Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

I logged in expecting to transfer off of my dead server, to see my server isn't apart of the free transfer list. I'm not going to wait weeks on end for BW to open up my server to allow transfers. Seriously BW, you wasted this much time to only allow a handful of servers for transfer. You could have done this weeks ago. This put the nail in the coffin for me, every single time I think BW is turning around, it's the same crap they've been feeding us 6 months ago. No sir, I am truly done.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i guess that it will take decades in order to do a character transfer for most of us, 1 day has passed and still few servers are available for transfers. that means that the game got a new "feature" that it is not even available for the majority of the players... epic FAIL.

Patch 1.3 is soooooo delayed, character transfer is just for laughs and bioware is gonna lose a lot of clients.

Character Trasfer system as implemented from yesterday is just for laugh

Awwww! The sky is falling, right? LOL!

Nah, this is a breath of fresh air that comes together with the server transfers. Air that will give life back in form of population and fun to the servers.

Snap out of it, Yzumaki and take part in the fun that is returning to the game in the coming week.

Couldn't find answer anywhere, is it possible there will be cross-country transfers anytime? Made a character on US realm by mistake, can't do any HC's, FP's or PvP now due to time zone difference. Really frustrating.
It looks like transfers in this phase will be within geographic boundaries and time zones. You may have to wait until general transfers are made available. The date for these is unknown, and they may entail a fee.

Well as of today I Unsubbed, it actually hurt me to do it as I love this game, the story , the characters but I'm on the "Lord Calypho" RP-PVP server and there are 10 people on fleet at the minute. As far as the guild goes all have unsubbed aswell.

What was the point in BW starting with so many servers only to spread the pop of gamers over them all ? made no sense fill what you have and then open more. I didnt mind having to wait 10-20mins to log in during early release, at least then I knew that the server would be rocking !

They started roughly an hour from now with them yesterday and they did say they'd do more in "the morning". I imagine it won't be too long now until you start seeing more servers being added to the list, barring anything going wrong.

Well as of today I Unsubbed, it actually hurt me to do it as I love this game, the story , the characters but I'm on the "Lord Calypho" RP-PVP server and there are 10 people on fleet at the minute. As far as the guild goes all have unsubbed aswell.

What was the point in BW starting with so many servers only to spread the pop of gamers over them all ? made no sense fill what you have and then open more. I didnt mind having to wait 10-20mins to log in during early release, at least then I knew that the server would be rocking !

Why are you unsubbing right before you are getting transfered? It doesnt make any sense. Its like doing a 10 mile run then right before the finish line you fall on the ground and give up.

And the reason why there are so many servers is because people was yelling during release when it was queues "OPEN MORE SERVERS NOOB BIOWARE OR I WILL UNSUB WAWA!"

Question!

It was stated in several posts by devs yesterday that they would resume rolling out more transfers this morning. The morning was over 5 hours ago from my position so I wonder if there will be anymore today.

what about make some schedule list for transfer servers? at least we will know, if we have to move or just wait for more people... or just unsubscribe and don't waste any more time on SWTOR!

Hehe they're not going to give you any more reasons to un-subscribe they have given you enough already. :D

Edited by Karabal

Why are you unsubbing right before you are getting transfered? It doesnt make any sense. Its like doing a 10 mile run then right before the finish line you fall on the ground and give up.

And the reason why there are so many servers is because people was yelling during release when it was queues "OPEN MORE SERVERS NOOB BIOWARE OR I WILL UNSUB WAWA!"

Well, this never happend. And well, atm theres like 4 servers whos not dead? They should just merge realms imo.

Sorry man, if you unsub a few days from getting a more populated server you don't love the game. Also, RP servers are a minority and it's easier to predict where you can go or from where you'll be receiving players.

Question!

It was stated in several posts by devs yesterday that they would resume rolling out more transfers this morning. The morning was over 5 hours ago from my position so I wonder if there will be anymore today.

The morning didn't start quite yet at Austin :-P

:) i loved having to wait in a 10/15 min que to log into a full server. because as soon as you got in there was people everywhere on all worlds and fleet doing stuff and you could hop right in

Question!

The morning that is spoken of is most likely referring to Austin time. So, anywhere between 2-4 hours would be a qualified guess, I think.

Question!

It is currently 6:40 AM in Austin, TX where BW is based.

I have read a lot of folks comments and wonder why?

I started on Razor....got 6 toons to 30's and it began to die off.....so I looked a server pops and re rolled to Yhe Shadowlands. I got 6 toons there to the 30's lvl and it began to die....so again I looked at server pops, this time taking more time to study the pops peak and non peak, I have now found a great home on Jedi Cov. and have 5 toons in the high 30's.

I did keep 2 toons on Shadowlands in case transfere came about. I wonder why folks who do enjoy the game would not have rerolled on a new server? You can tab through story to move faster. You learn a lot about the types of toons and much more by doing so, as well as having a chance to really play the game.

So why not?

Severity of the issue is not defined by the time it takes to solve it, but by the impact it has on those that experience it combined with the frequency of it's occurance.

Not being able to log in is a big issue, the fact that you needed to be DCed from an Operation or Warzone during your transfer makes the frequency of occurance probably less, but this is something we can only assume.

You see, it could just as much be that after you picked your character for transfer a lot of people went to do some warzones untill the actual transfer occured more often than was initially anticipated. These are numbers only Bioware has and were not shared with the public. And therefore, you are assuming on the severity of the issue.

I certainly don't blame them for wanting to start small.

I DO however get very annoyed in that they took away any choice from the user on where they wish to play, people with characters on different servers who rolled again only to find their second choice also died the death can't merge their characters onto a server of THEIR choice and continue to play which is what many were waiting for.

Contrary to most peoples beliefs many people DON'T enjoy rerolling toons over and over and over again because of Biowares inability to design a robust system or enviroment or allow its customers to compensate for fluctuations and relocate and play the game.

Including myself.

As for over population etc, yes I understand this, but ultimately giving users the choice ultimately solves this, people will ultimately relocate off them later on if they feel its required.

But the basic problem is Bioware is unable to design a enviroment that can support large ammounts of players like eve, the gaming enviroment is FAR too fractured and sharded and is highly prone to fluctuations which utterly degrade the gaming experience and that above all needs addressing.

Edited by Hawk-Firestorm

I wonder why folks who do enjoy the game would not have rerolled on a new server? You can tab through story to move faster. You learn a lot about the types of toons and much more by doing so, as well as having a chance to really play the game.

So why not?

Because people have playstyles that differ from yours, ThreeFeathers. Some of us become emotionally attached to one or two characters (mains) and can't easily part with them. Some people like to discover every last pattern, obtain every last datacron and explore every last corner of the map on one character. That "completionist" playthrough is no fun more than once. These are just two examples of reasons; there are many more.

Many did reroll only to find that server died too.

Contrary to some peoples beliefs most people don't like wasting their time rerolling over and over again because their server died, they were expecting to be able to move their characters where they wished and continue playing.

Bioware didn't deliver this, and because they didn't I can only see things getting worse as many that placed their trust and faith in them to get this sorted and stuck it out will just quit, aggrivating the problem further.

Ultimately its bad management and appauling design that's plagued this game from the outset and its got to stop.

Edited by Hawk-Firestorm

Because people have playstyles that differ from yours, ThreeFeathers. Some of us become emotionally attached to one or two characters (mains) and can't easily part with them. Some people like to discover every last pattern, obtain every last datacron and explore every last corner of the map on one character. That "completionist" playthrough is no fun more than once. These are just two examples of reasons; there are many more.

Yeah trying to play everything say 8 times (each class) would be terminally boring given the lack of new content, never mind 16 times.