Hi! Quick Question to all other NEW Players...

TheOnlyVv

FIRST : Hi, I'm TheOnlyVv and I just came back to this game a few days ago. After getting tired of WildStar pretty quickly, I was reading up on MMO games and came across the article that listed SWTOR as the 4th biggest sub MMO of last year. And that is what made me return.

I used to play this game off and on. I started playing it a few days after the game's release, and then I played it sparsely over the next couple years until just a few days ago, when I'm finding myself hooked again. With that being said, I've also noticed a large influx of new players along with myself. And this leads to my question...

How many of you other new players came back to the game because of that article, if any?

I had always thought this game was dead until reading that article, and now I'm seeing it is very much alive.

I didn't come back because of the article, I first quit because I didn't want to pay the subscriber fee each month but I came back and got hooked because of my love of star wars, so naturally I had to buy the membership :D

I'm surprised anyone's actually reading these articles. :) (Call it paranoia, but I suspect the companies are paying for these articles, and then post polls and forum threads to count the number of people who actually were influenced by them... oh, wait.)

I started playing SWTOR because it was a Bioware game. And they created Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, and most importantly, Mass Effect. Most of all, it's Star Wars! I'm not a MMO person(actually, I avoided such games), but I decided to give it a try and I wasn't disappointed. (Though when I tried another MMO game, Neverwinter, I played for about two hours and quit and never looked back).

......I started playing SWTOR because it was a Bioware game. And they created Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, and most importantly, Mass Effect. Most of all, it's Star Wars! I'm not a MMO person(actually, I avoided such games), but I decided to give it a try and I wasn't disappointed. (Though when I tried another MMO game, Neverwinter, I played for about two hours and quit and never looked back).

Pretty much this....I've been subbed for almost 3yrs and the only reasons I gave swtor a chance was because bioware made it....and because it's SW. I'd never played any MMO's before this (100% console gamer). I've tried several since....(Wildstar, star trek online, Rift) but never played more than an hour or so b4 it'd push me back to swtor.