com/mdyDy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JITHs.jpg

Seriously... there's proof... you can dominate in PvP when you're the lowest level. Stop complaining and L2P. These forums are full of people whining about being outleveled and outgeared, and thus having a disadvantage. The thing is, Bioware compensated for that with the bolster system. The system works just fine. If you're getting your butt kicked... it's not the game... it's you.

As stated... there's evidence. Care to deny what's right in front of your face? I welcome the debate.