Powertech or Sniper 2.0 (DPS)

Jayshames

EDIT Decided I'd just go for Sniper.

(for now)

First of all this is from a Warzone perspective and I know that damage doesn't win warzones, although I'm a very objective focused player I often rate how well I done by damage dealt and objectives.

I currently have a level 47 Powertech and a 50 Sniper and I'm struggling to decide which to play in 2.0. I'll be playing a damage dealing class if it were to be PT so comparisons of those would be nice.

I absolutely love Sniper as I really enjoy the range, keeping melee at bay and the overall bursty-ness of the class. Although it's not a mobile class (people say) I do find myself moving around alot and playing objectives. I think it's one of the best classes for being able to play tactically.

On the other hand I have my Powertech. Again, the damage is phenomenal and the armour is really nice looking (i'd rip the mods out of the War-hero/2.0 gear and put into gear like hydra). I really enjoy the whole shooting flames idea. I love being able to just run around a warzone spreading flame DoTs on people and keeping enemys pressured. I don't often try to burst a single target down to death unless it's a 1v1 situation, if there's a tight group I'll often put pressure on one person for a little then move on to the next to keep their healers busy switching rather than spam healing one person.

Anyways, on to the dilemma I have..

My Sniper and Powertech are both on different accounts and I cannot for the life of me decide what to play. I find Sniper play more tactical, but Powertech just does it's job so well, so easily. I understand both classes get a huge DPS buff in 2.0 and basically the deciding factor is what kind of gap is there between the two? Do powertechs pull way ahead in 2.0? I reckon their flame sweep setting off AoE CGC will play a large part in it, and as enticing as that sounds I'm not sure if it's worth putting my whole time into it.

Bit of a long winded thread but any comments will be appreciated so long as they aren't troll comments (you know who you are)

TL: DR Sniper or PT in 2.0 for warzones? (DPS) which is more enjoyable / better DPS / Easiest to play?

Edited by Jayshames

I understand both classes get a huge DPS buff in 2.0 and basically the deciding factor is what kind of gap is there between the two?

What? PTs get another buff? Didnt get that.

Other than that: Sniper are looking to be very good in 2.0, but will have a rather high skill cap.

PTs are very good right now and can be played decently without much skill (which of course does not mean that there are not any good PT players and being skilled would not make them better):

"Pewpshpew" and "Ionpulsespamlol" were the names of two PTs/Vanguard I enconunterd yesterday in wz. Couldnt sum it up better.

I don't know what the buff is in 2.0 for PT but I've seen them parsing extremely high in 2.0

And yer, I find it really easy to play my PT and can easily get 300k damage in pre50 (not that pre50 is a good comparison). I've seen PT's hitting over 700k damage in live at the moment and it's really pulling me in, it's just not as fun a class to play in my opinion.

Like you said, you basically just run around flame bursting to hell and your damage racks up.

With Sniper I can control locations and being able to AoE nodes, knockbacks and stuns, plenty of roots etc just makes me feel more tactical whereas with PT I feel i'm just bashing peoples heads in with flame burst all day.

I have a 50 Vanguard on the same account as my Sniper but Ion is no where near as cool as flames :p

Gahhh why so difficult!?!

Sniper for certain, especially after the latest PTS nerf to powertechs.

Yep, my sniper without even dread guard relics is putting out more damage than my powertech that has 2.0 stims, adrenals, and a few underworld items.

Edited by bbare