I can't believe no one has mentioned the lightsaber bug was fixed

Lium

I haven't had the chance to notice, but this is great news.

I know the patch notes visible to us probably just contain the "most important" updates to make it easier for players to see the changes they're interested in, but it would be nice if there was also a link to 100% complete patch notes that detail every single bug fix.

Did you not notice that your Force-using companions now actually turn their lightsabers off properly when you summon them or dismount?

I'm sorry but I was elated. I guess I'm just easy to please. :D

I'm extremely pleased.

However, I am NOT pleased that my cartel weapons (lightsaber on my sorc, rifle on my operative, and gun on my trooper) are STILL bugging out. :(

Perhaps they wouldn't complain so much if it didn't take months to fix one small bug.

I completely agree...

And the worst thing is that EAware get people to thank them for fixing something that should not have been broken in the first place.

It's like selling someone a car with a broken window, the buyer keeps asking for the car dealer to fix it and after three months the car dealer finally fixes the window and the buyer thanks the car dealer! While it was the car dealer who should apologize for the window being broken in the first place...

This just encourages the devs to continue producing crap code and fixing it 'afterward' so that people can thank them for producing crap code...

I completely agree...

And the worst thing is that EAware get people to thank them for fixing something that should not have been broken in the first place.

It's like selling someone a car with a broken window, the buyer keeps asking for the car dealer to fix it and after three months the car dealer finally fixes the window and the buyer thanks the car dealer! While it was the car dealer who should apologize for the window being broken in the first place...

This just encourages the devs to continue producing crap code and fixing it 'afterward' so that people can thank them for producing crap code...

Software!=car dealer. Every one produces crap code now days. Whether it be code that isn't very efficient or code that doesn't work as intended. This is especially true in the gaming industry now. There is always some thing that goes wrong. You want perfect good code go look at military and industry code for expensive hardware. Although judging by the use F-22 and F-35 even these multibillion dollar projects have bugs and now you expect a game to be code free? Dude if you did any real coding you wouldn't be saying that.

How can you say it's a small bug when you haven't even looked at the code? Just because it seems simply doesn't mean it's simple. There is reason wow some times just leaves bugs in game too due it's adverse affect changing code to fix a bug can cause a bug to arise some where else. Although the lightsaber bug needed to be fix, but if it were an npc, mob, or some thing not important or that has almost no effect on the player base it's best to just leave the bug in than try to fix it.

Edited by Knockerz

Software!=car dealer. Every one produces crap code now days. Whether it be code that isn't very efficient or code that doesn't work as intended. This is especially true in the gaming industry now. There is always some thing that goes wrong. You want perfect good code go look at military and industry code for expensive hardware. Although judging by the use F-22 and F-35 even these multibillion dollar projects have bugs and now you expect a game to be code free? Dude if you did any real coding you wouldn't be saying that.

How can you say it's a small bug when you haven't even looked at the code? Just because it seems simply doesn't mean it's simple. There is reason wow some times just leaves bugs in game too due it's adverse affect changing code to fix a bug can cause a bug to arise some where else. Although the lightsaber bug needed to be fix, but if it were an npc, mob, or some thing not important or that has almost no effect on the player base it's best to just leave the bug in than try to fix it.

maybe you should read what I wrote before replying? I was not commenting on the size of the bug or whether it was easy to fix.

I was commenting on people thanking EAware for fixing something that should not have been broken in the first place.

(and before trying to give someone a lesson in coding maybe you should learn who the person is in the first place?)

I am sorry but this bug is NOT fixed. When you dismiss your companion, the lightsaber glow sticks to the last position of your companion. If you kill an enemy and your companion retreats to the default player character follow position same thing happens. Confirmed for Kira.

If Kira turns off her double lightsaber the downward blade glow remains. When Kira is summoned when you dismount your speeder she comes with her lightsaber drawn but not as a double blade lightsaber but as a single blade lightsaber.

Same thing since the initial release. Why they could not fix this? Not enough QA guys or something?

I am sorry but this bug is NOT fixed. When you dismiss your companion, the lightsaber glow sticks to the last position of your companion. If you kill an enemy and your companion retreats to the default player character follow position same thing happens. Confirmed for Kira.

If Kira turns off her double lightsaber the downward blade glow remains. When Kira is summoned when you dismount your speeder she comes with her lightsaber drawn but not as a double blade lightsaber but as a single blade lightsaber.

Same thing since the initial release. Why they could not fix this? Not enough QA guys or something?

This is fixed for me. Ill confirm when i get off work in 3 hours

Strange... Lihgtsaber bug now it is fixed for me too. Maybe this issue is only related to Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant. Maybe otper planets/areas are not affected. But Taxi flickering on Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant persists. Whatever.