Ranked Team Set Up

VasKur

0/10 Though the healing spec is okay, the other 2 healer ACs are unquestionably better post bubble buff. DPS is a joke, but you like the rest of the pvp community knew that.

DPS is not a joke. staying up is the classes downfall..

Someone sucks at the class i see.

against a good ranked team with a melee composition, you wont be able to do squat as a Merc. no casts = poor damage output.

if you assume equal gear and skill level, Merc DPS is outperformed by every other DPS class

DPS is not a joke. staying up is the classes downfall..

Still trolling? I guess I'll feed you. I'm well aware that their actual DPS isn't the problem, I was referencing their DPS specs as being a joke in competative pvp, for exactly the reason you mentioned, too easily shut down.

Right now in my opinion, the best ranked set up would be (im imp so im using there classes)

Heals - Operative

Heals - Sorcerer (Bubble Burst)

Tank - Jugg (Can respec for non hutball games)

DPS - Powertech

DPS - Powertech

DPS - Mara (Canage for speed buff)

DPS - Jugg (can guard if necessary)

DPS - this could be a few things (mara - not carnage, sniper, another PT, another jugg or assassin)

This is basically a lot of burst which is pretty much necessary to win competitive ranked right now

Right now in my opinion, the best ranked set up would be (im imp so im using there classes)

Heals - Operative

Heals - Sorcerer (Bubble Burst)

Tank - Jugg (Can respec for non hutball games)

DPS - Powertech

DPS - Powertech

DPS - Mara (Canage for speed buff)

DPS - Jugg (can guard if necessary)

DPS - this could be a few things (mara - not carnage, sniper, another PT, another jugg or assassin)

This is basically a lot of burst which is pretty much necessary to win competitive ranked right now

Ya if that teams runs into 2 sniper teams, it's over. Snipers are too good not to use them.

Heals - Operative healer - Single Target healing

Heals - Bubblepop Sorc - Utility

Tank -1 Sin Tank/ DPS Hybrid - Best solo defenders

Tank - 1 Jug Full Tank - IMO best tank for PVP

DPS - 1 Powertech - Single Target burst

DPS - 1 Carnage Marauder - Speed and single target burst

DPS - 1 Mara Smasher - AOE damage for grouped up targets

DPS - 1 Sniper - Pick off the inevitable load of lol smashers you will come up against

Edited by SuperDaioz

1- Healer - Lightning/corruption hybrid sorc for bubble stun (once bubble stun gets nerfed, replace with operative)

2- Healer - Operative

3- Tank - Juggernaut

4- DPS- Sniper

5- DPS- Sniper or PT

6- DPS- Carnage marauder

7 - DPS- Mara or rage jugg

8- DPS or hybrid- sin

Edited by fungihoujo

Do the people over at BW ever read these threads? The only time dps sorcs and mercs are mentioned is when someone claims that they can be viable" followed by a 3 page back-n-forth conversation on the topic of why they arent the best choices.

...and yet nothing changed.

its only a small team now at BW, they have too many things to do at once. Changes will come but for now, let the FoTM's have there time ours will come mwhahahaha :)

against a good ranked team with a melee composition, you wont be able to do squat as a Merc. no casts = poor damage output.

if you assume equal gear and skill level, Merc DPS is outperformed by every other DPS class

You also wont be able to do squat if you do not have your own personal healer with you at all times, same goes for a regular WZ.

just cus everyone is so negativ to the merc, i would have a full team of merc.

just cus we are awsome

I think what is amusing are those people who have never tried being a Merc in PVP, but seem to think they know everything about the Merc. I have always said, to be a merc in PVP is the most difficult class to master and it is genuinely bloody difficult, even if you have an obnoxious one saying "you do not know your class", he/she knows darn well the Merc needs something to spice it up a bit, and so do the ones playing the easier to manage classes, such as Smuggler, Operative, etc, etc, basically every other class. Now with the amount of enemies I have on both sides, obviously I take a good bashing sometimes, if I am without my heals, serious bashing's then the usual obnoxious /say comments that unfortunately any US server is riddled with as they are not very good at taking criticism at all, however, a Merc with heals support all of a sudden the Merc is able to lay its damage down constantly, and most of the time putting the enemy in its place regardless of who they are :).

There are also some amazing Mando's in this game, that have mastered that class and are to me to be respected. They know who they are, and they are genuinely good, because they use there brains and use additional weapons such as grenades, which I have just started to use with some alright results on my Merc if a little costly to have made.

Ignore the wind up merchants who will constantly try to put you down if you are a Merc who has just taken an utter bashing. This does not prove they are better, as gang bashing is not a special skill, it is just vindictive individuals who will take advantage of the weaker class but still require 5-6 to make sure that person is deflated in every possible way. If so many of these so called high end pvpers think the Merc is that under powered, may I ask why you need so many to take 1 down?. I see it a lot, not just on myself but numerous other Merc's who I respect and who I know are genuine pvpers, not glorified rambo's with overpowered classes.