Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC

EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.

Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION

GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss

single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!

Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN

Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:

- Faction Skirmish

- Capture the Flag

- Kill the General

- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT

EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:

The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL

Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.

Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!

You'll be seeing me and my guild there rallying, I've mailed Icesis for details! Great idea by the way.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, in relation to the event, can we have an overview of where it will be held, how many guild are attending thus far, etc? We need to promote it in general chat too to get word out.

Yes that would be good, did you msg the organiser of the event?

It's really great that you have time to respond to talk about sparkle powder, legacy achievements and color crystals, how about you take a few seconds to give the APAC servers some words on what/when you are closing our servers. People have accepted the fact you are going to shut us down, as you can clearly see by the posts on this forum, now the question we are left with is when! You have said you are closing APAC and after the outcry you told us we get to choose which server we will be moved to (thanks for the heads up on that one btw) how about you give us a time frame now so we can sort ourselves out around that.

If you don't know when you are doing this tell us! Use PR talk like "we are working out the best way to implement our plan of server merges and currently have no estimated time we can give you."

Any response is better than silence.

I can't speak for everyone but personally I feel like SWTOR's unwanted step child sent away to boarding school to be kept out of the way. We get ignored, but get told that you are listening to our problems, you come up with solutions that we are told is what we asked for, but really its just what is convenient for you. We get ignored over the American players because we are just not as important as them.

It's really great that you have time to respond to talk about sparkle powder, legacy achievements and color crystals, how about you take a few seconds to give the APAC servers some words on what/when you are closing our servers. People have accepted the fact you are going to shut us down, as you can clearly see by the posts on this forum, now the question we are left with is when! You have said you are closing APAC and after the outcry you told us we get to choose which server we will be moved to (thanks for the heads up on that one btw) how about you give us a time frame now so we can sort ourselves out around that.

If you don't know when you are doing this tell us! Use PR talk like "we are working out the best way to implement our plan of server merges and currently have no estimated time we can give you."

Any response is better than silence.

I can't speak for everyone but personally I feel like SWTOR's unwanted step child sent away to boarding school to be kept out of the way. We get ignored, but get told that you are listening to our problems, you come up with solutions that we are told is what we asked for, but really its just what is convenient for you. We get ignored over the American players because we are just not as important as them.

Some ppl have accepted it, there are 843 who publicly don't accept it. There are many more who would if they knew about the petition. There is also a server event this Sunday 5 pm AEDT to protest it.

Will it work? Probably not. EA are well known for not listening to its customers. But we are willing to fight the decision until the end.

Edited by ChuangTzu

Wrong, our servers are soon to be gone. Thank god :)

I can see we have gotten u really riled up jacsiah, you have gone from trying to be the voice of reason to pure trolling as u get more and more upset. At least it gives me a good laugh, what's next, a petition against our petition? Lol!

Some ppl have accepted it, there are 843 who publicly don't accept it. There are many more who would if they knew about the petition. There is also a server event this Sunday 5 pm AEDT to protest it.

Will it work? Probably not. EA are well known for not listening to its customers. But we are willing to fight the decision until the end.

Your resistance only makes me LOL harder!

I can see we have gotten u really riled up jacsiah, you have gone from trying to be the voice of reason to pure trolling as u get more and more upset. At least it gives me a good laugh, what's next, a petition against our petition? Lol!

Why would I not be surprised? :rolleyes:

Some ppl have accepted it, there are 843 who publicly don't accept it. There are many more who would if they knew about the petition.

Mate, if have put my name on that petition, but there is accepting it being in reality where you know the chances of that changing anything are slim but still hopeful, and there is closing your eyes sticking your fingers in your ears thinking they are going to change their minds if you wish real hard.

After all the rage on the forums about this topic doesn't even rate a response from those in charge, I would at least like a little information so i can plan accordingly. I'm sorry if this upsets you, I would love to be able to stay at 30ms, but I would also love to never have to work again but get buckets of money each week, eat what ever food I want without putting on weight and a bra that can manage to hold my ***** in place while I run. I am though, a realist.

Why would I not be surprised? :rolleyes:

Because it would be suprising to see EAWARE hold onto the apac servers..

haha but you and I both know that's just not going to happen ..

Goodbye low ping and Hello healthy population :)

Edited by jackdaley

Mate, if have put my name on that petition, but there is accepting it being in reality where you know the chances of that changing anything are slim but still hopeful, and there is closing your eyes sticking your fingers in your ears thinking they are going to change their minds if you wish real hard.

After all the rage on the forums about this topic doesn't even rate a response from those in charge, I would at least like a little information so i can plan accordingly. I'm sorry if this upsets you, I would love to be able to stay at 30ms, but I would also love to never have to work again but get buckets of money each week, eat what ever food I want without putting on weight and a bra that can manage to hold my ***** in place while I run. I am though, a realist.

Don't bother..

If a gaming company like Blizzard or ArenaNet pissed in a cup they would cheer and boast how it taste like wine.

If Bioware gave them water, they would mutter and gossip about how queer it tastes.

My point being you can't reason with fanboys/haters and people who think Ping is more important than population, because honestly anyone who thinks like that sorry but I would have to peg their IQ at about 65.

Edited by jackdaley

Jacsiah? Who is that? I think you meant Elysiah? Still going back to that, lol I don't care enough about this game to make two accounts to post on a forum buddy.

Oh I'm far from upset ;) and seeing as you labeled me the voice of reason il agree. I'm for the logical side of this argument.

And I am not trolling sorry.

Jacsiah? Who is that? I think you meant Elysiah? Still going back to that, lol I don't care enough about this game to make two accounts to post on a forum buddy.

Oh I'm far from upset ;) and seeing as you labeled me the voice of reason il agree. I'm for the logical side of this argument.

And I am not trolling sorry.

Lol jacsiah? hurr g1

and they call us trolls!

They so zany!

see that would be a pointless and unnecessary invention , no man would ever invent such a thing.

Edited by darthnish

Did u read my whole reply? Obviously not! I am fully aware that the petition is unlikely to have any effect at all but that does not mean that I have to give up trying and turn into the likes of Jacsiah. I have even prepare for the merger by reserving my various toon's names on the Harbinger. But i will continue to campaign for them to change their decision until it finally happens.

see that would be a pointless and unnecessary invention , no man would ever invent such a thing.

Yes, I do not hold my breath waiting for such a thing. Would be nice not to hit myself in the face when I run though.