SWTOR Parser Options - Help

Hey Guys,

I am an end-game raider and used to use Askmrrobot and now use Torparse. Askmrrobot is gone and Torparse is a week or two from abandoned as well.

Are there other group parsers out there? I get a lot of enjoyment from comparing logs and learning from other players. Will group parsers die with Torparse or be limited to PvP?

Thanks.

I suppose it's better than nothing, but Moxparser doesn't allow any comparison beyond your own group, right? No ranked logs, no way to look at other people's rotation.

As far as I know, you're right. Mox is very good for what it is, but doesn't cover all basis the way torparse does.

They're leaving TorParse opensource and hopefully someone will pick up the reigns and we'll still have it.

MoX is decent for parsing, but outside of that it isn't necessarily beneficial. TorParse allows us to break down every single parse and find any information we desired where as MoX does not (unless something has changed).

They're leaving TorParse opensource and hopefully someone will pick up the reigns and we'll still have it.

MoX is decent for parsing, but outside of that it isn't necessarily beneficial. TorParse allows us to break down every single parse and find any information we desired where as MoX does not (unless something has changed).

Unless you are talking to james behind the scenes i don't see how that can be true..

Jjames has always been against making it open source, he hinted that if he found someone with the"Right Skills" and if he "REALLY Likes" him, he "MIGHT" consider passing it along.

Given the fact that there are too many Ifs in that statement and that he gave no indication of what his goal/qualification would be for someone to take over, i take it he doesn't want to pass it along but wants to be nice about it instead of just saying hey i am killing it and no i am not letting anyone continue it(which he is within his rights to do so).

Unless you are talking to james behind the scenes i don't see how that can be true..

Jjames has always been against making it open source, he hinted that if he found someone with the"Right Skills" and if he "REALLY Likes" him, he "MIGHT" consider passing it along.

Given the fact that there are too many Ifs in that statement and that he gave no indication of what his goal/qualification would be for someone to take over, i take it he doesn't want to pass it along but wants to be nice about it instead of just saying hey i am killing it and no i am not letting anyone continue it(which he is within his rights to do so).

From his end of service announcement:

Lastly, I will consider only serious offers to transition the project to another development team. I would love to see this project last beyond just my own involvement. If you're experienced and interested, please contact me at james@torparse.com. If there is no interest in transitioning the project, the website and ingame client will go down as planned on 27 July 2013.

That sounds like more than an if to me, I think he'd just outright say he's not interested in passing it on if that was the case.

Anyway, a lot of people also recommend ACT, though I wasn't really crazy about the format myself.

James DavidsonJuly 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM

It means TORParse will cease to exist, no website and no ingame client, unless I find a developer or group of developers I'm comfortable with passing the project on to (don't get your hopes up).

Maybe due to my RL profession i read too much into "the fine print".

The easiest way for the project to stay alive would be to make it open source

If he really wants an individual or group he should post what he is looking for rather than leaving it open ended like that and any restrictions that comes with it(assurances that the new person won't make it open source etc etc etc).

Don't get me wrong i love tor parse and I am very thankful for it, I think James is a great guy for all the effort he put in it for as long as he did, i am just saying he is doing things the hard way in order for the project to continue.

I believe TorParse will live on. There apparently has been lots of interest in taking it over.

ACT is a very nice parser. The sole issue with ACT and SWTOR is how the combat logs are written, since everyone has their own combat log, unlike in EQ2 (what ACT was originally written for), it makes live group parsing difficult. It's a great solo parsing program and with triggers and alerts, it is superior, imo.

Edited by Sameria