Did I hear this right?

Uluain

The answer everyone is looking for is this: The transition from F2P re-routed all resources away from development and towards re-inventing the game. Now that SWTOR is finally standing back on its feet, we should see all this stuff slowly oozing down the content pipeline.

It a bummer. It's unfair. It's annoying, aggravating, and hurtful the way it reflects how LGBT players are marginalized by their game just as they are by their society at large...but it is what it is.

People definitely have the right to be annoyed/worried, but there's no reason to think it's not coming or that EA/Bioware has abandoned this promise. Everything's just taking longer than expected.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer everyone is looking for is this: The transition from F2P re-routed all resources away from development and towards re-inventing the game. Now that SWTOR is finally standing back on its feet, we should see all this stuff slowly oozing down the content pipeline.

It a bummer. It's unfair. It's annoying, aggravating, and hurtful the way it reflects how LGBT players are marginalized by their game just as they are by their society at large...but it is what it is.

People definitely have the right to be annoyed/worried, but there's no reason to think it's not coming or that EA/Bioware has abandoned this promise. Everything's just taking longer than expected.

A fair amount of the people posting about the content on the forums require only a couple of simple answers... "Is it still coming? When?" Last info we got was in March. That's plenty of time for them to have figured something out in that regard. Others might go as far as to ask the question... "How is it going to work?" Do we level up to 50 and have our companion conversations reset, or do we stop leveling as soon as we run into companions we'd like to romance?

I do understand that moving to the F2P model might have cost some extra resources and that said resources might have been diverted from production of the SGR content, but really... is it so much to ask to get a simple answer like... "We're still working on it, guys, it'll happen in 3 months" or whatever? Instead, we get shoved into a single thread that has grown beyond proportion and that hasn't seen a single response to our questions. Why? So that we don't interfere with the rest of the population? Stick the LGBT community in the corner, away from the "normal" people, so that it won't spread?

I can also understand not wanting to give out spoilers, but just an update as to whether the content is still coming or not isn't really a spoiler, I don't think. Even knowing which companions would be available for such isn't a spoiler. The blind faith in Bioware died out in most of us several months ago, and it's not because of something we did, it's because of something they did... or rather something they didn't do - mainly give us some information in response to our questions. Ball's in your court, Bioware. I sure hope you'll show us that you can still be considered a game developer that actually cares about its consumer base.

I've been posting this around so the info is out there now.

Since I promised I'd tell you guys if I got anything new, I came back in for a minute. I just checked my email.

Earlier, I had sent a news tip to gamesindustrybiz.com about this matter. For those of you that don't know, this is the same site were the posters had to correct the article about EA's stance on LGBT content. EA allowed an assumption to be published that was clearly trying to state SGRs were in the game. Since they helped write the article, I figured they could be another brief stopover.

Glad I listened to my instincts. :cool:

I got the following reply:

Hi Real Name.

I'm looking into this. I have contacted Bioware, and while I can't

promise anything, they swill probably be willing to talk about the issue.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Matthew Handrahan

So that's two groups for certain that are looking into this matter. There is another avenue to take our messages and emails to. I'll come back by later if I get anything more updates.

Edit: For the record, I did not let them know I contacted GLAAD. They got the same letter as GLAAD and other websites have received.

Edited by natashina

Hi everyone. We've had to remove a large number of posts from this thread for violating our Rules of Conduct. Please remember that personal attacks and discussions of real-world social and political issues are not permitted on the forums. It is perfectly fine to state whether or not you want a feature in the game, but resorting to personal attacks or bringing up debates about social issues is not appropriate.

If this SGR thing gets into the game I hope i'll be able to turn it off in options, or i'll be moving on to another game.

If this SGR thing gets into the game I hope i'll be able to turn it off in options, or i'll be moving on to another game.

Rest assured, you will not have to get involved. Just don't choose any flirt options and you'll be fine. No one is out to make people do anything they don't want to.

Honestly my initial "oh romance" reaction was player marriage full stop. (Seriously lolwut to romance in an MMO. Pointless. Just let players romance each other) If they're gonna bother with comp marriages and then claim they'll have s/s ones they might as well be blunt about it. If they changed their mind say so if it's still on the table (along with an ETA) say that too.

I don't want sgr to appear in TOR if it would affect our CURRENT companions. I wish that the only news Bioware will give is that it will never get implemented to what we have already. I played most character classes and while there are characters who are not involved in any relationships, a larger number of them have clearly established and developed personalities. I cannot imagine a person like Doc to suddenly have a crush on his Jedi Knight buddy. That guy is CLEARLY not into lads and there is no real other option for a male knight. It would be like the strangest thing ever if he was. It would mess things up and, unless they have them recorded already, they'd might need to alter a good bit of dialogues.

You like your companion characters, don't you? But if there is someone irl you really like but he/she is not into people of your gender - do you honestly try and "convert" him/her? Why would you want Bioware to do that to characters with alraedy-established personalities?

Can't you already marry two of your characters through legacy, no matter the sex?

You're in luck, they said (a long long time ago <insert reference here> they would not be implimenting SGR's on current companions. They said way back when, it will be future companions who will be SGR'able :)

You're in luck, they said (a long long time ago <insert reference here> they would not be implimenting SGR's on current companions. They said way back when, it will be future companions who will be SGR'able :)

Then I won't mind. And if they're gonna be hot females (if we won't get Jaesa ls romance :( ) they'd better be bi. But this issue could seriously get a break. Making some organisations to contact Bioware about it is rather excessive. Look at me. I gave hood toggle a break. I am patiently waiting now :l

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

i used to be all for SGR in the beginning, but after going through the relationship/marriage process with a couple of companions on different characters i can honestly say that the whole thing is overrated imo. the whole, relationship and marriage thing is over in a few conversations and you're like "oh, was that it?" what im trying to say is that i really dont care one way or the other at this point. if they add sgr options, great, if not oh well, i will still continue to play this game.

Then I won't mind. And if they're gonna be hot females (if we won't get Jaesa ls romance :( ) they'd better be bi. But this issue could seriously get a break. Making some organisations to contact Bioware about it is rather excessive. Look at me. I gave hood toggle a break. I am patiently waiting now :l

sgr was never in the product description. Remember that CE Vendor updates were part of the promotional articles as well as hood-down armor sets. Wouldn't it be more fair to deliver such things first?

• Dev Post
We'd like to remind everyone that this thread's purpose is to ask for clarifications or updates on SGRAs. Posts that are not related to the topic are considered derails and will be removed. Please also remember that discussions of political or social issues are not permitted. Thank you. Edited by CommunitySupport

sgr was never in the product description. Remember that CE Vendor updates were part of the promotional articles as well as hood-down armor sets. Wouldn't it be more fair to deliver such things first?

Just because it wasn't listed on the box doesn't mean it wasn't promised by the devs pre launch.

I imagine SGR's will probably come out simultaneous to them releasing a bunch of new companions and maybe during a new chapter. That's about the only way I can imagine it working out. If they just released one new companion for each class that had a case of the gays I think that would be a bit transparent, and kind of awkward.

I wonder if i'll have to make a new character to try these romances out though, considering my Gunslinger's moves-like-jagger on Akaavi.

I imagine SGR's will probably come out simultaneous to them releasing a bunch of new companions and maybe during a new chapter. That's about the only way I can imagine it working out. If they just released one new companion for each class that had a case of the gays I think that would be a bit transparent, and kind of awkward.

I wonder if i'll have to make a new character to try these romances out though, considering my Gunslinger's moves-like-jagger on Akaavi.

Some character are already flirting with your character, with no consideration about gender. Kalyio comes to mind. BW already said they planned to add those romance, and some characters were already almost done. I suppose Kalyio is one of them. Releasing new companion only for romance would be a bad move. They just need to allow some romance for both sex, and change some dialog (not even sure they talk about gender in romance discussion). Then add some conversation for lvl50, like "long time we are working together, and I was thinking....". That's not a lot of work, they just need writers and voice acting for it.

We'd like to remind everyone that this thread's purpose is to ask for clarifications or updates on SGRAs. Posts that are not related to the topic are considered derails and will be removed. Please also remember that discussions of political or social issues are not permitted. Thank you.

I thought this thread was about getting a confirmation as to whether what was said in Gabe A's interview about SGR's coming with Makeb is correct.

I haven't read any of the developer diaries or anything, but I've seen the implications of her any Belaya. The finished product makes it feel like it was planned to be SGR from the start, at least in my opinion.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post. Carry on. But I had read somewhere that males being able to romance her was a bug that was fixed with the first patch or something.

Edited by QwibQwib
Fact correction.

• Dev Post
Hello everyone. We recently posted a notice that debates about political and social issues are not appropriate for the forums, and a reminder that the thread needs to stay on topic, but community members have continue to make posts that violate the rules. If you break these rules, you forum privileges may be suspended. Edited by AllisonBerryman