Overabundance of knock backs

MouseNoFour

Why is there so much of them in this game?

As a ranged player, you almost never notice it. But as a melee one, it is almost every second pve enemy that has a knock back.

It isnt game changing or anything, let alone too powerful - but the fact that almost every enemy has it really makes dealing damage frustrating. Hit enemy, BANG! knock back, finish enemy off. Start on new enemy, BANG! knock back, finish that enemy off.

So my question is why is it so common place? It doesnt really serve a purpose, being so commonplace. In fact the only thing the knock back does, is slow down the kill by a whole 2 seconds, whilst your ammo/force/energy replenishes even higher.

I've noticed this as well. It's to the point that it's infuriating trying to play my shadow tank, especially in a group setting. Without fail, I'll start running into combat to grab initial thread only to have the lolsmasher jump past me and grab agro, only to be knocked back myself once I'm finally in a position to start my rotation and get it back. Not only that, several mobs using knockback at the same time is extraordinarily disorienting and annoying. There's no diminishing returns. No hard counters. You just get ping ponged. And every one of them seems engineered to put you 9 to 11 meters away from the enemy meaning you're either just inside the minimum range for a leap, or just outside the maximum range of "short range" abilities. The worst are the mobs with knockbacks and grapples. Especially when there are more than one of them in combat.

Quite frankly, there is very little need for so much knock back. It serves literally no purpose aside from infuriating the melee players and melee companions. Sure, make the knock back serve a purpose - but limit it to limited numbers of enemies. Say, elites or bosses.

What really makes it stupid, is when MELEE enemy uses it... then immediate has to run after me since i am no longer in its range.

So my question is why is it so common place? It doesnt really serve a purpose, being so commonplace.

I assume it's there to provide challenge to tanks, as even ranged tanks have several important abilities that require being in melee range. Really, AOEs and knockbacks are most of the reason tanks have to actually pay attention and not just stand in one spot throwing area pull and threat. Some heroic bosses and groups seem to be excessive with knockbacks, though. Particularly if the player group doesn't have any usable cc.

I usually respond with a Force Choke just to pay them back.

What I'd like to see if when my Marauder gets knocked back, his lightsabers track over the offending opponents face and drop him by severing the top half of his head, like it would in the movies.

I usually respond with a Force Choke just to pay them back.

What I'd like to see if when my Marauder gets knocked back, his lightsabers track over the offending opponents face and drop him by severing the top half of his head, like it would in the movies.

I do something similar as well. Force choke, dirty kick, force push off a cliff.. it happens so often that I just NEED to ger revenge on these mobs. It's not enough that I kill them.

I honestly wouldn't mind it if it was limited to only a few mobs in an area so I could at least prepare a response for it. But as it stands now, it seems like every mob has some kind of knockback, pull or control ability and you're super awesome 2 minute CC breaker just doesn't cut it.

It seems to really start happening after your third planet (so usually on Tatooine or the few quests before that). It really isn't that big of a deal though. As you stated it adds maybe a second or two, and usually that's part of the GCD anyway.

So my question is why is it so common place? It doesnt really serve a purpose, being so commonplace.

I assume it's there to provide challenge to tanks, as even ranged tanks have several important abilities that require being in melee range. Really, AOEs and knockbacks are most of the reason tanks have to actually pay attention and not just stand in one spot throwing area pull and threat. Some heroic bosses and groups seem to be excessive with knockbacks, though. Particularly if the player group doesn't have any usable cc.

I am talking about SOLO CONTENT. Not flashpoints, and certainly not operations. Get it straight.