Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone pointed out earlier, what happens when 1.3 comes out, and people resub wanting to play? They will have to go the destination server, and increase its pop even more. Maybe you can hope that doesn't happen, but preparing for the worst by not cramming so many on a single server would have been smarter.

BW can increase the cap on the servers, once they have the transfers settling down and they can monitor the activity of the servers they can raise the cap to a sensible amount, as that requires a maintenance downtime and they don't want to have to do that 3 or 4 times just to get the cap in the right place.

Another thing they can do is transfer all the characters of the most dead servers, and reintegrate the clusters into the bigger servers and this will reduce lag and allow for an even higher cap.

After my transfer, will I have my collector's, pre-order and special in-game mail remailed to me?

No. It specifically states in the transfer FAQ that no email will be transferred. If you had items attached to email in your mailbox before you transferred then these are lost.

If you want a copy of those messages back, i guess you could create a new character on the server and that character will get them by default

And how do you know that they are not using new tech to increase the servers as we speak.

Maybe it takes a little time in order for them to be at the max population limit so by the time 1.3 comes there will be no problems.?

How do you know they are? See how that works?

BW can increase the cap on the servers, once they have the transfers settling down and they can monitor the activity of the servers they can raise the cap to a sensible amount, as that requires a maintenance downtime and they don't want to have to do that 3 or 4 times just to get the cap in the right place.

Another thing they can do is transfer all the characters of the most dead servers, and reintegrate the clusters into the bigger servers and this will reduce lag and allow for an even higher cap.

Raising the cap doesn't mean it's stable. See the complaints about lag in seperate WZs on those flooded servers. There weren't 300 people in the same WZ.

100 % pvp transferred and 50% PVE done. Do you not think that maybe if you took the complete population that PVE’ers it could outnumber PVP’ers 2:1 or maybe 3:1 or maybe …… well you get the idea. PVE will always have more numbers, hence more servers. So 100% of PVP could easily be 20% the total amount of PVE.

What you've stated here is your guess, but you can't say for sure that it's 100% true. For what it concerns the instruments we got in our hands, Server Status on official site and TORStatus, Tomb of Freedom Nadd and overall PvP servers are the ones that less suffered for population loss. They have been so far the healtier ones, before the char transfer. While I see tons of dead server, with less than 10 players on fleet at primetime, on the PvE side.

However, this is not the point TBH.

It's quite obvious that The Red Eclipse cannot absorb the missing 10 PvE servers without exploding like a Thanksgiving turkey overpadded: yesterday it was always very heavy and sometimes Full. And while people from origin servers will decide to transfer over the W/E, things can go only worst.

So, I don't think that there's room to move, BW should create a new PvE EU ENG destination server and allow people to transfer here. The weekend won't give much more infos that BW doesn't already know about that fact.

And, btw, I would add that the whole BW strategy so far, for what we can understand from facts and behaviours and statements, has been at least "weird". EU eng side, they filled up to the maximum capability two servers (one PvP and one PvE), by now both are actually crowded.

If I've got 100 to divide and I know that each box can contain 20 (due to tech limits), I won't divide my 100 in 5 boxes. I'll divide equally my 100 in 6 or 7 to have some more room in case of new subscriptions. BW, instead, decided to fill up one box, only one, leaving the missing ones empty. And now they say "let's see if the box is going to explode". Quite weird, I repeat.

would be nice if they managed to sort out frostclaw and hydian way today (stick em both together pl0x) i wann mai tonk and deeps together - holding hands and taking windy walks lolol

i think we'll see the remaining 10 EU English PVE servers consilidated into one today so there are 2 EU English PVE Servers moving forward (which would make sense) Or they will up the pop cap on The Red Eclipse

Hi guys, sorry I can't really read through the several hundred pages but is there any news on Bacca's Blade server? Really want to transfer my guardian!

Cheers!

I can see Bacca's blade become a destination server for the other 9 pve servers. That or Dune Bantha which are the two busiest pve servers in europe (according to torstatus).

Edited by ValorMorghulis

I can see Bacca's blade become a destination server for the other 9 pve servers. That or Dune Bantha which are the two busiest pve servers in europe (according to torstatus).

Better not be Dune Bantha, that place is just as dead as the others, I know, I am on it.

100% agree. The next destination server will be probably Bacca's or Dune.

How many on the fleet then on dune bantha during prime? I'm on Hydian way and that's around 80 for both sides.

I've been saying all along that if there is a second destination server it will be one of the two that are regularly listed as "Standard Population", which is either Bacca Blade or Dune Bantha.

it might be a moot point however. They may just increase the pop cap on The Red Eclipse although i'm not a fan of that idea... I've resigned myself to the fact I won't get the same name I have presently (character same as forum name) but i'd would like to be in with a shot of getting something remotely similar. There will be little to no chance if we all go to The Red Eclipse.

On imp side you are lucky to find around 40 prime time, Republic side is almost non-existent.

20 English PVE Servers in total, 9 have gone to The Red Eclipse, which is why the general concensus of opinion is that they will do something similar with the remaining 10 (either Dune Bantha or Bacca Blade as destination, the remaining 9 as origin)

20 English PVE Servers in total, 9 have gone to The Red Eclipse, which is why the general concensus of opinion is that they will do something similar with the remaining 10 (either Dune Bantha or Bacca Blade as destination, the remaining 9 as origin)

I still don't understand how DB is even considered standard, perhaps there are a ton of LVL 50s doing endgame that I've never seen before? lol

I am hoping that DB ends up on TRE, because if memory serves me correctly, this will all die down and the population won't be so massive, put DB on there, and we should have a concurrent very heavy pop, like Fatman.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I still don't understand how DB is even considered standard, perhaps there are a ton of LVL 50s doing endgame that I've never seen before? lol

Those 2 are the only pve servers that reach standard capacity at some point everyday so there must be some people around right?